★『The Pokemon Nicknames Thread!』☆

Page 4 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 6:44 pm

^I used to play it, but then I decided that I didn't like war-games. Azura, Elsie, and Sakura are still my favourite characters.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 8:47 am

I've been playing LeafGreen to help pass the time before I get to play Sun and Moon, and I finally got enough money to get a Porygon! It doesnt say if it's a boy or girl, but I'll go with saying it's a girl. Now I'm torn. Should I name her after Windows 95 or Windows XP, or should I not go with the computer programs and call her Pory-chan?

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 1:21 pm

Pori-pori is the Japanese onomatopoeia for eating something with a quiet-ish munching sound [like eating cookies].

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 10:22 am

Midnightstar16 wrote:
I'll start: I already know three out or the six Pokemon I'll have for Sun and Moon: Mimikkyu, Popplio's ??? Final Evolution (I'll soft reset until I get a female, so I need a girly name), and Lunala. What would be good names for them? :duh:

Pipplio. I think it's a boy tbh juggler or clown.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 10:23 am

Midnightstar16 wrote:
I've been playing LeafGreen to help pass the time before I get to play Sun and Moon, and I finally got enough money to get a Porygon! It doesnt say if it's a boy or girl, but I'll go with saying it's a girl. Now I'm torn. Should I name her after Windows 95 or Windows XP, or should I not go with the computer programs and call her Pory-chan?

Polygon.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 11:40 am

I named my Popplio 'Aria' [as a pun on Ariel and the fact that Primarina is also based on a siren/lorelei]. My team will eventually consist of: Popplio, Mimikyu, Bounsweet, Cutiefly, and either Rockruff or Jangmo-o.

I just realized that Marshadow might be based on shadow boxing! Hooray for obscure Pokemon puns!

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2016, 11:50 am

Midnightstar16 wrote:
You were kinda close! It was a little kitty pokemon!

Nice fan art.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2016, 10:58 am

In Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, I named the hero Pokemon Hikari [Riolu] and the partner Pokemon Hikaru [Pikachu]. Hikari means light in Japanese, and Hikaru means bright/shining.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 8:56 am

I went back to play Pokemon X. I found a shiny delibird. And I caught it with my only master ball since I didn't have anything else. :cry:
I named her Carrie.

trapezium
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jan 2017, 6:16 pm

I usually name them all with some type of rule. For a while it was firepants, waterpants, shockpants, grasspants, and so on. But I ran out of pants types pretty fast.
With Pokemoon I made the mistake of naming every pokemon after a different pokemon. It seemed really good at first, but after about 60 I realized I had made a nightmare for myself!

The funniest I have found is one of the guys from the Pokemon podcast, It's Super Effective, who is naming every pokemon after a type of bread.

Bald-Accountant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2017, 4:51 pm

Oh, this is nicknames for pokemon!

I thought it was pokemon nicknames for people on WP

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2017, 5:41 pm

^Well, I'm already Skitty, and Skilpadde is Squirtle-girl.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 6:44 pm

A male Alolan Exeggutor! Name help, please? :D

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 6:51 pm

^Longneck or Littlefoot? Sorry, those names just came to me when I was thinking about "The Land before Time". :lol:

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 7:25 pm

Actually, scratch that. I found another one, it's a female this time (an an exeggute at the moment) BUT SHE IS FREAKING SHINY.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2017, 7:31 pm

^Wow. 8O Good going! :D

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII