★『The Pokemon Nicknames Thread!』☆

Page 9 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 9:02 pm

^Um...yes. Isn't that obvious?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 8:59 pm

^More like a little odd, actually. To have their names put into their character and then to their Pokémon. :|

Last edited by UncannyDanny on 28 Feb 2017, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:00 pm

^I'm the weirder one. :lol: He grew up while I didn't.

Or is it odd that his name is Kevin? :scratch:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:10 pm

^No, no, no! 'Kevin' is NOT a weird name! It's just that I find it a bit funny to name themselves and their Pokémon exactly the same name is all! I'm not trying to being offensive, or anything! :oops:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:13 pm

^I get it now. I found the implications funny, that's all. :lol: You know, you reacted rather like I do sometimes. Interesting.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:17 pm

Yeah, we're like so alike by around 90%, Miss Kuraudo.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:21 pm

It would be funny if I called you Daniel-san, especially since I'm actually a blue belt in Karate and I think a green belt in Kobudo [weapons]. My favourite is the bo or naginata. 8)

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:27 pm

You're referring to the The Karate Kid, right?

My favorite weapons are the bo and the katana. I'm training martial arts, myself.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:30 pm

^Yes, I am!

It's nice that suriken, katanas, naginatas, and other Japanese weapons are usable in Fire Emblem Birthright and Revelation, instead of the usual swords, lances, and axes.

I eventually quit because I kept hurting myself [I injured my tailbone several years ago], and because I didn't care about getting new belts or participating in tournaments.

Kyrem13
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Feb 2017, 9:41 pm

Every time I make a new pokemon, competitively or not, I always attempt at a somewhat clever nickname. They aren't always good. But my ending team in Pokemon Moon was Palmer the Alola Exeggutor, WRAITH!! !! !! the edgiest of all Decidueye, Smith the WishiWashi, Shambles the Kommo-o, Blister the Toucannon, and Victoria III the Palossand. And now I just keep making up more as I build up teams for competitive play. It's taking a while. But heck at least I'm almost done my first team. :)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 2:22 pm

Mine are usually based on obscure Japanese puns that only I would get. :roll:

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 3:03 pm

Keeping in mind that X was my first pokemon game, when I first got Riku from Korrina I thought he was a Ground type 'cause he knew Bone Rush. And I knew Riku meant land in Japanese, (though I tried to make a Kingdom Hearts rerfrenece...) :roll: Though I still hope he likes his name. :oops:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 5:16 pm

Why, exactly, are Lucario, Empoleon, Mawile, and Jirachi part Steel type?! It makes no freaking sense! Lucario should be Fighting-Psychic, and Jirachi could be Fairy-Psychic. *end of rant*

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 5:49 pm

Also, why is Luigia part psychic instead of water? They even tripped up the people who do the TCG because one of the cards for Luigia is water type. :lol:

Maybe those spikey things on their paws/hands and on their chests are made of steel? :?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 6:25 pm

^I don't know, I give up on Pokemon logic.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 5:23 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
They aren't weird at all. Zephyr is the name of the Greek god of the gentle West Wind. :D

I can't nickname Zephyr, she was a Wonder Trade. :roll:

All of my main Pokemon (aside from Decidueye) are Wonder Trades. :lmao: