Aspie hacker Lauri Love to be extradited to America

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 11:50 pm

Computer activist Lauri Love loses appeal against US extradition Love, 31, who has Asperger syndrome, could face a 99-year prison sentence for hacking into missile defence centres

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2016, 11:57 pm

MPs will ask Barack Obama to drop US extradition of vulnerable ‘hacker’ Lauri Love

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2017, 5:26 pm

Hacking suspect Lauri Love 'would work' with US

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 5:49 pm

Assuming that anyone at all should have their finger on that proverbial button, why is it on the www. :idea:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 1:34 am

Hacking suspect Lauri Love given permission to challenge extradition

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 3:08 pm

Theresa May under pressure to stop extradition of hacking suspect Lauri Love Lauri Love's case echoes that of Gary McKinnon, from north London, who had Asperger's and also faced US allegations of hacking.

Quote:
The MPs, including government minister Matt Hancock, who signed the letter in his capacity as Mr Love's constituency MP, warned that there was "a great probability" that Mr Love, who is on a range of medication, would commit suicide if extradited.

"The UK has prosecuted at least 13 computer hackers who have interfered with US-based computer systems," they wrote.

Many of those hackers did not suffer from the conditions that Mr Love is afflicted with, according to the letter, and yet they were handled by the UK's criminal justice system.

They said Mr Love would be the first alleged British computer hacker to be extradited "and denied the opportunity to face a full prosecution in the UK".

Mr Love's case echoes that of Gary McKinnon, who had Asperger's and also faced US allegations of hacking. His extradition was blocked by Mrs May, who was home secretary at the time.