Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:13 pm

He attacks others gender or ethinicity instead of what they say. This has caused him to lag behind in polls, big time.
Last night during the debate, instead of telling HRC he didn't like what she said, he, instead , called her a nasty woman. This has really harmed him and keeps voters away.

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 20 Oct 2016, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:19 pm

Oh yeah, but good luck to anyone trying to communicate that to him... I bet at his deathbed he blames his condition on nearby people, after which everyone disappears and the as*hole finally ends alone, because no one can possibly afford him any charity time, not unless he pays criers or something, but then he never pays his contractual employees so he'll probably feel better just holding onto his wallet as he draws the last breath.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:21 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
He attacks others gender or ethic it instead of what they say. This has caused him to lag behind in polls, big time.
Last night during the debate, instead of telling HRC he didn't like what she said, he, instead , called her a nasty woman. This has really harmed him and keeps voters away.

I don't agree that this is his greatest campaign mistake.

Donald Trump's greatest mistake is that he is only appealing to his narrow voter base; he hasn't made any sincere effort to reach out to other voter segments throughout his campaign...

This narrow (and shrinking) voter appeal is the Achilles heel of the entire Republican party at this time, but Trump has taken this weakness to almost unimaginable extremes...

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:22 pm

Really? What if Hillary called him a bad man?

I think I'm going to come back here in 3 weeks.
See how things are then.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:26 pm

What's her got to do with this? Anyone can easily decide for themselves if they look at his 'Mein' Twitter 'Kampf'...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Oct 2016, 3:27 pm

Trump has been called every name in the book, "nasty woman" is nothing.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:29 pm

Mootoo wrote:
What's her got to do with this? Anyone can easily decide for themselves if they look at his 'Mein' Twitter 'Kampf'...

You're seriously saying he fails if he refers to her by her identity, when you're wrapped up in identity politics, yet fail to answer if it would be acceptable if she did it back. It's such a basic question even a kid could answer it. Why are adults struggling?

And what Jacoby said. The idea that Trump should be called out for ad hominem is preposterous because it is the very thing that has pushed almost all his primary opponents and Hillary's campaign against his, overriding policy almost at every turn.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:34 pm

What did she do back? I don't think there were attacks on his very gender (which, for all the hilarious 'masculine' blogs, isn't actually the form an idealized male would take... really) - the only thing anyone ever said about him is what he elicited from his speeches and tweets. It shouldn't override policy, but then he never cared for that.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:49 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
Really? What if Hillary called him a bad man?

I think I'm going to come back here in 3 weeks.
See how things are then.

HRC did call him Putin 's Puppet but so did I weeks ago. Still that's not calling him a nasty man and picking on him for being male. It is sinking to a lower level. It's so easy to do but likely alienates potential supporters, no?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:53 pm

His biggest campaign mistake is his campaign. Jeb was the best GOP candidate.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Oct 2016, 4:04 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
His biggest campaign mistake is his campaign. Jeb was the best GOP candidate.

I think you might be the only person in Texas that thinks that, not even Jeb's mother supported him! Man I miss the primaries, the Jeb memes were the best. Godspeed Guac Man!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 4:25 pm

What I wish from Trump is for him to be totally honest. Why are you running for the highest position in government when you have zero political experience, I'd ask him. I mean, come on, even President Reagan was governor of California for a while before being elected!

And something like this is what Trump could say,

It's true I haven't any political experience. I am a businessman like my father. I grew up with money and it did make some things easier. What I am interested in is what I have to pay in federal taxes. I have been audited every year for quite some time. I would like to change a lot of things so wealthy people like me can keep more of our money.

Voters can evaluate that then decide if they agree or disagree and it can be that simple. If you agree, you have the right to vote for him. If you don't, vote for someone else. There's no shame in disagreeing with him, or agreeing. It depends on many factors in your life not just on how much money you have. So why not be honest about it? Can't alienate any more than already.

What I would like to ask voters is, what if you needed some sort of life saving medical treatment and this doctor appears. You ask, say Doc, what kind of medical experience do you have and he tells you none. He started yesterday and they hired him off the street. Before that he was running a real estate office but now you trust him with this life saving procedure, that he will know how to save your life. He will magically know what to do, so you can trust him, right?
Same goes with lawyers. You've been charged with a felony crime with your liberty at stake when you know they nabbed the wrong person. They send you a lawyer who never went to law school, never stepped foot in a courtroom. He's been successful running a business with a few scrapes here and there but he never studied law. Suddenly he's a lawyer and it is he who will help decide your fate for years to come. Would you put your trust in such a person only because he knows exactly what you want to hear, or would you rather have someone who graduated law school, has passed the bar, and has a few years experience trying cases and at least won a couple?

POTUS is just as important, if not more, than either of these professions yet so many are willing to elect a fast talking businessman who has never proven in any way he can handle being a politician. It is kinda scary.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 4:36 pm

I've seen this same mistake made where I live. An outsider with a Messiah Complex steps up, claims they are going to solve every problem, naively believes they are the only one who can possibly change things and make everything perfect, only to make huge mistakes after elected by an all too trusting public. Either that, or they get nothing done, do nothing but whine and complain while in office and collect a paycheck.

But, there's a faction of the public who are so irrational they believe the myth about Superman and apply it to reality only to become disillusioned when they realize reality isn't what they believe and their candidate does not possess superhuman abilities to fix every problem nor is he going to be their puppet.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 8:44 pm

The thing with this to me is that it's HRC who makes an issue of being a woman. It seems like a big part of voting for her is so that she can become the first woman President. "Nasty person" would have been more PC. But obviously the Donald isn't into PC.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 10:37 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
He attacks others gender or ethinicity instead of what they say. This has caused him to lag behind in polls, big time.

His biggest mistake so far was to bring Bill's accusers to the second debate. I think most people can see past the hypocrisy. It was a foolish, arrogant line to take IMO. I thought Trump had a decent chance up until the accusations against him surfaced (even the video alone wasn't damming). It's conceivable that these accusers might not have come forwarded if he wasn't such an infuriating hypocrite and liar.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 10:52 pm

The Donald's greatest mistake: