Page 5 of 14 [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 4:31 pm

wilburforce wrote:
If you don't want to be a feminist, be a meninist instead, like this charming fellow! :lol:

http://thetab.com/uk/2016/10/20/spoke-a ... dder-23156

Yes, I realise he is most likely a troll--I just can't believe anyone is truly THAT ignorant, even at that young age--but he is just as representative of dudes in the men's rights movement as what most people here seem to think feminists are (which is, not truly representative at all but a ridiculous hyperbolic parody that gets attention because of the hyperbole.)

(BTW guys: our urethra--where urine comes out--really is separate from our vagina--where period blood comes out. Check out this diagram if you don't believe me: External Female Reproductive Anatomy (NSFW) That's right--there are separate holes for urine and for period blood/penises/babies! :lol: )

Oh my god this guy had been all over our papers here in england. I actually feel a bit sorry for him, how can he be such an idiot :roll:

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 4:50 pm

Alliekit wrote:
wilburforce wrote:
If you don't want to be a feminist, be a meninist instead, like this charming fellow! :lol:

http://thetab.com/uk/2016/10/20/spoke-a ... dder-23156

Yes, I realise he is most likely a troll--I just can't believe anyone is truly THAT ignorant, even at that young age--but he is just as representative of dudes in the men's rights movement as what most people here seem to think feminists are (which is, not truly representative at all but a ridiculous hyperbolic parody that gets attention because of the hyperbole.)

(BTW guys: our urethra--where urine comes out--really is separate from our vagina--where period blood comes out. Check out this diagram if you don't believe me: External Female Reproductive Anatomy (NSFW) That's right--there are separate holes for urine and for period blood/penises/babies! :lol: )

Oh my god this guy had been all over our papers here in england. I actually feel a bit sorry for him, how can he be such an idiot :roll:

I really don't think he is actually that stupid, I think it is all an act for attention. I think he thinks he's trolling us and being amusing. I don't think he actually believes the stupid things he's saying.

If he is genuinely that stupid (doubtful, but certainly possible), then I feel sorry for him because that level of ignorance that seems impermeable to new learning probably means he is actually intellectually challenged and CAN'T learn any better. I hope for his sake that it is indeed trolling and he's not actually stuck at that level of stupid for life, because what kind of future could he possibly have with that combination of stupidity and wilful ignorance? Not a life I would want to live, not a life with foreseeable bright spots of any sort. Though, if he is that dumb it would explain his attempt to get 15 seconds of fame in the way that he went about it.

The tabloids are reporting that his girlfriend dumped him. Whether he is a troll or just a dumbass, I hope that's true and she ends up with someone who doesn't hate her and has some functional knowledge of female anatomy. :lol:

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 7:20 pm

Quote:
Considering this GenderQueer trend that's risen in the last few years where it seems everyone is so confused of their gender or 'know their gender' but choose to identify as PanQueerDemiPoly Memesexual, and prefer the pronouns They/Them/Zir/Zar/Flim/Flam/Harambe I'd much rather the lines between masculinity and femininity not be blurred.

There is a difference between blurring the lines and thus confusing society as a whole and keeping the difference between masculinity and femininity clear and distinct but allowing people the freedom to choose how much they do or do not fit into these roles

Yeah, so far, I have yet to see all these hordes of people who are suddenly identifying as "genderqueer." And "genderqueer-ness" has been around for a lot longer than the past few years. I became involved with it in the late 90s.

And, if the masculine and feminine models of behavior don't work for some people, I can't think of any good reason why they shouldn't reject them completely. Society will get along just fine. Personally, I identify as agender. There is no benefit for me in going down a checklist and marking-off the "masculine traits" I posses, and then going down another checklist for my "feminine traits." That doesn't work for me, so I dumped it.

As for my pronouns, people can refer to me using either masculine or feminine words; I care not.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2016, 11:55 am

What other people call themselves or ask to be called makes not a bit of difference to me, my sexuality or sense of my own gender.

In other news, loads of gay men and lesbians have gotten married in recent years with no impact on my marriage.

It seems like hysterical nonsense when people claim their reality is shaken by these things, but perhaps the ones who get upset about it are very differently constituted than me and much more susceptible to aspects of their imaginations.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2016, 8:09 pm

The sad truth is despite how much feminists preach about how it's misogynist to be nice to them just to get laid, male feminists can pretty much get laid whenever they want because feminists trust them so much. The feminists' boyfriends are just as guilty of "misogyny" as any of the guys who "act nice, but want sex" that they constantly complain about. These male feminists also preach to other men about how they're not entitled to sex and how wrong it is to be nice to a girl just to get laid, even when they've been doing it their entire life but is somehow justified when they do it.

Despite being a holier-than-thou know-it-all socially progressive man preaching to other men that they are not and will never be entitled to sex, these feminist men have never experienced a day in their life where they weren't entitled to sex by their feminist girlfriend. They live in an entire fantasy world where everything they do gets rewarded. They never had to work their ass off to show how legitimate their respect to women was. They never even had to think twice about it. Feminist women just assume he's legit.

It's not even so black and white. You CAN be legitimately respectful towards women AND want sex at the same time, AND not everyone who does gets lucky! Male feminists don't respect women more than anyone else, it's LUCK, LUCK, LUCK, LUCK!

I have a girlfriend who is not a feminist. I am not looking to date a feminist, but I at least want to be respected by feminists. The only problem is feminists only respect guys who they sleep with.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 9:13 pm

The United States just elected a man who has publicly bragged about molesting women. If you aren't a feminist, I'm not sure what to say to you.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Nov 2016, 12:43 am

I'm just as puzzled as everyone else is.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 3:36 am

Aaendi wrote:
The sad truth is despite how much feminists preach about how it's misogynist to be nice to them just to get laid, male feminists can pretty much get laid whenever they want because feminists trust them so much. The feminists' boyfriends are just as guilty of "misogyny" as any of the guys who "act nice, but want sex" that they constantly complain about. These male feminists also preach to other men about how they're not entitled to sex and how wrong it is to be nice to a girl just to get laid, even when they've been doing it their entire life but is somehow justified when they do it.

Despite being a holier-than-thou know-it-all socially progressive man preaching to other men that they are not and will never be entitled to sex, these feminist men have never experienced a day in their life where they weren't entitled to sex by their feminist girlfriend. They live in an entire fantasy world where everything they do gets rewarded. They never had to work their ass off to show how legitimate their respect to women was. They never even had to think twice about it. Feminist women just assume he's legit.

It's not even so black and white. You CAN be legitimately respectful towards women AND want sex at the same time, AND not everyone who does gets lucky! Male feminists don't respect women more than anyone else, it's LUCK, LUCK, LUCK, LUCK!

I have a girlfriend who is not a feminist. I am not looking to date a feminist, but I at least want to be respected by feminists. The only problem is feminists only respect guys who they sleep with.

I don't think much of this is actually true. I hold mostly feminist views but I hardly EVER "get laid" just for being nice (as in basically NEVER). The reason is because I have severe social . and isolate most of the time. Sometimes the trait of niceness goes hand in hand with timidness. It doesn't mean that nice guys always lose just for being nice or that they always win jut for being nice. It's more complicated than that. And some guys like myself don't actually find the idea of a one-night stand very appealing.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 6:14 am

Barchan wrote:
The United States just elected a man who has publicly bragged about molesting women. If you aren't a feminist, I'm not sure what to say to you.

Don't worry, you'll learn how to communicate with the overwhelming majority of humans who aren't in the cult. One day. Maybe.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 6:19 am

Because it's not about you? It's not about you being a white knight, it's about defending the rights of women.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 6:25 am

Ganondox wrote:
Because it's not about you? It's not about you being a white knight, it's about defending the rights of women.

Why do you believe that it's necessary to be a feminist in order to defend human rights?

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 4:41 am

adifferentname wrote:
Ganondox wrote:

Why do you believe that it's necessary to be a feminist in order to defend human rights?

If you defend the rights of women you are by defination a feminist.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 4:48 am

Ganondox wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Ganondox wrote:

By definition, a feminist isn't concerned with the rights and equality of men. So no, that's not accurate at all.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 12:29 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Ganondox wrote:

By definition, a feminist isn't concerned with the rights and equality of men. So no, that's not accurate at all.

No, that isn't COMPLETLEY untrue. Whether someone is feminist is independent of whether or not they advocate male issues (many feminists are concenred within both), but they idea there can be equality for women without equality for men is idioitoc and shows you don't understand what equality means. Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean the definition I have for feminism is inaccurate.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 12:52 pm

Ganondox wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Ganondox wrote:

No, that isn't COMPLETLEY untrue.

Mixed message you're sending there.

Quote:
Whether someone is feminist is independent of whether or not they advocate male issues

Precisely the point I made.

Quote:
(many feminists are concenred within both)

Some are. Those that are tend to pay lip service to men's issues or blame the victims.

Quote:
but they idea there can be equality for women without equality for men is idioitoc

Do you also believe the opposite is true? If so, what is the point of feminism? If all that is needed is men's suffrage for women to have equality, why waste time on women's suffrage? If anything is idiotic, it's your argument.

Quote:
and shows you don't understand what equality means.

Au contraire. As I've just demonstrated, it is you who is woefully ignorant of the meaning of equality.

There is nothing in the definition of "feminist" that says "equality to (or with) men" - with the exception of a handful of recently altered dictionaries which define it as "equality between the sexes" - a vague term which is used to justify espousal of ideas which promote equality of outcome rather than equality of opportunity.

Quote:
Just because you're ignorant doesn't mean the definition I have for feminism is inaccurate.

We were discussing the definition of feminist, not feminism. And you have the temerity to suggest I'm ignorant. :roll:

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 3:54 pm

Knee-jerk, sophomoric pedantry is tiresome and impresses no one.