How Will ASD Sufferers Fair In The Zombie Apocalypse

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 10:06 am

I often fantasise about the imminent Zombie Apocalypse.
Are you a prepper?
Are you ready?
How do you think ASD Sufferers will fair?
What qualities will give them the edge over their NT counterparts?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 11:14 am

I don't think there will be any difference between any neurologies. It will just be a nightmare for everybody, and some might deal with it better than others. I don't really look at everything in the "Aspies will do X, NTs will do Y" sense.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 11:15 am

1. No.
2. Nope. Work's got me too busy to get things together.
3. I think we'd be pretty well f****d.
4. See above.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 11:16 am

Mmmmm zombie apocalypse....

I joke with my spouse sometimes that I believe I was born for such a thing. It would be the world in which I think I would not only thrive in, but likely be more than content living in. The collapse of electricity, running water and technology? Um yes, please. City populations dwindling to nothing as people scramble to get the (blank) out of Dodge? Again, yes please. The silence of it all would be an eargasm. No more power lines and yelling neighbors. Ohhhhhhh.....

Beyond that, I think there really is something to be said for really only having to concern yourself with not starving to death, dying of dehydration, and not getting eaten. I know how to grow my own food, want to learn to can in an old-timey way... so that could be fun. I'm not so great with water purification, but tons of kids at science fairs can't be too off base with simplistic homemade water filters, and boiling is always an option for post filtration... Maybe I have too much faith in my own abilities though. I dunno. My problems with digesting animal proteins would be problematic though. I'd have to get real creative once house/store raids started turning up nothing. Maybe I'd have to relocate to a warmer climate...

One thing that kinda makes me wonder about my own psychology is the fact that I believe killing zombies sounds like a great form of stress relief. 8O Not sure if I should admit to that, but the idea of stabbing those things in the head sounds like a great way to let off steam.

I am in no way, shape or form currently ready for a zombie apocalypse... though the general consensus of people who know me say that my house is where they want to e when stuff hits the fan. :lol: My prepping skills seriously leave things to be desired. I think now and then that I should get into that more, but I have the attention span of a puppy with adhd, so I never seem to get around to it.

How will us spectrumy folks fair? Probably the same as any other folks... some will rock it, others not so much.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 11:19 am

I am fully prepped and ready. And no, DON'T arrive at my house thinking I owe you anything just because you didn't believe "it" would happen.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2016, 11:21 am

LOL. I don't think anyone would fare too well. Even if you prep, get savvy with weapons, etc you still don't factor in the emotional side of a zombie apocalypse. Everyone you knew is undead, your kids can't go out and play at the park or ride bikes, because you know, bloodthirsty zombies and stuff. What if someone you're close to gets infected? Also we're all going to run out of provisions at some point.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 11:33 am

The_Dark_Citadel wrote:
LOL. I don't think anyone would fare too well. Even if you prep, get savvy with weapons, etc you still don't factor in the emotional side of a zombie apocalypse. Everyone you knew is undead, your kids can't go out and play at the park or ride bikes, because you know, bloodthirsty zombies and stuff. What if someone you're close to gets infected? Also we're all going to run out of provisions at some point.

Prepping isn't a "one-size-fits-all" proposal. Unmarried individuals have different preps than individuals with families and extended families. Different locations and climates have different preps. The amount of wealth an individual intends to protect has its own preps. Within all these variables, each and every individual should be able to create a near-perfect fit for themselves and those they welcome into their lives. Prepping isn't all about shooting guns or all about building a bunker with a 50-year stockpile of food ... with hottub. The great thing about it is its adaptability. The web site ApartmentPrepper.com ( http://www.apartmentprepper.com/ ) helps suggest ways for those on a budget to accomplish their prepping goals.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 12:46 pm

dossa wrote:

One thing that kinda makes me wonder about my own psychology is the fact that I believe killing zombies sounds like a great form of stress relief. 8O Not sure if I should admit to that, but the idea of stabbing those things in the head sounds like a great way to let off steam.

Yeah I think I'd really struggle with my first zombie kill even if it was a life or death situation. I think it would change me forever and probably not in a good way, it would undoubtedly become my new special interest :wink: .

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 2:40 pm

I'm sure I'll fair just fine because I'm a fighter and not one who suffers.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 3:45 pm

I can't imagine it will be all death, horror and destruction. Zombies are going to want to have time for other things like love and affection, playing computer games or whatever. I don't care what their reputation is, they can't go around killing people 24/7. I think us ASD's could relate to their problems pretty well and I'd be confident I could strike up a meaningful relationship with a zombie. I'm even open to the idea of marrying a zombie.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 4:14 pm

According to the test I took on Facebook,
I would survive 71 days.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 4:32 pm

@AspieUtah: Thanks, for posting that link----I scanned the first page, and bookmarked it with the hope of reading it more, in-depth, REAL soon!!

Ever since, several years ago, when I first started studying being a "green" person, I have wanted to be a prepper----never considered zombies, though! LOL I think it's a GREAT idea to think about / have food stores, bottled-water, toilet paper, ammunition, cash, medical supplies, and so-forth!

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 4:49 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
@AspieUtah: Thanks, for posting that link----I scanned the first page, and bookmarked it with the hope of reading it more, in-depth, REAL soon!!

Ever since, several years ago, when I first started studying being a "green" person, I have wanted to be a prepper----never considered zombies, though! LOL I think it's a GREAT idea to think about / have food stores, bottled-water, toilet paper, ammunition, cash, medical supplies, and so-forth!

All so true! I prep primarily because I don't like waiting until my supplies are dwindled and used up before I rush out to pay top dollar for resupplies. When done with intention, prepping ends up saving families a lot of money ... regardless of the zombies in their neighborhoods. :)

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 5:11 pm

Let's see, Seriously what do you expect. I might as well right RIP on my shirt. I don't like your Sufferers attitude. I mean I'm sufferering from Autism as much as NT are suffering from being NT. |-|

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 6:38 pm

Pieplup wrote:
Let's see, Seriously what do you expect. I might as well right RIP on my shirt. I don't like your Sufferers attitude. I mean I'm sufferering from Autism as much as NT are suffering from being NT. |-|

No offence meant, I'm happy for you that you are not suffering but all I read about on this forum is how ASD impacts on peoples lives. Truth be told the only reason I wrote it that way is I'm lazy and it's less characters to type. I could of wrote "How Would People With ASD Fair In The Zombie Apocalypse" but that would taken up an extra 5 seconds of my life.

Ven_
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Sep 2016, 6:40 pm

Well, I already view most neurotypicals as zombies. Think about it.

-Creatures of pure pleasure seeking. Especially those in authority.
-Don't want to have fun at work or be happy in life.
-Don't want to work hard or be efficient at it.
-Desperately don't want to offend someone through action or inaction
-Don't stand for anything. They have no principles.