Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

blakegale
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2016, 6:47 am

Hi,

I have done some research and the more I see, the more I realise schizophrenia and autism are complete opposites. Autism is early childhood, schizophrenia is early adulthood. Autism improves. Schizophrenia degressively progesses. Schizophrenia is linked to less grey matter and more right hemispherical dominance (more right brained) and autism is high grey matter and left hemispherical dominance (more left brained). Put them together and you get a complete average, put the extremes together and they clash. If you were to ever observe schizotypals/schizoids they are extremely autistic and schizophrenic for average and yet very average for autism. Even now I am not sure if this'll make sense seeing as a symptom of autism is over literalism and my intersection is metaphorical, vagueness.

Building on the above paragraph do you think it makes sense to join it into a spectrum, many schizotypals/schizoids agree because to them/us it is like a second eurika moment. I don't like the idea of neural diversity and no more explanation because I don't want some totally different to me being labeled the same.

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2016, 5:43 am

"Autism improves." Says who? Mine certainly hasn't and I'm sure that you can find plenty of accounts on his forum from people whose autism has worsened with age.

Schitzophrenia isn't part of the Autistic Spectrum, it isn't a type of autism and as far as I'm aware nobody is currently suggested that it is.

Somewhere completely different:

Autism Social Forum

I am no longer active on this forum, I've quit.

blakegale
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Oct 2016, 10:45 pm

I remember hearing that and you're looking at it wrong, I said a new spectrum. When autism and schizophrenia coexists it makes weird almost unhomogeneous mixture of confusing symptoms, they are called schizotypal and schizoid, sometimes paranoid. Opposing disorders that when mixed almost cancel eachother out

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Oct 2016, 8:51 am

blakegale wrote:
I remember hearing that and you're looking at it wrong, I said a new spectrum. When autism and schizophrenia coexists it makes weird almost unhomogeneous mixture of confusing symptoms, they are called schizotypal and schizoid, sometimes paranoid. Opposing disorders that when mixed almost cancel eachother out

Actually you said "Need for a rewritten spectrum." By definition a rewrite must be of an existing text (or in this case spectrum), if it's a new one it isn't a rewrite.

Autism Social Forum

blakegale
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Oct 2016, 8:48 pm

Yeah? This spectrum is autism, when you rewrite something there are multiple components, e.g., the name? The category? Etc.Etc. It would be a mergence, there also another thing:

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct= ... KDI3p96kyw

at the very middle would be this ^, it is a still a neurological disorder with the added benefit of psychosis at random intervals due to stress with autistic meltdowns.

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2016, 7:16 am

And your point is what? Schizotypal Autism is described in your linked article as being "like autism" but it isn't autism, therefore it does not belong, nor is it placed, on the autistic spectrum.

Autism Social Forum