How do couples put up with this seriously????????

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 4:44 pm

How the hell do long term couples tolerate the foul odour of each other's farts? I say this because my parents who are both in there late 50s fart in front of each other (not in public of course) a lot and it doesn't seem to be causing them a major issue in there marriage.

Is it something that you learn to get used to in time?

I am so sensitive to smell that I don't think I could put up with it in a relationship?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 5:14 pm

If it's bad I of course moan at him and tell him to do it elsewhere (like the bathroom).

But mostly he doesn't have smelly ones unless he is ill. Perhaps your parents are eating foods that give them particularly foul smelling gas?

Aside from that we have both just gotten used to it being a natural human occurance. But like i said if it smells bad I moan at him

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 8:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, first off, I've never farted around my wife as long as I knew she was there. I take care of that in another room. And if she farts around me, I never know it. We live in a house that doesn't have a door between the bedroom and the bathroom, so we tolerate certain bodily functions. However, if someone is taking a dump, everyone else has to leave. We have to draw a line somewhere.

I did have a gf for a while who wouldn't hold back. I wasn't crazy about that, but I tolerated it.

I've also learned that sex puts pressure on a lady's colon. That can't be helped.

In all, I guess in a LTR, you experience so much body fluid and other things that a little gas is hardly an issue. I have even seen my wife's intestines outside her body and digested food moving through them (yes, she's still alive. She was having surgery and I was standing beside her the whole time). So considering that I've seen guts and placentas, changed countless dirty diapers, mopped up gallons of vomit, picked nits and bugs out of hair--need I go on? A fart is nothing to me!

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 9:06 pm

I dunno. Sex and lulz?

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 9:35 pm

In a good long term relationship, you would do anything for your partner. What's a fart compared to possibly giving your partner CPR if they had a heart attack and vomited, for example?

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 10:21 pm

I like the smell of farts, so I wouldn't mind it one bit.

I_Heart_Unicorns
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Oct 2016, 9:42 am

Jamesy wrote:
How the hell do long term couples tolerate the foul odour of each other's farts? I say this because my parents who are both in there late 50s fart in front of each other (not in public of course) a lot and it doesn't seem to be causing them a major issue in there marriage.

Is it something that you learn to get used to in time?

I am so sensitive to smell that I don't think I could put up with it in a relationship?

Ha, ha, brilliant. Who *is* a fan of farts???! !!
My bullmastiff used to do the most horrendous farts ever. Would make your parents' farts smell like spring blossom.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

26 Oct 2016, 10:12 am

The foul smell comes from a poor diet, enzymes, bacteria feeding off of junk making gas. How is that foul smelling person taking a dump smell any different?

Stop eating junk that makes you stink.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 10:14 am

I_Heart_Unicorns wrote:
Ha, ha, brilliant. Who *is* a fan of farts???! ! !

James Joyce was, if his love letters are anything to go by...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 2:21 pm

yournamehere wrote:
The foul smell comes from a poor diet, enzymes, bacteria feeding off of junk making gas. How is that foul smelling person taking a dump smell any different?

It has a foul smell regardless, if someone takes on a 100% healthy diet with the goal of their farts not stinking, they're likely to be disappointed.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 6:07 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
yournamehere wrote:

It has a foul smell regardless, if someone takes on a 100% healthy diet with the goal of their farts not stinking, they're likely to be disappointed.

Yeah, I was gonna say, I eat a pretty clean diet but I still have bad smelling farts on occasion.

What you eat does effect it though, a lot of spices effect the like odor for me.

Anyways I think it's that scent-blindness thing.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2016, 8:29 pm

Put up with it? What do you mean? I willingly sucked the farts out of my ex gfs ass.

UnturnedStone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2016, 9:27 pm

Lets be honest, a lot more disgusting things go on in a relationship than smelling farts....

In most relationships, bodily fluids are exchanged: mouth to mouth (kissing), mouth to .... etc

If you think farting in front of each other is the most disgusting thing your parents are doing, I would say there is a good chance you're wrong.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Nov 2016, 12:22 am

I have gastrointestinal issues & fart aLOT. They don't usually smell thou thankfully but they occasionally smell bad thou. I fart around my girlfriend & she tolerates it for the most part but sometimes gets annoyed when they smell. My girlfriend doesn't fart too much but they sometimes smell bad. I try not to make her self-conscious about it & I try not to breath from my nose when it happens.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ChibiVampireDoll
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Nov 2016, 7:14 pm

You put up with a lot when you're in a relationship with someone you love. I've tolerated farts, cleaned puke, and even cooked food for sick boyfriend while I was also sick. He got me sick.