Women, are you attracted to muscular guys?

Page 1 of 13 [ 193 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Which of these body types are you most attracted to?
Very lean 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Somewhat lean 31%  31%  [ 10 ]
Intermediate 41%  41%  [ 13 ]
Somewhat muscular 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
Very muscular 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 32

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 4:59 am

I'm curious to see if more women are attracted to buff guys or skinny guys.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 5:17 am

This'll be interesting.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 6:08 am

Why on Earth would they prefer a less muscular guy, all else being equal?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

mended
Raven
Raven

16 Oct 2016, 6:11 am

Men with muscles look like they'd be aggressive. So no that's not attractive. I always thought that men who were into building muscle were trying to attract other men.

A Healthy look is attractive to me. Slim but not skinny. I do have a thing for muscular waists though. That might just be me.

I know that many young women fancy the "dad bod" - which I guess refers to a slightly cuddly and non threatening frame. Think Colin Firth.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 6:14 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08 ... r-fathers/

Quote:
Millennial men are significantly weaker than their fathers, according to a study in the United States.

The research, published in the Journal of Hand Therapy, found that the hands and arms of men aged from 20 to 34 were less strong than those of men measured 30 years ago.

The data is of interest because researchers have found grip strength to be a strong predictor of overall muscular strength and health.

Whether or not women want a muscular guy, young 'men' today are getting weaker, and I've definitely observed this as anecdotally so many young 'men' today I see have the bodies of 16 year olds even at age 20.

It's a little sad that all it takes is 2 years of casual weightlifting and dieting and I've already 'filled-out' and have a stronger and bulkier body than some 20 year olds.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 6:24 am

Outrider wrote:
Quote:
Millennial men are significantly weaker than their fathers, according to a study in the United States.
Whether or not women want a muscular guy, young 'men' today are getting weaker, and I've definitely observed this as anecdotally so many young 'men' today I see have the bodies of 16 year olds even at age 20.
It may be that a lot of young women like men to be that way. The question is, why?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 6:35 am

Or maybe we've had, on average, a softer life than our fathers and are thus spoiled. There probably was a greater chance to be culled some way or other if you were too weak at their time. Also, few of them remained financially dependent on their parents so long. At seventeen, working out was definitely not an option for me, since my parents would have considered it a waste of time and money, and I can't blame them. Besides, trying to impress girls wasn't an acceptable reason for doing it, since I wasn't supposed to date.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 6:38 am

Personally, I don't like muscle. I'm unusual, though. I prefer smooth skin, and a bit of weight as opposed to skinny.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 6:45 am

Because Feminism. At least, that's just a pattern I've noticed.

A very small minority of Feminist young girls and women my age I've met tend to want an effeminate, pushover skinny male who is also a male Feminist who they can dominate and the women 'wear the pants' in this relationship.

They are also the ones I see state they 'hate muscles' the most.

I can definitely see why the study had shown the strength differences between men and women are actually SHRINKING.

The young skinny guys I see walking around in relationships tend to be only the tiniest bit larger and stronger looking.

Meanwhile I outsize even the guys so you can imagine how much bulkier I'd be than the girl.

I'm not ripped or anything though, just built. Probably Intermediate by your description.

This is a bit of a hot topic for me because as you may have already guessed, despite my size I've gotten no positive attention for it aside from a single compliment from memory about my leg strength.

Yeah, I'm insecure, yeah, I'm jealous, so what.

If you have a good look on the bodybuilding.com forums, there's a lot of muscular guys on there who also whine and complain getting a strong body didn't do anything for them dating-wise and they still see all the women going around with skinny guys.

Hell, plenty of guys there even identify as Forever Alone. Guys with bodies I could only ever dream of achieving.

It's been in my experiences many young girls and women want a guy who's slightly muscular and lean, but still skinny.

This is known as Ottermode or 'Toned' on this chart:

If I lost body fat I'd already by 'Toned', but I'd much rather be closer to the 'Fit' body.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 6:46 am

Spiderpig wrote:
Or maybe we've had, on average, a softer life than our fathers and are thus spoiled. There probably was a greater chance to be culled some way or other if you were too weak at their time. Also, few of them remained financially dependent on their parents so long. At seventeen, working out was definitely not an option for me, since my parents would have considered it a waste of time and money, and I can't blame them. Besides, trying to impress girls wasn't an acceptable reason for doing it, since I wasn't supposed to date.

Reasons we are weaker today are the experts of the study suggested because we are less likely to do labor work.

I think that's part of the reason, but another part would be we are also way less active physically, what with rising obesity rates and such.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 6:56 am

Outrider wrote:
Because Feminism. At least, that's just a pattern I've noticed.

A very small minority of Feminist young girls and women my age I've met tend to want an effeminate, pushover skinny male who is also a male Feminist who they can dominate and the women 'wear the pants' in this relationship.

They are also the ones I see state they 'hate muscles' the most.

I can definitely see why the study had shown the strength differences between men and women are actually SHRINKING.

The young skinny guys I see walking around in relationships tend to be only the tiniest bit larger and stronger looking.

Meanwhile I outsize even the guys so you can imagine how much bulkier I'd be than the girl.

I'm not ripped or anything though, just built. Probably Intermediate by your description.

This is a bit of a hot topic for me because as you may have already guessed, despite my size I've gotten no positive attention for it aside from a single compliment from memory about my leg strength.

Yeah, I'm insecure, yeah, I'm jealous, so what.

If you have a good look on the bodybuilding.com forums, there's a lot of muscular guys on there who also whine and complain getting a strong body didn't do anything for them dating-wise and they still see all the women going around with skinny guys.

Hell, plenty of guys there even identify as Forever Alone. Guys with bodies I could only ever dream of achieving.

It's been in my experiences many young girls and women want a guy who's slightly muscular and lean, but still skinny.

If I lost body fat I'd already by 'Toned', but I'd much rather be closer to the 'Fit' body.

Was it you I said had a lot of wisdom for your age? I take it all back. :lol:

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 7:02 am

It's just a pattern I've observed. All the girls I've met who identified as feminists coincidentally ended up dating a skinny guy with an effeminate personality.

When I say effeminate I'm being genuine. I'm saying they looked and acted stereotypically 'gay', but of course just because a male is feminine does not mean he is gay. They had pretty boy faces and personalities. Think Justin Bieber types.

Yeah, that's just how I get when I'm jealous.

Insecure.

My self-esteem relies greatly on the approval of others.

I don't believe self-esteem comes purely from within for most people, I believe external validation is also required.

Even when I was happy and confident in myself, I had never recieved any positive attention or external validation.

Worst of all, it feels like working hard to 'improve myself' doesn't fit the standards of what society considers positives anymore.

I'm saying by being happier with who I am, I feel a little worse off because I only become more unconventional and thus receive less validation.

Do keep in mind I am still 17 so of course some aspects of adolescence will pass over into my personality.

I believe most young people deep down very strongly care about fitting-in and recieving positive social attention and reinforcement, and I don't get that enough.

I know a lot of 'alternative' types who are proud of being different and flaunt it and 'don't care what others think'.

I am not one of those types, because if it were it severely limits my chances for social success regarding friendships and relationships, because a far smaller pool of people will be willing to be friends with you and accept you for who and what you are.

I barely meet anyone my age as it is, may as well try to be as conventional as possible. Coincidentally my personality is very conventional so I thought that would buy me some brownie points, but nope.

You try spending two years gaining muscle only for guys half your size to have twice as many successful and loving relationships.

It sucks, but life is unfair.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 7:37 am

Your pool of potential friends would, inevitably, increase once you go out there in the world.

Maybe you should do an Aboriginal-type trek into the Outback. I'm half-serious about this.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 7:54 am

Don't ask such questions; you won't get answers.

Observe instead.

At the beach, I was subtly watching what makes girls' heads turn - and it's a six-packed guy everytime.

It was extremely obvious - women even tend to be even less subtle while they're starting at some guy (probably because they don't get scorned if they do so) and you can literally see their heads turning fixated at the target.

From what I've observed many times, no other body type makes their heads turn except the toned and six packed type.
All other types passed as if they're invisibles.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 8:23 am

It's true within a beach context, not so true within other venues.

torch_
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2016, 8:53 am

Outrider wrote:

I have never seen a more dumb body chart picture than this.