Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Sep 2016, 8:35 pm

Hello. So for the past month or two, I have to keep blinking my eyes. Like forcefully. I don't have any pleasure out of it so it's not a stim. It feels weird and is unnatural. So I'm wondering if this is a tic or if someone else has this? It's really annoying mainly, because I probably look weird blinking forcefully. And it feels weird as stated before. Would there be any reason why I'm doing this?

Dx Autism Spectrum Disorder - Level 1, learning disability - memory and fine motor skills, generalized and social anxiety disorder
Unsure if diagnosed with OCD and/or depression, but were talked about with my old/former pdoc and doctor.

Criteria for my learning disability is found at this link:
http://www.ldao.ca/wp-content/uploads/LDAO-Recommended-Practices-for-Assessment-Diagnosis-Documentation-of-LDs1.pdf

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Sep 2016, 10:58 pm

Did you change meds or dosages around the time it started :?: I did that when I was on the antipsychotic Geodon/Ziprasidone & was told it was a tic. I'm not sure if it's a tic or not for you thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

transsupernatural
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Sep 2016, 4:00 pm

Could be body obsessed OCD? I have OCD, and when I was younger I couldn't stop forcing myself to swallow.

MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Sep 2016, 10:31 pm

nick007 wrote:
Did you change meds or dosages around the time it started :?: I did that when I was on the antipsychotic Geodon/Ziprasidone & was told it was a tic. I'm not sure if it's a tic or not for you thou.

Hello. No, I have not changed my medication in about a year and this started to happen only a few months ago. I am going to go off my medication (lower the dose slowly) starting tomorrow though, so I could see if it is caused by medication change.

Dx Autism Spectrum Disorder - Level 1, learning disability - memory and fine motor skills, generalized and social anxiety disorder
Unsure if diagnosed with OCD and/or depression, but were talked about with my old/former pdoc and doctor.

http://www.ldao.ca/wp-content/uploads/LDAO-Recommended-Practices-for-Assessment-Diagnosis-Documentation-of-LDs1.pdf

MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Sep 2016, 10:33 pm

transsupernatural wrote:
Could be body obsessed OCD? I have OCD, and when I was younger I couldn't stop forcing myself to swallow.

Greetings. I am unsure. I haven't heard it presented like this before. Maybe it is. I am not obsessed with my eyes blinking though. It will randomly start happening why doing something. But I guess this also happens with my actual OCD traits too (violent intrusive thoughts). So I don't know.