"He pushed me up against the wall, had his hands all over"

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2016, 9:26 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Trump is guilty of hearsay nonsense(hmmmm, really odd they wait till now to report these oh so traumatic events) and a potty mouth, it does not compare to the crimes perpetrated by Bill and Hillary Clinton. If the DNC is willing to pay mentally ill homeless people to start fights with Trump supporters in line at their rallies then why wouldn't they pay these women to lie which they clearly are.

Here's a better quote, "put some ice on it"

that's what Bill told Juanita Broaderick after he raped her

"Trump is guilty of hearsay nonsense" - unsubstantiated opinion, not fact
"oh so traumatic events" -- minimization
"potty mouth" - minimization
"it does not compare to..." - minimization and bias
"why wouldn't they pay these women to lie which they clearly are " - bias
"here's a better quote...." bias - if you believe Juanita Broaderick's accusations, you should at least consider that the accusations against Trump may be valid. It doesn't seem like you have seriously considered that possibility.

I know you have your reasons for not believing but I think you are on the wrong side of this issue. There is more evidence against Trump than there is against the Clintons. Most likely they are both guilty.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2016, 9:38 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
Many women certainly won't give a s**t as long as they're not personally the victims.

As evidenced by the way they're turning out to vote for Trump, is seems like as many as 15% of women enable sexual assault.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2016, 9:45 pm

heavenlyabyss wrote:
I know you have your reasons for not believing but I think you are on the wrong side of this issue. There is more evidence against Trump than there is against the Clintons. Most likely they are both guilty.

Both most likely are. And it should be considered, and acted upon if verified by facts and not hearsay or interpretation.

I think Americans should be more concerned about political corruption. Under corruption any number of crimes can occur under immunity. Unfortunately for many all they can process as being relevant is sex scandals. The implications of the literally thousands of Podesta emails and their content, as well as Trump's sometimes unorthodox methods of business and persuasion hold much graver consequence than who said what or the recent allegations.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 2:10 am

Part of the problem is that these complex issues are difficult to understand for a layperson like myself. It's difficult to determine what is fact and what is fiction. What is corruption and what is just plain old politics.

Sure I could wade through hundreds of documents on wikileaks, but first off I don't have the time to do so and second of all, I would have a difficult time understanding all of it. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in expressing this sentiment.

Sex scandals are easy to understand on the other hand.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 6:18 am

As horrid as they are sex scandals are limited to the victim and the perpetrator.
Corruption in politics affects everyone in the long run. Sometimes the whole nation.
When all the politics is corrupt as the emails would imply, its easy for people to view almost every action as plain politics.

With it now out in the open, it is a true test of the character of the nation. If they are ok with it and kneel to their masters and continue to eat from the hand, then in my view the constitution might as well be torn up and the freedoms and liberties people make sound bytes of are but fanciful statements.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 6:18 pm

Trump University defrauded thousands too... unless, of course, what you want is to 'eat' the 'steaks', which I heard aren't actually steaks...

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 6:35 pm

TheSpectrum wrote: As horrid as they are sex scandals are limited to the victim and the perpetrator.

I disagree. Many people are triggered by new reports, particularly if they have been victimised themselves and have experienced various forms of assault, invalidation by abusers, PTSD, or have family members who have been victimised. Rape culture is an octopus with many tentacles, and those tentacles are far reaching in their impact. Horrid, yes; limited to victim and perpetrator, no. I was fostered into the 'care' of a woman who never reported sexual offences against her to anyone but me (much later), it greatly hampered her adult capacity to parent (or live well) as she was frozen at the age of victimisation and was effectively an angry unhealed child for the whole of her life. Everyone around her was negatively affected too. Tentacles and their limiting effects on victims and others are vast and diverse.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 6:57 pm

It's nothing compared to what Hillary did to me on a trip to mars 50 something years ago when I was drunk. She powerbombed me through 5 feet of concrete. But don't look for evidence just believe me because invalidating me is rape culture.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 7:00 pm

Sexual assault is a public health issue. You either get that, or you don't.

Recidivism in sexual offenders is another factor. Sexual offenders tend to keep on offending until they are stopped. This includes gropers, like this egregrious example:
http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly ... 20,00.html

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 7:13 pm

Trump in his own words to Billy Bush admitted that he can't keep his hands off "beautiful" women. So it's not surprising that all of these accusers have come forward. Some possibly in a hope to cash in, but some more well documented as cases of assault.
What surprises me is some of the comments I have heard people make on the news saying that they don't care. I think this is evidence that so-called "alphas" are often given a pass for behaviour that would garner criticism for others.