How Will ASD Sufferers Fair In The Zombie Apocalypse

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ven_
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Sep 2016, 6:40 pm

Well, I already view most neurotypicals as zombies. Think about it.

-Creatures of pure pleasure seeking. Especially those in authority.
-Don't want to have fun at work or be happy in life.
-Don't want to work hard or be efficient at it.
-Desperately don't want to offend someone through action or inaction
-Don't stand for anything. They have no principles.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 6:44 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
Let's see, Seriously what do you expect. I might as well right RIP on my shirt. I don't like your Sufferers attitude. I mean I'm sufferering from Autism as much as NT are suffering from being NT. |-|

No offence meant, I'm happy for you that you are not suffering but all I read about on this forum is how ASD impacts on peoples lives. Truth be told the only reason I wrote it that way is I'm lazy and it's less characters to type. I could of wrote "How Would People With ASD Fair In The Zombie Apocalypse" but that would taken up an extra 5 seconds of my life.

and a Minute less of typing that response.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 6:48 pm

lostproperty wrote:
I think us ASD's could relate to their problems pretty well and I'd be confident I could strike up a meaningful relationship with a zombie. I'm even open to the idea of marrying a zombie.

You have a fluffy imagination.

I'm trying to work out how you relate to Zombies. Yeah they have special interests , may say inappropriate things at times "Brains!!" , no good at small talk , fussy eaters , stim with their arms outstretched - not seeing the link :P .

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 7:00 pm

The human apocalypse is more likely. But that said I'd have no problem killing zombies, I imagine in such a situation things would become chaotic thus coming across weapons couldn't be too hard.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 7:20 pm

Some aspies will be very prepared, others won't.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 8:32 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
Let's see, Seriously what do you expect. I might as well right RIP on my shirt. I don't like your Sufferers attitude. I mean I'm sufferering from Autism as much as NT are suffering from being NT. |-|

No offence meant, I'm happy for you that you are not suffering but all I read about on this forum is how ASD impacts on peoples lives. Truth be told the only reason I wrote it that way is I'm lazy and it's less characters to type. I could of wrote "How Would People With ASD Fair In The Zombie Apocalypse" but that would taken up an extra 5 seconds of my life.

^^ Don't worry about what you said----he takes MOST threads, personally, and he's just gonna have to learn to get over himself, as we've ALL had to.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 8:37 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
@AspieUtah: Thanks, for posting that link----I scanned the first page, and bookmarked it with the hope of reading it more, in-depth, REAL soon!!

Ever since, several years ago, when I first started studying being a "green" person, I have wanted to be a prepper----never considered zombies, though! LOL I think it's a GREAT idea to think about / have food stores, bottled-water, toilet paper, ammunition, cash, medical supplies, and so-forth!

All so true! I prep primarily because I don't like waiting until my supplies are dwindled and used up before I rush out to pay top dollar for resupplies. When done with intention, prepping ends up saving families a lot of money ... regardless of the zombies in their neighborhoods. :)

Yeah, I agree!! Also, I almost ALWAYS buy in bulk, cuz the unit price is cheaper.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 10:39 pm

I'll just take the easy way out and become a zombie.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2016, 10:54 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Pieplup wrote:

I don't suffer from autism either.
Well except the meltdowns and shutdowns.
And the cognitive impairments.
And the sensory overload.
And the inability to socialize.
And the inability to look after myself.
And the inability to talk. Then again, it could be the dyspraxia that's more to blame for that. But I don't suffer from dyspraxia any more than a person with no motor skills disorder suffers from not having a motor skills disorder. Forgive me if none of this makes any sense :wink:

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 12:36 am

Ven_ wrote:

If even some of that were true, you might have something vaguely resembling a point.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 4:39 am

AJisHere wrote:
Ven_ wrote:

If even some of that were true, you might have something vaguely resembling a point.

My bad. I went with the title of the thread and didn't bother to see that this was another "NT" rant.

OdysseusNemo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Sep 2016, 5:45 am

A zombie apocalypse will favour highly organised tightly bonded groups who thrive in high stress conditions. People with health issues or who can't stay liked by a team will die. AS people are f****d

OTOH aspies might have a head start because most people will be emotionally denying the problem and engaging in feelgood groupthink panic as it happens making themselves easy targets

Anyone wanna set up the Aspie Republic with a written constitution of self-defense and supporting each other?

Just play the game

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 5:53 am

I doubt any zombies would want to eat my brains.
Even zombies have standards, I imagine.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 7:52 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Pieplup wrote:

^^ Don't worry about what you said----he takes MOST threads, personally, and he's just gonna have to learn to get over himself, as we've ALL had to.

Thanks CC , I wish I could just switch off what I worry about. Seeing as he is only 12 and the new generation of ASDers ? , ASers ? , ASD's ? , ASDA ? ( Autistic Spectrum Disorder Aficionados ) I quite like his attitude and would love him to keep it but being a pessimist and having spent close to half a century on this planet I think he might struggle.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 7:54 am

EzraS wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Pieplup wrote:

I don't suffer from autism either.
Well except the meltdowns and shutdowns.
And the cognitive impairments.
And the sensory overload.
And the inability to socialize.
And the inability to look after myself.
And the inability to talk. Then again, it could be the dyspraxia that's more to blame for that. But I don't suffer from dyspraxia any more than a person with no motor skills disorder suffers from not having a motor skills disorder. Forgive me if none of this makes any sense :wink:

You guys, Pieplup said he IS suffering.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 8:01 am

OdysseusNemo wrote:
A zombie apocalypse will favour highly organised tightly bonded groups who thrive in high stress conditions. People with health issues or who can't stay liked by a team will die. AS people are f****d

OTOH aspies might have a head start because most people will be emotionally denying the problem and engaging in feelgood groupthink panic as it happens making themselves easy targets

Anyone wanna set up the Aspie Republic with a written constitution of self-defense and supporting each other?

My theory is that AS people may fair a little better than most. I can only base my theory on film's and tv and it always seems that people seem to do fine until they trust other people or hook up up with other people.