★『The Pokemon Nicknames Thread!』☆

Page 10 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 5:23 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
They aren't weird at all. Zephyr is the name of the Greek god of the gentle West Wind. :D

I can't nickname Zephyr, she was a Wonder Trade. :roll:

All of my main Pokemon (aside from Decidueye) are Wonder Trades. :lmao:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 5:29 pm

^I find that fact that you can't change a Pokemon's nickname if it's been traded very annoying. Why, exactly, is that a thing?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2017, 8:02 pm

What's worse is the fact that you can't give the pokemon a nickname if it came from someone else, even if they don't have one.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2017, 8:05 pm

^That's the reason why my Vulpix in Moon cannot be actually named Sakura like I wanted. :x

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2017, 8:24 pm

Just do what I do: pick your nickname and ignore the fact that (default nickname) is it's real name, and when your talking about that pokemon out loud, say it's name, and it'll stick eventually. 8)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2017, 3:04 pm

I wonder what to name my [eventual] Lunala? Mizuki?

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 7:43 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I wonder what to name my [eventual] Lunala? Mizuki?

As I said before, I'd nickname mine Artemis.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 7:46 pm

Selene sounds nice. [The old Greek goddess of the moon.]

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 7:54 pm

But isn't selene the name of the defaule girl you play as when you first start the game? :?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 7:56 pm

I'm not sure. The name originated from the old Greek goddess of the moon [I'm not sure if Artemis/Diana/Cynthia came before or after Selene, or Apollo came before Helios. It's hard to say.]

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 8:07 pm

Selene and Helios came before Apollo and Artemis. Helios passed his sun-responsibilities to Apollo when he felt devastated after the death of his son, Phaithon (or whatever his name is spelled). Selene...I'm not exactly sure.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 8:11 pm

^What I meant was, which myths came first, or are Helios and Selene just different names for Apollo and Artemis/Diana? Who knows?

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 7:46 am

I wonder what would be a good name for a male, midnight form Lycanroc.
I've been thinking of naming it Wily, like Wile E Coyote. :mrgreen:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 11:46 am

How about Okami [the Japanese word for wolf]?

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 1:00 pm

^^How about 'Wolf Link'? (From Twilight Princess, I mean.)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 1:02 pm

^That's even better!