Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

dkraps95
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2016, 6:29 pm

I am a Christian.
I would like to talk to other Christians
(- un believers are definitely welcome as well-)

out there.

dkraps95 :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 6:41 pm

There are lots of Christians here.

I am an Agnostic/Atheist whose mother is Jewish.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 7:39 pm

I am Catholic, so PM me whenever you want.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 1:35 pm

I am of the Protestant Christian faith.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 3:01 pm

I like the teachings of Jesus; but the control, manipulation, and mythology that has bloomed around them is destructive. Behind the spiritual-sounding language of Christian religious institutions are these core doctrines:

1) You cannot trust yourself. You need someone else to tell you what to do, what to say, what to think, and what to believe. That someone has read just enough of the Bible to justify using its contents to remind you of how untrustworthy you are.

2) Your mind is your enemy. It is the realm of Satan, and reason is his favorite tool. He will use it to deceive you and to destroy your faith with "reasonable doubt".

3) You should only do God's will. Your will is opposed to God's will.

4) You are cursed and deserve death because of Adam and the bad apple.

5) God's anger is so great with you that He required the murder of His son in order for Him to forgive you.

6) This "Gift of Christ" actually only works if you "accept it" and believe that Jesus was God's son. If you are not sure or don't know or think it might not be true, then you won't be "saved" from God's wrath.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -- The Mahatma, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"Mark Twain described his mother as a genuinely good person, whose soft heart pitied even Satan, but who had no doubt about the legitimacy of slavery, because in years of living in antebellum Missouri she had never heard any sermon opposing slavery, but only countless sermons preaching that slavery was God's will. With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion." -- Steven Weinberg, in "A Designer Universe?" at PhysLink.com

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 2:14 pm

I am a disciple of Christian faith, but I oppose anyone who tells me I should to to church to justify my beliefs or to value what I have. I go to church in good faith, whether it's my or, someone else's life's a gonner, and I'm praying on their behalf.
Actually, its part of the Christian faith to support underlying communities who struggle along with the poor, just to make life more bearable. Life is tough in the wider world, but its the real and little people who suffer the most.

A premonition can count towards your faith and beliefs, the job of a Christian is never done, and is the same as piling your energies into worthy causes. Like the tune of Unchained Melody, the sorrows just keep pouring out.

As for a thread, I think maybe a good idea would be in members discussion or the haven, where small talk still exists.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2016, 2:27 pm

I believe in God but I don't consider myself a Christian, I am just a dude with a Bible, a Quran and some other documents and I don't have much expectation that any of this will end well.

My God is Jesus Christ but I doubt he knows me.

God saves who he wants to save, you cannot be saved through religion.

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
- Romans 9:18

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
- Matthew 7:22-23

I call on Gods name but I am not expecting a reply.

Yo El
Toucan
Toucan

30 Dec 2016, 2:34 pm

dcj123 wrote:
I believe in God but I don't consider myself a Christian, I am just a dude with a Bible, a Quran and some other documents and I don't have much expectation that any of this will end well.

My God is Jesus Christ but I doubt he knows me.

God saves who he wants to save, you cannot be saved through religion.

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
- Romans 9:18

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
- Matthew 7:22-23

I call on Gods name but I am not expecting a reply.

If you truly believe Jesus is the Son of God, that he died on the cross for your sins and overcame death you have nothing to worry about. The quote you made from Matthew 7:22-23 is often misinterpreted. Instead of trying to justify themself by faith that Jesus Christ died on the cross for their sins, and thereby payed the ransom for them. They tried to justify themselves by the works they have done, those who try to do this have never known Jesus. You can't work your way up to heaven by doing good deeds, if you could Jesus Christ didn't have to die for our sins on the cross to begin with. He died on the cross not because we deserved it, but because we didn't. Now if you accept that Jesus died for your sins, you will be saved and Jesus Christ will know you. Jesus Christ saved us from the slavery of sin, you are now a free man. This doesn't mean you should sin and if you do, ask for forgiveness. Faith doesn't stop by just believing if God exists or doesn't. It also means you believe the words He says, and if you believe in the words someone says. You do the things He says.

Get rid of that qu'ran of yours, you and I both know it's inspired by the devil. You should read that Bible more often and find other believers who can guide you in your faith. You must know that you and I are insanely blessed, we know the truth which was revealed to us. People should be jealous of what we have.

Now, you have my blessing kind sir. And if I can help more please add me I'd love to talk to a fellow believer in Jesus Christ.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2016, 6:40 pm

I was raised Southern Baptist, not Cessationist, and rediscovered my Jewish roots, as a grownup.

I am not offended by paranormalism, as a scientific phenomenon, but do not consider myself an occultist.