Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

torch_
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2016, 5:11 pm

Unless I'm under 21, or a middle aged trans woman, there's nothing going on. I have searched high and low.

I'm a pansexual trans guy, and there's nowhere accepting of that that I can be open about that and find other similar people where I live.

I went to one LGBT meetup in my area that was off meetup.com and it was terrible. It was just gay and lesbian people who were really intrusive about my transition, and then were just seeing me as a lesbian/butch/tomboy and stuff. They were even being horrible about the bisexual woman sat at the end of the table.

I never went again, but there's no queer communities going on in my area, it sucks. I'm so alone.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 3:30 am

Well, if it's any consolation I lived in one of the supposedly most queer-friendly / queer populace cities in the world for a year, and was part of many queer groups and events. None of which were any good or really led to anything I couldn't have found out on my own. Just "support group" style stuff where the same topics were raised over and over - hormones, paperwork, surgeries, etc. Other groups I went to were just hook-ups for old gay dudes looking for sex.
My point is you may not be missing much. I think many queer people have this ideal that there's some wonderful all-inclusive queer community out there that will embrace them for everything they are, and in my experience, that hasn't been the case. Transfolk are capable of being just as awful as anyone else.
Weirdly, the best advice I've got on transition, any help I've got or inspiration I've found has either been online, or through organizations designed to assist trans or otherwise queer people. Contacting any organizations near you may be of more insight than a group style, or play the hit and miss game online.