What "types" of women do you refer to?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 8:56 pm

I always hear people saying that depending on the "type" of woman one wants, a guy needs to work on himself. What are these "types" of women people refer to and what are their descriptions? Should I pursue any certain "types" within reason or just be as broad as physically possible?

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 10:32 pm

Option 2, be as broad as physically possible.

Forget about types.

Your 'type' of girl should be nothing more than 'one you are attracted to and like her personality, she is attracted to you back and likes your personality, she lives close enough to visit at least once or twice a week, and she takes care of her health, hygiene and appearance as much as the average person'.

Forget about leagues.

No one is better than anyone else.

To have the most likelihood of success, though, it's better to go for women who are no better than an opposite sex version of yourself.

For example, if you still live with your parents and can't drive yet, you'll be more likely to find success to date other women who live with their parents and can't drive yet then one's who live alone and can.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 2:01 am

Outrider wrote:
Option 2, be as broad as physically possible.

Forget about types.

Your 'type' of girl should be nothing more than 'one you are attracted to and like her personality, she is attracted to you back and likes your personality, she lives close enough to visit at least once or twice a week, and she takes care of her health, hygiene and appearance as much as the average person'.

Forget about leagues.

No one is better than anyone else.

To have the most likelihood of success, though, it's better to go for women who are no better than an opposite sex version of yourself.

For example, if you still live with your parents and can't drive yet, you'll be more likely to find success to date other women who live with their parents and can't drive yet then one's who live alone and can.

I think this is a sound way of seeing it... 'types' are a restrictive way to think unless you have enough different experiences to safely say u seen it all... but many times u dont know u like something in someone until youve had it and conversely, may think u want something that u turn up no longer wanting once youve had it ad its not how u thought it would be.

Bridgette77
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2016, 2:50 am

forget about types. If you focus on types, you'll miss the one you probably should be with, because you were focusing on the wrong thing. Find someone you can share interests with, someone you can cary on a conversation with, someone who understand you, and you can understand. Find someone you can relate to on issues that are important to you. These are the things that are important, not types. I do agree that everyone should work on themselves before trying to work on finding a partner. It makes for a more healthy relationship.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 9:47 am

"types" are a quick and easy way to sort people and assign prejudices and stereotypes to them.
for example, there is the type "cheerleader"; who is seen as someone who has low intelligence and interests, mainly caring about her appearance and social status, and pretty much nothing else. they prefer sporty jocks.
(as i stated, this is a stereotype, and in no way my own view)

they can also be broader and simpler, like "she's not my type, i only like blondes".

i parrot the advice to just ignore these; be the person you want to be, and find a girl (or guy) that wants that kind of person, not the other way around

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 10:17 am

Gold diggers are easily attracted with displays of wealth, like driving around in an expensive convertible car.