Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ShadowProphet
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jan 2017, 7:53 pm

lol who walks up to a random girl and asks do you want to have sex. Maybe it was a part of a social experiment.

There's actually a social experiment on Youtube released back in 2013 where a man asks 100 random women, hey do you want to have sex with me? Of course all of them said no. One girl even splashed her drink on the guys face. *Boom! Headshot!*

And then they had a hot girl ask random guys for sex, half of them said yes.

Lockheart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2017, 3:31 am

I swear to God some guy started masturbating behind me on a train once, however I wasn't about to turn around and confirm it. After a couple of moments of feeling terrified and awkward, I got up and moved. To a different carriage. I felt so violated, even though I was never touched.

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2017, 10:40 am

A fat neckbeard touched my ass once. I didn't realize how fearless I was until I stared him down long enough for everyone on the bus to notice what was going on. I was standing up and armed with a skateboard.

MsV
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jan 2017, 10:42 am

Barchan wrote:
I haven't had to deal with too much in the way of sexual harassment.

I do notice people making the sign of the cross when I sit next to them on the bus, though.

Huh? Why would they do that?

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2017, 5:50 pm

MsV wrote:
Barchan wrote:

I do notice people making the sign of the cross when I sit next to them on the bus, though.

She must be a goth lol. Grannies always give me a look of pity when handing me a Salvation pamphlet.

MsV
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jan 2017, 6:13 pm

Onyxaxe wrote:
MsV wrote:
Barchan wrote:

She must be a goth lol. Grannies always give me a look of pity when handing me a Salvation pamphlet.

Tbh grannies can be quite creepy too. Or just plain rude. I yelled at a few on public transport for speaking rudely about "brown people" (not my words) - clearly referencing a group of polite young girls in headscarves (one pointed, the rest kept staring). They kept it up for about 10 minutes and then I lost it. Apoligized to the girls for their behavior before telling the grannies that the only people who should be appalled and didn't fit in where the ones acting like ignorant and intolerant bullies (them). They shut up after that.
Maybe not creepy in the traditional sense but still... made my skin crawl.

Onyxaxe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2017, 10:55 am

MsV wrote:
Onyxaxe wrote:
MsV wrote:
Barchan wrote:

Tbh grannies can be quite creepy too. Or just plain rude. I yelled at a few on public transport for speaking rudely about "brown people" (not my words) - clearly referencing a group of polite young girls in headscarves (one pointed, the rest kept staring). They kept it up for about 10 minutes and then I lost it. Apoligized to the girls for their behavior before telling the grannies that the only people who should be appalled and didn't fit in where the ones acting like ignorant and intolerant bullies (them). They shut up after that.

Creepy is a suitable word. Hateful cliques can be as dangerous if not moreso than actual creepers.

MsV
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jan 2017, 7:56 am

Onyxaxe wrote:
MsV wrote:
Onyxaxe wrote:
MsV wrote:
Barchan wrote:

Creepy is a suitable word. Hateful cliques can be as dangerous if not moreso than actual creepers.

So true. It's that pack mentality...

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2017, 8:51 am

ShadowProphet wrote:
lol who walks up to a random girl and asks do you want to have sex. Maybe it was a part of a social experiment.

This s**t happens on a daily basis to some girls I am very close friends with.
Even walking down a street to go shopping. I don't know where you're from but living in northern England is like catcall central if you're somewhat attractive.

mebradhen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jan 2017, 9:11 am

I honestly find it discussing, stupid and down right ridiculous.

I'm a male but all of the people I sit with at lunch are 11 females and 2 other males. Why becouse where the interesting students. We never do stupid s**t.

Funny enough I prefer to be around females more the other men. Why? Becouse not for stupid sex addict reason. But because when ever I'm in a group of males it's like.

"Your datting her mate! Sick, when you getting layed!! !!"

I appreciate people for there personalitys not body's.

i've never know anyone like me ,so friendly PM's are always welcome :).

HouseOfMadpeak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2017, 6:36 pm

BombChel534 wrote:
Yeah, I always wear headphones but sadly it's not foolproof for keeping... fools away. Just this morning this guy was waving his arms around just to get my attention to tell me good morning. Men simply do not do this to other men. It's so frustrating

That's the worst. Waving, or trying to talk really loud "Hey!" I even had it happen twice where guys pulled my earphone out of my ear.

It doesn't stop the entitlement these guys feel for getting attention from women.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Feb 2017, 3:32 pm

Barchan wrote:
BombChel534 wrote:
From what I can tell it's rooted in male privilege, that these men feel entitled to the attention of women and will do whatever they deem necessary to get it; from honking or yelling out the window while driving by, whistling or shouting or just simply speaking lewd comments as women walk by, to straight up approaching women and making them give their attention fully.

You're right, that's exactly what it is. It's a show of dominance, and exercising their "right" (i.e., privilege) to always have their opinions be heard, even if their opinions are ugly and crude.

I just remembered that a few weeks ago, some random guy at a restaurant told me to smile. It's the same principles at work here; while not blatantly sexual, there's still a clear gender dynamic to the behavior. I never hear men do this to other men, for example.

Male here. Sorry but I just have to correct your biased illogic.
Yes the man who requested sex was creepy, he does not understand that to get to sex there is a whole process of romancing, making a woman feel comfortable & impressing.
The "fine" guy, his pickup style was cringy and crude.
A lot of male mating behaviour - whistling, cat calls, even approaching women directly and confidently is about displaying themselves to the woman. "I'm here I'm male, what do you think, interested?"
The same way a peacock will approach a hen, showing off his plumage.
There is no "Privilege" going through his mind.
There are many stupid males that use crass or cringy techniques, maybe these have worked with women who's standards are lower in the past. And so they have not learned to refine their techniques.
If they did not have a good upbringing which demonstrated acceptable techniques for approaching people & starting conversations this can also be a factor.
And to say that only men talk crudely about women is a farce. Women do that same about men.

MsV
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Feb 2017, 9:02 am

AngryAngryAngry wrote:
Barchan wrote:
BombChel534 wrote:
From what I can tell it's rooted in male privilege, that these men feel entitled to the attention of women and will do whatever they deem necessary to get it; from honking or yelling out the window while driving by, whistling or shouting or just simply speaking lewd comments as women walk by, to straight up approaching women and making them give their attention fully.

You're right, that's exactly what it is. It's a show of dominance, and exercising their "right" (i.e., privilege) to always have their opinions be heard, even if their opinions are ugly and crude.

I just remembered that a few weeks ago, some random guy at a restaurant told me to smile. It's the same principles at work here; while not blatantly sexual, there's still a clear gender dynamic to the behavior. I never hear men do this to other men, for example.

Male here. Sorry but I just have to correct your biased illogic.
Yes the man who requested sex was creepy, he does not understand that to get to sex there is a whole process of romancing, making a woman feel comfortable & impressing.
The "fine" guy, his pickup style was cringy and crude.
A lot of male mating behaviour - whistling, cat calls, even approaching women directly and confidently is about displaying themselves to the woman. "I'm here I'm male, what do you think, interested?"
The same way a peacock will approach a hen, showing off his plumage.
There is no "Privilege" going through his mind.
There are many stupid males that use crass or cringy techniques, maybe these have worked with women who's standards are lower in the past. And so they have not learned to refine their techniques.
If they did not have a good upbringing which demonstrated acceptable techniques for approaching people & starting conversations this can also be a factor.
And to say that only men talk crudely about women is a farce. Women do that same about men.

Actually I think they did a social experiment where a woman did what you call peacocking to men and the men were either really shocked or responded angrily. Also a guy isn't going to demand attention (in order to form a relationship as a friend or whatnot) from another man in my experience. So why is it OK to demand attention and consideration from a female stranger? Usually the only way to get them to back off is saying you're 'spoken for' by another man. How is that not entitlement?
Not everyone wants the kind of attention you describe, even the so called more refined techniques. Maybe this nuance should be included in your evaluation of the described circumstances.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2017, 6:28 pm

It is confidence not entitlement.
If men stopped approaching women, women would complain that all the men are lame ducks - there are some valid claims of this today.
Men have different phychology. They pursue agressively, women often test them (play hard to get), it can be difficult to determine sometimes if she is rejecting or playing hard to get (especially for simple minded men that have trouble reading tone body language and the subtler gestures women use).
Even looking back towards him to make sure he has gone or not following may be read as "keep trying, I'm actually intrigued").
Women are much more subtle with their communication, sometimes saying no in a frightened voice can be interprered as "she's shy" and not used to getting attention from a man. Women can be very passive with their communication.
I've had random guys say silly comments to me in the street (no sexual intent), they're just being jokey. I probably do it a bit too.
Your best bet is to respond to building site workers with a jokey reply that is a slight insult, to embarass them in front of their mates. Keep it light and you might find out that they are hillarious people (perhaps they are not your type or too old etc). Something along the lines of "do you often snatch cradles!" But be prepared to get a fast reply also. You can research humourous retorts for general situations. Disregarding any true crude comments - complain to the police if anything is serious enough to warrant it. And be wary of some people that can take a jibe too personally. Also be careful if it is your regular walking route, are they skilled trades men, or lowly hammerhands?
Here is an example of some jokey banter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlA_hL3NyyU&app=desktop
(Not builders I know, but its a reply that you could use.)
Of course there are many creepy men that dont take no for an answer, and have no clue at all.
What you are complaining about are idiot men, possibly high or drunk men, or socially stunted.
If they seem reasonable, perhaps you could help them by giving them some advice:
That is not a good technique or recommend researching pick up artist techniques (I know there are a lot of cringy pick up artist techniques too).
I've been hollered at by women from across the road. Touched, had crude things said to me by women who are married and I considered of at least average intelligence.
I've had a creeper say sexually explicit things to me in a library. Some random dude put his arm around me in the street (I yelled "F*** OFF MOLESTERER!")
I've even been grabbed by a transperson when walking past a nightclub.
I'm a hetero male by the way.

MsV
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Feb 2017, 10:08 am

Ok point taken, but still, when some random guy sitting next to me on a plane rips out one of my ear buds to ask about the book I'm reading, no matter how hot he is, I'm not going to be a happy panda.
Good advice though :) thanks for actually going into detail about the way the male psyche works.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2017, 8:15 am

I would agree with you, MsV.

I wouldn't respond to some guy who took your headphones off. That's total nonsense.

I feel most of these "social experiments" are nonsense, frankly. They don't reflect real life.