Any Trip Hop and other related genre fans? Please Share!

Page 11 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2017, 12:50 pm

Faithless sounds great, I've been digging that style of music lately, glad to know there is some other artist I can listen to. Trip hop mixed with other electronic music genres really is something special.

I listened to a few Lovage songs on that album. Dan The Automator is pretty underrated in my opinion, his style of trip hop and hip hop is pretty unique. I like some of the Western vibes he gives off in songs.

Like "Everyone Has A Summer"

I like the chills "Archie & Veronica" give off

I like the singer on "To Catch A Thief"

Have you heard of Pillowfight? It is one of Dan's most recent projects. I think the singer from "To Catch A Thief" is Emily Wells since they both sound exactly the same. This is a great album.

Used To Think is my most favorite on it, it is very catchy. The guy and Emily singing back at each other kinda gives off some sort of retro/swing vibe.

Rain is a close second, I the base at 1:14 is my favorite part. I especially like listening to this on rainy days.

If you don't mind the language for this one than "Get Your s**t Together" is a good song to listen too if you ever feel down.

I don't know who is the guy singing but I like him, he sets a more tense/edgy setting to the song.

I like the other singers that are singing along with Emily it creates a great harmony. 0:42 shows a great example of it

Get Down is a good workout/road trip song. Dan and Emily seem to be having too much fun in this music video

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 3:04 pm

You know, even though their a rock band - going off the Mike Patton deflection - I really think you might like Faith No More if you haven't checked them out. They've always had trip hop as a component of their music, or at least with and after Angel Dust it started making a strong presence in their music. It's one of those bands I grew up on and actually a cousin who I looked up to through my childhood (RIP) was a super-fan of this group:

From their last album a couple years ago:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2017, 9:11 pm

Faith No More sounds awesome, some of their songs do give off trip hop vibes and I like Mike Patton's voice. Now that I listened to him more closely and looked up featured vocalist for the Pillowfight album he was the guy singing in the song 'Used To Think'. Any album in particular you would recommend?

I found another artist named Anthea, she only has one album which is a shame because she has such a nice voice. Her songs have some drum n bass in some them. This is another hidden gem.

'Deeper' is my most favorite out of the album

'Away 2 Always' gives off some trance vibes

'Only One' I like the nu jazz elements

'Can't Be You' gives off a nice atmosphere of dark and moody

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 9:39 pm

SnailHail wrote:
Any album in particular you would recommend?

Depends what you liked most in what I posted I guess - all of those were from Album of the Year, King For A Day, and Angeldust. I'd say the first two have more of the trip-hop content (Angeldust is older) although King For A Day is a great all-around album, Album of the Year is a mix of really good tunes and a few rather annoying ones. I suppose just skim through and see what fits. He also has Mr. Bungle (really wacky avante garde jazz) and Tomahawk.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2017, 2:00 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
SnailHail wrote:
Any album in particular you would recommend?

Depends what you liked most in what I posted I guess - all of those were from Album of the Year, King For A Day, and Angeldust. I'd say the first two have more of the trip-hop content (Angeldust is older) although King For A Day is a great all-around album, Album of the Year is a mix of really good tunes and a few rather annoying ones. I suppose just skim through and see what fits. He also has Mr. Bungle (really wacky avante garde jazz) and Tomahawk.

I guess I'll start with the first two listed albums, 'Stripsearch' and 'King For A Day' gave off some trip rock vibes I liked. Even as a rock band they are able to pull me in.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2017, 8:57 am

Dang its almost been two months since the last post on this thread, I've been feeling very lethargic lately that I haven't been doing much of anything. With this cold weather and now snowing, I'm looking for chilly trip hop songs again.

Anyway this isn't trip hop but Neosoul but it sounds very trip hopish, from Hiatus Kaiyote, I never noticed how trip hoppish the song Prince Minikid sounded. I almost thought I had one of my trip hop songs playing when I had my music player on shuffle.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 11:04 am

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Dec 2017, 4:53 pm

Nice song, will look into Faithless when I get the chance.

I was looking through anime songs and found this. It gives off some cool trip hop vibes.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 5:16 pm

An even more epic track by Faithless. This is one of those that stuck with me for years, and IMHO Max's hyper-observant altruism helped cement it as a classic.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 5:26 pm

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Mar 2018, 4:39 am

Dang its been about 2 months since the last post on here. Anyway I've been listening to some Enya and found this song that gives off some trip hop vibes. It's New Age but her voice and the overall atmosphere of the song feels like it belongs here.

These are some others I liked and think give off a little trip hop vibe

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 2:28 pm

Don't think I posted this one yet? Alia Fresco w/ John Convex aka. Kid Drama

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2018, 6:16 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Don't think I posted this one yet? Alia Fresco w/ John Convex aka. Kid Drama

Nope that hasn't been posted here before, it sounds alright I like the voice and instrumentals but the lyrics really aren't doing it for me.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2018, 6:29 am

I had a snowstorm yesterday and I spent most of the day listening to trip hop and drum n bass while watching snow fall and looking at cars drive by it was pretty relaxing even with the thunder :D

Found a new song, not sure what instruments are being used but I love the sound of whatever wind instrument was used for this.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 7:57 am

SnailHail wrote:
Nope that hasn't been posted here before, it sounds alright I like the voice and instrumentals but the lyrics really aren't doing it for me.

Yeah, I think it's one of those cases where the lyrics aren't really meant to be admirable as the whole thing's sort of peeling off in the Likke Li direction.

SnailHail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2018, 1:01 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
SnailHail wrote:

Yeah, I think it's one of those cases where the lyrics aren't really meant to be admirable as the whole thing's sort of peeling off in the Likke Li direction.

I don't know who Lykke Li is so I looked her up. Yeah not my type of music, a lot of songs sound like something made for a movie trailer which is a lot of pop music these days. Her voice can be very grating in some songs. I think this song is alright though.