Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 7:11 pm

I think most people got the humor.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2016, 7:57 pm

Thats why the "Twilight' series is so educational.

We all have learned from various movie franchises that vampires dont get along with warewolves.
But from watching Twilight I learned that in America most vampires are White (descended from European immigrant undead)while most American Warewolves are descended from Native American First Nation lupine lineages who were already here before Columbus (ie they are all American Indians).

Who knew?

I sure as heck never knew that!

I also learned from watching Twilight that Warewolves are very ADHD in behavior (or atleast Bela Swan's warewolf boyfriend was), while Vampires tend to be very aspergian in temperament.

So ASD folks might be able to match wits against vampires, while ADHD folks would be better than NTs at dealing with a warewolf plague. But all three:NTs, ASDers, and ADHDers, would all be equally helpless in the face of a zombie apocalypse.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 5:18 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
I often fantasise about the imminent Zombie Apocalypse.
Are you a prepper?
Are you ready?
How do you think ASD Sufferers will fair?
What qualities will give them the edge over their NT counterparts?

- Well, i'm into preparedness but i have moved on to bushcraft as a natural extension of prepping. I've slept outside a few times and it isn't that bad. Even got a portable solar panel now that can charge my smartphone.

- I think so, my family is getting tired of me asking them to store extra Sawyer minis and Mountain House curries :)

- Some better, some worse.

- Well... i can only speak for myself: I can deal with loneliness better, i'm more pragmatic and i have a good memory, the stuff i have learned i have also practised and i have invented a few things to make life easier. I know how to navigate (since a child), i got medical training from the armed forces and i got a BOB and a BOL.

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2017, 11:43 pm

I think a certain degree of emotional obliviousness, combined with ingenuity and creativity, will come in handy when civilization crashes and walkers roam our cities. Carefully calculating what to do in potentially deadly scenarios beforehand will be necessary for continued survival.

My neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 82 of 200

I am very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)