★『The Pokemon Nicknames Thread!』☆

Page 11 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 1:02 pm

^That's even better!

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 2:24 pm

I did the Mew glitch in Blue. (Yes, I actually have a cartridge) I went with naming her Ichigo, because there's an anime named Tokyo Mew Mew and as much as the main character, Ichigo, has said 'Mew' in the anime, I figured I should name her after her!

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 2:32 pm

I've wanted to do the Mew glitch for quite a long time.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 1:10 am

I decided that if Laura ever ended up with a Yveltal his name would be either Xemnas or Xeanort. Or Ansem.
(As if I didn't have enough refrences to Kingdom Hearts as it is...)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 3:49 pm

There's nothing wrong with lots of references to things you like.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 5:02 pm

Midnightstar16 wrote:
I did the Mew glitch in Blue. (Yes, I actually have a cartridge) I went with naming her Ichigo, because there's an anime named Tokyo Mew Mew and as much as the main character, Ichigo, has said 'Mew' in the anime, I figured I should name her after her!

I love Tokyo Mew Mew!

I named my other Vaporeon in Pokemon Sun Rikuo after the character Rikuo from Darkstalkers.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 4:57 pm

Tenshi seems to be an appropriate name for a Gardevoir.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 9:52 am

I've been meaning to rename my Dusk Form Lycanroc to OrangeJuice. It was originally the name I had for Solgaleo but I think I'll name Solgaleo, SunnyD, instead. Would make for a good mascot for the Sunny Delight Beverages company.

Miss_Skitty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jan 2018, 8:47 am

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
I've been meaning to rename my Dusk Form Lycanroc to OrangeJuice. It was originally the name I had for Solgaleo but I think I'll name Solgaleo, SunnyD, instead. Would make for a good mascot for the Sunny Delight Beverages company.

SunnyD for Solgaleo is wonderful haha. I have a shiny Ampharos called Dolly :)

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2018, 1:35 pm

Just nicknamed my Kyogre “Thalassa” (Primordial goddess of the sea), my Groudon “Gaia” (Primordial goddess of the earth), and my Rayquaza “Ouranos” (Primordial god of the heavens).

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2018, 1:31 pm

^Brilliant.

My latest Pokemon in Pearl all have nicknames:
Empoleon = Blueberry
Roserade = Sakuhana [flower blossom in Japanese]
Luxray = Kitty
Staraptor = Hoshihane [star wing in Japanese]
Gible = Ryuken [dragon sword in Japanese]

I'm not sure what to name my Riolu and Happiny.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 11:22 am

I nicknamed my Alakazam 'Dumbledore', after Albus Dumbledore from 'Harry Potter'.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 1:44 pm

My Lucario and Chansey in Pearl are now called Gen and Tamago.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2018, 7:27 am

The majority of my Pokemon nicknames are references to things I like, the rest are names I like, or names that the Pokemon or its name makes me think of.

Lately I've been catching so many Pokemon via wormholes that I haven't nicknamed them. Time for that later. I think thoroughly about nicknames, names are important to me.

I just beat the Elite Four (Ultra Sun) this morning with the following team:

Sander (Palossand; because sand)
Buzzwole (still unnamed, my first ultra beast unless you count Poipole),
ZzZzZzZz (Latias, I got her in a trade, I would personally not have named her that)
Ali-Cata (Incineroar; named after a misunderstanding: As a kid I had a comic. Its title was written in a strange font so I misread it and thought it said "Ali-Catas Skrekk" which sounded so exciting and dark, while it really said "Ali - gatas skrekk". I still think Ali-Cata is a great name, and even more so for a cat Pokemon)
Chakka (Leafeon, named after the pet wolf of Beverly Gravlin, whose book I'm still currently reading)
Nebby (Solgaleo; I didn't have the heart to name him anything else, although I kinda think I might do so eventually - I really wanna name him Sanasol, or Solaire)

It was a good team, but it was heartbreaking that I couldn't find space for Lycanroc in that important battle. Nikai was with me since Ha'Ouli City, and would have been extremely useful in the battle against Kahili. I must find a spot for him in the rematch.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2018, 4:46 pm

I nicknamed my female Scyther "Midori", and my male Scizor "Asugi".

Spearghost
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jun 2018, 4:27 pm

My main Pokemon nicknames are:

Cardgage!
Geebee!
Don lino!
Dax!
Goodyear!
Jigsaw!

The inspiration for these nicknames came from goldenboltlp!