He's away. Don't know when he's coming back.

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2016, 4:45 am

sly279 wrote:
I don't get when women say they'll independent on dating sites, I'm like ok they why do you want a relationship.

Same with the. Saying they want drama free, life isn't drama free, I don't think anyone has a perfect wonderful life where nothing bad happens.

0.o so I pass them up amongst other reasons I'm not good enough

Hmm I would say that I'm independent in the fact I don't need a guy to survive but do see it as a benefit. At the same time if my fiancee isn't around I can take care of myself and make do. I will always keep myself in a position that if he chose to leave me or I chose to leave him I would have the means to continue.

I agree woth what Bridgette said about the no drama. It means extremes like; I have 2 girls pregnant and have been in prison.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2016, 4:28 pm

That's not how I see relationships why is dependent seen as so bad?

I have aspergers, anxiety, adhd and some ocd. I'll never be drama free. I get panic attacks. Isn't that what they mean?

Bridgette77
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2016, 5:48 pm

sly279 wrote:
Bridgette77 wrote:

Let's see if I can make some sense of that for you, if it's possible, because I don't understand most women myself, though yes, I am one. when the women say they are independent in that fashion, they are meaning, they don't need a man to survive, but they choose to allow one into their space. This is a protection mechanism, and nothing more, made to be a wall, so they don't get hurt. It doesn't work though. Most of the time, they end up with a large chip on their sholder, or alone for a long time, looking for something they cannot find, who is Mister perfect, which doesn't exist.

Now for the other crazy Nonsensical unrealistic thing that women love to say all of the time. "Keep it drama free." What they mean is, "I don't want your past baby mama baggage, or your past ex girlfriend baggage. I don't want any of your life's complications, because mine are complicated enough." In essence, they want to be a fair weather girlfriend only. When the stuff get's tough the girl will get going. So, if you see that, run! Also, never think you are not good enough. Don't let anyone make you feel inferior. It's them that has the problem, not you. If they can't accept you for who you are, they have the problem, not you. Any real woman will accept a man for who he is, flaws, kworks and all.

Seems to be most women on dating sites and Craigslist say those things and the list of requirements

How do I do that . I'm starting to feel worthless anywhere I go like why should I be even allowed to work near or for women. Constantly see women say those things or they want a real man then list what makes a real man.

Why would a woman accept a man with flaws when she could find a real man ?

glad he got back to you. I know how bad it feels to miss someone

Big hugs to you Sly279, just because I think you need some. Thank you by the way. Let me start off by saying that everyone has flaws and faults. Whether you have a disability or not, everyone has faults and flaws, and no one is perfect, and everyone deserves to have someone. My boyfriend has his flaws, as his mother keeps telling me over and over, but like I tell her, everyone does, but it doesn't mean I love him any less. Someday, somewhere, you're going to find someone that wil feel the same about you also. You've got to put yourself out there to be seen and show off your good qualities. Everyone has those too. Now, to answer your question about what makes a real man... The definition of a "Real man" is different for each woman, and the best thing to do is ask a woman what she means by that. For some it might mean a man who is going to stay with her through good times, bad times, and not leave when things get bad or tough. someone that will be there for her, listen to her, and comfort her when she is sad, and support her when things go wrong, and stand by her and be proud of her when she achieves something. Someone who is dependable, and who could help out with stuff, if he doesn't work for some reason., or if he works part time. This is what my list is, by the way, for an example, with the added, someone who can deal with my disability. Some women have other lists, but I couldn't begin to know what they are. They might be, a man who has a job, has a car, can fix things, it's different for everyone, and the only way to know, is to ask. To me, what constitutes a real man is, a man who doesn't run in the face of trouble. That's what a real man is.

Bridgette77
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2016, 5:58 pm

sly279 wrote:
That's not how I see relationships why is dependent seen as so bad?

I have aspergers, anxiety, adhd and some ocd. I'll never be drama free. I get panic attacks. Isn't that what they mean?

No, you have disabilities, not drama. You can't help what you have. Control it perhaps with meds, but you can't help it. Drama is stuff that you create ad bring upon yourself. See the example above of a guy who has drama, and I'll retype it and add some flavor to it to make it extra drama filled so you understand. "I have two girls pregnant who are still fighting over me, and I've been in prison.". That's drama. LOL. Having disabilities, and disorders is not drama. Anyone who tells you so, is wrong for doing so. I hope that helps. I do agree that no person is fully independent. No man or woman is a rock or an island, no matter who they are. We all need somebody.