Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

mauloch_baal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Sep 2016, 2:17 am

I was diagnosed with add in high school but due to various reasons never took any of the meds for it. Now I am 35 and have gotten an add dx again to get on the meds due to not being able to focus at work. Now I am on meds for add and doing much better but going on the meds has removed a layer of anger that I would use so I did not have to feel most things so in some ways getting used to the meds made it worse for a time. Through all that I have been seeing a psychologist to work through some of my other issues such as getting extremely frustrated a stores, feeling overwhelmed from too much noise, having issues with certain objects like pegs hooks and sharp corners especially when stressed. So after going over those things and some other issues she told me I am definitely on the spectrum. So I guess the extreme frustation and yelling in the middle of stores was actually a meltdown, there was one time where the direct tv guy at Sam's club (warehouse store) asked me who I had for my tv provider was again and I just blurted out some profanity (rules say no swearing so I'll spare the actual words) I was also pretty loud most people in the store heard me which I didn't care about. I haven't had a truly official dx such as going through all the tests because it doesn't seem that it would be a benefit at this point which my psych agreed on. I am high functioning and have a son and wife, my son appears to be on the spectrum as well we are currently working on getting him tested. I have also taught myself some programming and am very good with computers.

I always just thought it was add never really thought I was on the spectrum but thinking about it everything makes sense.

ChorisOnoma

25 Sep 2016, 2:57 am

Welcome Home :) <3

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 2:34 pm

Hey mauloch baal welcome. :sunny:

TheAP
Veteran