Page 1 of 14 [ 220 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2016, 9:43 am

If they're just going to acuse me of being a whiteknighter.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 9:53 am

You might learn more if you actually listen to women, instead of automatically discounting their opinions based on the pitch of their voice. Or showing disrespect by talking over them.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 10:10 am

You should be a feminist because you earnestly believe in equality for all genders, not because you think it will make people like you. If you're concerned about whether or not people see you as a white knight, you're probably not a real feminist.

P.S. this topic has nothing to do with dating

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2016, 10:21 am

What does trying to eliminate "beta males" from having any rights have anything to do with equality.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 10:35 am

Aaendi wrote:
What does trying to eliminate "beta males" from having any rights have anything to do with equality.

Uh. If that's what you think feminism amounts to, then you're really missing the point.

Under feminism you would have the same rights as everybody else. The only thing you have to lose is male privilege, which, after having lived with it your whole life, you short-sightedly consider to be your natural "rights."

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 10:38 am

Aaendi wrote:

You don't need to identify as a feminist to be for equality. Not even all women who are for equality identify as feminists. There's no reason why you should have to.

There are both female and male people who call themselves feminists who actually are for equality and not for taking men's rights away to give women more power.

There also are people who call themselves feminists who see discrimination of women everywhere no matter if it's true or not and actually promote misandry instead of equality.

The term has become rather blurry. A lot of people with completely different opinions and views choose to either call or not call themselves feminists.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2016, 10:52 am

http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/04/bei ... ot-enough/

In other words, all beta males just sit around masterbating at women all day.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 11:03 am

NorthWind wrote:
Aaendi wrote:

You don't need to identify as a feminist to be for equality. Not even all women who are for equality identify as feminists. There's no reason why you should have to.

There are both female and male people who call themselves feminists who actually are for equality and not for taking men's rights away to give women more power.

There also are people who call themselves feminists who see discrimination of women everywhere no matter if it's true or not and actually promote misandry instead of equality.

The term has become rather blurry. A lot of people with completely different opinions and views choose to either call or not call themselves feminists.

This.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 12:40 pm

I had a look at the link. It was a bit too extreme for my tastes. I don't we should expect men to fight our battles just to support us.

On another note Nice guy (TM) seems like a sore spot for you. Have you had problems with the term in the past

Pravda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Oct 2016, 12:59 pm

Aaendi wrote:
http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/04/being-nice-guy-not-enough/

In other words, all beta males just sit around masterbating at women all day.

"Nice guy"(tm), adjective, a guy who blames women for his own lack of social confidence and is secretly as big of a two-faced as*hole as the meathead types he's decrying.

ex. "Women should date nice gentlemen like me. f*****g c***s."

To be distinguished from an actual nice guy, who is genuinely supportive and loving rather than a raging barrel of hate whose "niceness" is a transparent act. Actual nice guys are aided by ending toxic masculinity, that usually-disliked "alpha male"/"bro-douche" culture, the predominance of which has caused said admirable behavior to be socially labeled "feminine" instead of just flat-out "healthy."

Don't believe the gender tag. I was born intersex and identify as queer, girl-leaning. So while I can sometimes present as an effeminate guy, that's less than half the time and if anything I'd prefer it say "female" of the two choices offered. I can't change it though, it's bugged.

Last edited by Pravda on 22 Oct 2016, 1:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 1:06 pm

When feminists accomplish our goals, we all plan to sit around masturbating all day as well.

Pravda
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Oct 2016, 1:07 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
When feminists accomplish our goals, we all plan to sit around masturbating all day as well.

Some of us spend most of the day doing that anyway... :lol:

Don't believe the gender tag. I was born intersex and identify as queer, girl-leaning. So while I can sometimes present as an effeminate guy, that's less than half the time and if anything I'd prefer it say "female" of the two choices offered. I can't change it though, it's bugged.

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2016, 1:15 pm

Alliekit wrote:
I had a look at the link. It was a bit too extreme for my tastes. I don't we should expect men to fight our battles just to support us.

On another note Nice guy (TM) seems like a sore spot for you. Have you had problems with the term in the past

https://m.reddit.com/r/niceguys/comment ... _feminism/

People still are. I keep telling feminists that I don't want sex from them, and that I'm not trying to be nice to them just to get laid, and that I don't feel "entitled to sex" and all that BS. All I want is for them to leave me alone and stop harassing me.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 2:22 pm

Aaendi wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

https://m.reddit.com/r/niceguys/comment ... _feminism/

People still are. I keep telling feminists that I don't want sex from them, and that I'm not trying to be nice to them just to get laid, and that I don't feel "entitled to sex" and all that BS. All I want is for them to leave me alone and stop harassing me.

I guess they are just responding to the video??

I'm not really too sure what is going on

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 2:28 pm

Please....

I beg you all...

I would even kiss your feet....

PLEASE DON'T DISCUSS THE NICE GUY THING HERE AGAIN FOR THE TRILLIONTH TIME!! !

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 2:46 pm

There are any number of massively popular essays about it.