Done Wasting Time I Quit Dating

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2016, 10:03 pm

This was a bad week, full of attempts at connecting with people, of trying to build links and trying to date and trying to find SOMEONE, and nothing. I had several Tinder matches, yet none would respond to my messages. No luck on OKC. There was one woman with whom I had gone out with a couple of times, but she NEVER would never communicate with me, I was always messaging or calling her. She started making excuses why she couldn't hang out, and finally I sent her a message saying I was done wasting time on her, and she is going to have a lonely life.

I deleted my OKC, my twitter, and removed all their contacts from my phone, blocked them and deleted their messages from my phone. They're unpeople to me now.

I officially quit dating. I quit looking for love. I quit wasting time on people who aren't worth it. I hereby dedicate my life to work and achieving a lasting, postiive impact on the world through good, creative works. I will write, paint, continue to make my films. I will leave a legacy when all those silly stupid people to whom I offered my love are old and fat and have nothing to show for their lives but a house full of useless items and banal husband and a couple of shrill shrieking bloodsucking children.

I pledge my life to my art, and will here after NEVER waste a minute or a dollar on any other person for the sake of love. If someone wants to date me, THEY will have to ask, and THEY will have to make the effort, because I just don't care.

No more time wasted on worthless endeavors. No time wasted to phantom love, and ungrateful selfish greedy people.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 2:05 am

I'm happy for you.

Personally I'm not gonna go down without a fight, and will spend at least until my early 30s making a strong effort to date and find love myself.

Once I reach my early 30s though if I still find myself chronically single, I'm going to dedicate my life to my fitness and my music.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 2:42 am

I ended up marrying myself :alien:

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 4:14 am

It is tragic when things have to end this way.

I wouldn't entirely give up OP, maybe take a break and come back when you're 35 or something, but the reality is there is not someone for everyone and some people really do end up Forever Alone.

The term 'Forever alone' is not something to mock or make light of.

Statistically there is a small minority of people in this world guaranteed to never have relationship, for a variety of reasons including a gender imbalance in their country which means even if EVERY heterosexual man and woman were to be paired up, there will still be some people of the more abundant gender who have no one to be paired with.

There can also be several other factors that contribute.

I wish I could find it but there isn a statistics somewhere saying 0.1% of people are guaranteed to be forever alone and the number is actually a few million if talking about the global population.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 4:19 am

it would be nice if we could somehow pair up with each other here.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 5:39 am

That might not be a bad idea, Brian.

Do your creative things. Who knows? Maybe some girl will come up to you. Because you don't seem desperate.

I sort of "quit" trying to get dates in my mid-20's. It's worked very well.

It does happen, man. I ain't no Pollyanna type.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 5:56 am

Online dating is a waste of time for most men anyway.

This isn't a bad move, sometimes it is logical to give up on something that is simply not working.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 5:57 am

auntblabby wrote:

Congratulations!
May you and yourself be together always :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 5:58 am

there is a lot more time available in ever shrinking days when one doesn't have to please a mate or avoid offending a mate.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 5:59 am

Raleigh wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Congratulations!
May you and yourself be together always :heart:

did you see my wedding suit?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 6:03 am

^ Did the suit suit the occasion?

Just don't get divorced.
It could get messy.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 6:07 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Online dating is a waste of time for most men anyway.

This isn't a bad move, sometimes it is logical to give up on something that is simply not working.

As much as I hate the quote, the definition of 'insanity' is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Yeah Auntblabby, all this extended time alone is making me see the benefits of being a hermit and not having to deal with other people but living life on one's own terms.

That's the last resort though, I see it as giving up or taking a break but whoever said it has to be a bad thing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 6:29 am

Raleigh wrote:
^ Did the suit suit the occasion? Just don't get divorced. It could get messy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 6:30 am

to put it another way, a relevant quote from the movie "war games" - "sometimes, the only winning move is not to play."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 9:48 am

I know there's a side to you, AuntBlabby, that really likes to play.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 10:54 am

Most dating sites are literally
sausage fests

and their owners either hide or lie about the sex ratio, or add fake female profiles to balance it - for marketing.

I remember well that the old old version of Okc had a widget showig the total counts worldwide of "online now" per gender - why do you think they got this one removed? Because it was a showing an increasing gap - it was bad for the business.

Nothing gets removed by coincidence and without a business reason on such popular sites.

Okc board member: Guys, this widget is showing that we have far fewer female activity, this is discouraging men to pay premiums.
Okc board member 2: Let's vote for removing it.