Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 2:55 pm

Post your favourite , worst , most annoying , "gets stuck in your head" TV advert past or present.

My favourite one at the moment is

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

I_Heart_Unicorns
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Oct 2016, 1:26 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Post your favourite , worst , most annoying , "gets stuck in your head" TV advert past or present.

My favourite one at the moment is

Even though I hate advertising, I must admit to having laughed at the Flash dog, he/she is hilarious.
It wouldn't make me buy Flash when cheaper alternatives are available, but the ad is funny.
Obviously the Go Compare & We Buy Any Car ads are annoying, but I suppose they've served their purpose in as much as people remember them.
Some of the Guiness ads were pretty damn good (even though I don't like the stuff).

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 7:29 pm

I can't seem to post anything from YouTube or anywhere else. :( And that's too bad, because I just saw a HORRIBLE ad for Cheerios where they are pushing people to "have more babies, babies are fun". But it's probably for the best because some people here might get seizures or sensory overload if they watched it, it's like seeing through the eyes of someone with ADHD off their medication. 8O

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2017, 10:03 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I can't seem to post anything from YouTube or anywhere else. :( And that's too bad, because I just saw a HORRIBLE ad for Cheerios where they are pushing people to "have more babies, babies are fun". But it's probably for the best because some people here might get seizures or sensory overload if they watched it, it's like seeing through the eyes of someone with ADHD off their medication. 8O

I just googled it , and the mind boggles and is also sensory overloaded. , what message was Cheerios trying to get out ? ? ? - Eat Cheerios , it will help you conceive ? Have more kids as it will increase sales for us ? Cheerios are as fun as babies? :lol:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 3:09 pm

^Cheerios are often one of the first finger foods given to babies, because they're bland, they don't don't have sharp edges or crumble easily, and are low in sugar. After you turn 5, however, they're basically like eating little Styrofoam life preservers. So naturally they want more babies so they'll make more money.

KatyKat_721
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jan 2017, 9:18 pm

The Mt. Dew puppy monkey baby one I found hilariously disturbing. :lol: :lol:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2017, 1:13 am

KatyKat_721 wrote:
The Mt. Dew puppy monkey baby one I found hilariously disturbing. :lol: :lol:

woah , thats a real messed up advert :D

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

29 Apr 2019, 11:38 pm

I can't find it anywhere, but I really like the new commercial for the five meat pizza at Little Caesars where everyone faints about how much meat there is :lol:

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 8:56 pm

To this day, this has got to be my most favorite ad I've ever watched. Not just Super Bowl ads either. The hilarious repetition is what I think really gets to me.

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2019, 8:48 am

treefiddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2019, 3:49 am

This is my favourite TV ad. Can't think of my least favourite; there's far too many to choose from :P

I think this ad is pretty perfect. It starts off and you're instantly wondering "ok, what's this about?" and there are attractive women in bikinis (running) in it, so you're not complaining; it keeps you engaged. The atmosphere is super dramatic; the music is epic - this builds the suspense and now you're really wondering what this is all about; you're intrigued. The directors really push it to the max; the build up is grand and then the explanation/the reveal is hilarious, but flows seamlessly with what came before it - everything makes sense. And then the ending is funny too. The directors were clearly working with the philosophy "go big or go home". I love it. It's a relatively simple idea, well executed and it's absolutely perfect for it's target audience of NT men.

I really love it when ads are done well; it's like a breath of fresh air :heart:

Laeril
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 May 2019, 9:30 pm

Budweiser Super Bowl ads have been on point for years. The one dramatizing Adolphus Busch's (founder of Budweiser's parent company, Anheuser-Busch) immigrant experience was timely, even if unintentionally.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2019, 1:02 pm

Any of the: “I’m fallen but I can’t get up” ads. The PSAs from when I was a kid: “nobody ever said I want to be a druggie when I grow up” were pretty bad, too.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 6:03 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Any of the: “I’m fallen but I can’t get up” ads. The PSAs from when I was a kid: “nobody ever said I want to be a druggie when I grow up” were pretty bad, too.

^^A "YouTube Poop" of the original LifeCall commercial.

Any fire safety-related PSA gave me nightmares.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!