Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2016, 11:42 am

I read some pretty good reviews for the first Red Redemption though I never got a chance to play it. Anyone played the first one? Any opinions? Anyone planning on buying #2?

It is made by Rockstar the makers of GTA V.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2016, 7:51 pm

It is similar to gta4 in basic things like menu/mission structure/button layout/etc. but there are a few unique aspects. I would say guns feel a lot better and are a little more varied, and the dead eye mechanic adds another layer to it. The map is a bit smaller but there are no cars or planes obviously so it doesn't feel that way. Exploration seems a little more important since there's plenty of treasure and different animals to hunt and a few more optional quests, and the random events keep things fresh. I wish more was done with survival aspects but at least there are any. Story and characters are really good.

Not sure about another one. GTAV was a huge disappointment so it would take a lot to get my trust back. I don't want bs like shark cards or focus on online and I don't want all the good mechanics to be neutered due to casual fans who want everything to be easy.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2016, 9:45 pm

I loved Red Dead, and I'm definitely getting Red Dead 2 when it comes out. I don't think I've ever played a bad Rockstar game, so I'm pretty sure it's going to be fan-freaking-tastic. I like strong story lines and big, beautiful environments.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2016, 1:00 pm

I dont like GTA much, i like gta 5 but only play it a little and its the only one ive actually bought. i did play red dead redemption though, apart from the absolutely horrible ending, its incredibly fun to play with lots to do, and i really liked the multiplayer, im getting RDR2 for sure, best part is i recently got an xbox one, which is good because it turns out its not on pc (might be later?)

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

ThePhoenix1026
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Nov 2016, 9:23 am

Hello all. I just thought I might add my own opinions -humble as they are- to the discussion.
In my personal estimation, Red Dead Redemption is one of the single greatest games presently in existence. I don't care for the ending to it, it's true, but there is one mission in the game that I feel like a person should not miss out on. Without going into spoilers, there's a mission whereupon you enter Mexico to pursue a gang, and the music and scenery that are showcased in this mission are a highlight like unto few others. If you have the system available to play it, I strongly recommend going to your nearest GameStop and picking up a copy. It should be under 10 dollars by now, and worth every penny.
To address those speaking on Grand Theft Auto 5, I feel like some of the comments here aren't being entirely fair to it. Regardless of your opinion of the game, there are two significant additions to it with the next-gen remaster that bear strong favorable mention.
The first is Director Mode, which makes it immensely easy to create in-game movies, and thereby has made it possible for me to begin telling a story of my own. Not finished yet, by any means, as I have just begun, but it's still a real handy tool.
The second one is the introduction of a first-person perspective. This could REALLY be put to good use in Red Dead 2.
Anyway, those are my thoughts on the matter, and thanks for hearing me out. A toast to all.

howler0322
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jan 2017, 5:23 pm

I've played Red Dead Redemption. It was my favorite video game of all time up until I got GTA V. Sure, as with any game, there are occasional glitches but that doesn't detract from my enjoyment.