Page 6 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2018, 4:02 pm

League_Girl wrote:
So aspies are now ret*ds now? :roll:

If he did that in the US, he would be in prison. A diagnoses will not keep you out of jail.

I notice many of the Autism Defense stories coming out of the UK lately.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 1:37 am

Midlands teenager who raped 13-year-old boy given suspended sentence

Quote:
A TEENAGER WHO raped a 13-year-old boy and sexually assaulted another has received a suspended sentence on condition he continue to engage with multidisciplinary supports and treatment.

The now 18-year-old, was convicted following a Central Criminal Court trial in 2016 of one count of anal rape and two counts of sexual assault in the Midlands in July 2015.

The court heard the accused, who was 16 at the time of the offences, had a “sad and difficult upbringing” and was diagnosed with ADHD at a young age. Doctors later said he was also on the autism spectrum.

During his trial the accused said the incidents were consensual and described them as “an experiment gone wrong”. The court heard on an earlier date that the victims are still in counselling but are slowly getting over the events.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 5:48 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

If he did that in the US, he would be in prison. A diagnoses will not keep you out of jail.

I notice many of the Autism Defense stories coming out of the UK lately.

UK has to be the best place to be an aspie, commit any crimes you want and be ignorant, do not worry, use your autism diagnoses or go get one to stay out of jail. But yet aspergianstar2009 didn't seem to get that out of free jail card when he was finally caught sexually abusing kids. His wife only got two year probation because of her low intelligence and he supposedly manipulated her into doing it too.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/lo ... nd-5770280

Didn't mention the diagnoses either.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm

Sex offender caught sleeping in a house with children

Quote:
A convicted sex offender has been fined after failing to notify authorities he was staying in a house with children.

Alexander Hunt breached the notification requirements of a sexual offences prevention order made against him as part of a 2015 conviction for sexually assaulting an 11-year-old girl.

A court heard in 2015 that Hunt had pulled down the girl's pyjama bottoms as she lay in bed and performed an indecent act.

But a judge suspended his prison sentence after hearing that Hunt had Asperger’s and did not realise the seriousness of what he was doing.

Between November 10 and 13, 2017 Hunt failed to comply with the terms of his sentence by staying in excess of 12 hours in a house where children under 18 years old lived.

A convicted sex offender has been fined after failing to notify authorities he was staying in a house with children.

Alexander Hunt breached the notification requirements of a sexual offences prevention order made against him as part of a 2015 conviction for sexually assaulting an 11-year-old girl.

A court heard in 2015 that Hunt had pulled down the girl's pyjama bottoms as she lay in bed and performed an indecent act.

But a judge suspended his prison sentence after hearing that Hunt had Asperger’s and did not realise the seriousness of what he was doing.

Between November 10 and 13, 2017 Hunt failed to comply with the terms of his sentence by staying in excess of 12 hours in a house where children under 18 years old lived.

Drunken thugs ransacked Plymouth woman's flat after asking her neighbour for a crow bar

Appearing for sentencing at Plymouth Crown Court on January 18 , Judge Paul Darlow heard that Hunt, 22, had called his supervising police officer on November 10, 2017 to tell them of his intent to stay at another address that weekend, but the PC did not receive his message until Monday, November 13.

When questioned, Hunt, of Dorchester Road, Taunton, revealed there were two boys, aged seven and 11, in the house. Hunt said he had informed the guardian of his offences, but when the police called the parent to confirm, they had no knowledge of Hunt's convictions.

Hunt was therefore in breach of the requirement of his Sexual Harm Prevention Order and was therefore also in breach of his suspended sentence, which would have expired later that month. He was arrested and pleaded guilty at Plymouth Magistrates'

Speaking for the defence, Jason Beale told the Crown Court this was Hunt's first breach of the order for the best part of two years, he had been living in compliance with the orders and no new offence had been committed to cause the breach.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 11:15 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Sex offender caught sleeping in a house with children
Quote:

Drunken thugs ransacked Plymouth woman's flat after asking her neighbour for a crow bar

Appearing for sentencing at Plymouth Crown Court on January 18 , Judge Paul Darlow heard that Hunt, 22, had called his supervising police officer on November 10, 2017 to tell them of his intent to stay at another address that weekend, but the PC did not receive his message until Monday, November 13.

When questioned, Hunt, of Dorchester Road, Taunton, revealed there were two boys, aged seven and 11, in the house. Hunt said he had informed the guardian of his offences, but when the police called the parent to confirm, they had no knowledge of Hunt's convictions.

Hunt was therefore in breach of the requirement of his Sexual Harm Prevention Order and was therefore also in breach of his suspended sentence, which would have expired later that month. He was arrested and pleaded guilty at Plymouth Magistrates'

Speaking for the defence, Jason Beale told the Crown Court this was Hunt's first breach of the order for the best part of two years, he had been living in compliance with the orders and no new offence had been committed to cause the breach.

I don’t give a damn if this guy is on the spectrum. His ass belongs in jail and he deserves to rot in there for the rest of his miserable life.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 2:47 am

UK teen gained access to CIA chief's accounts

Quote:
A British teenager managed to access the communications accounts of top US intelligence and security officials including the then CIA chief John Brennan, a London court heard.

Kane Gamble, now 18, was aged 15 and 16 when, from his bedroom in Coalville, central England, he managed to impersonate his targets to gain highly sensitive information.

"Kane Gamble gained access to the communications accounts of some very high-ranking US intelligence officials and government employees," prosecutor John Lloyd-Jones told England's Old Bailey central criminal court.

"He also gained access to US law enforcement and intelligence agency networks."

Gamble has admitted 10 offences against the computer misuse act, between June 2015 and February 2016, and is awaiting sentencing.

The court heard how the teenager founded the group Crackas With Attitude (CWA), who used "social engineering" - manipulating call centres and help desks into divulging confidential information - which they then exploited.

Gamble impersonated Brennan in calls to the telecommunications companies Verizon and AOL, although in one attempt, he stumbled on a question about Brennan's first pet.

Several sensitive documents were reportedly obtained from Brennan's private email inbox and Gamble managed to get information about military and intelligence operations in Iran and Afghanistan.

"It also seems he was able to successfully access Mr Brennan's iCloud account," the prosecutor said.

Gamble called AOL and initiated a password reset, and took control of Brennan's wife's iPad.

Gamble also targeted the then US secretary of homeland security Jeh Johnson and made calls to his phone number.

He left Johnson's wife a voicemail saying "Am I scaring you?" and managed to get a message to appear on the family television saying: "I own you".

Other targets included the then US president Barack Obama's deputy national security adviser Avril Haines, his senior science and technology adviser John Holdren, and FBI special agent Amy Hess.

Gamble gained extensive unauthorised access to the US Department of Justice network and was able to access court case files, including on the Deepwater oil spill.

The British teenager gave some of the material he managed to access to WikiLeaks and boasted that he had a list of all Homeland Security employees.

The court heard from consultant forensic psychiatrist Dr Steffan Davies, whose assessment was that Gamble did not have a full understanding of the impact of what he was doing, due to autism. "I'm very clear that he has an autistic spectrum disorder (ASD)," he said.

"He spent most of his life in his bedroom on the internet and that is where he is getting his cues from.

"He has a very black and white understanding of what was happening, seeing it more as a video game with goodies and baddies. "He was trying to right what he saw as an injustice."

However, another expert, Dr Philip Joseph, said he doubted Gamble was autistic. "He's at the mild end (of the spectrum), if he's on it at all," he said. "If he had that condition, it doesn't explain why he committed these offences."

Bolding mine
He is autistic yet he used "social engineering" and manipulation to get people to divulge information??????

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:25 am

League_Girl wrote:
I seriously cannot imagine killing my mother and also going to jail for a real long time or getting the death penalty.

Same.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on January 23, 2018)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 3:04 am

Matthew Horan ‘exploited children in most horrible way’ – judg

Quote:
The court would be told he had the same level of maturity as the young girls he encountered on the internet.

Altogether, the court was told, there were 15 children involved in the case, and 15 charges, with “50 or 60 counts”, as Judge Nolan put it.

No relatives of Horan’s were in court. Horan, Judge Nolan remarked, “meets criteria for autism spectrum disorder”, based on reports by forensic psychologists Anna Campbell and Dr Patrick Randall.

Mr.r Horan’s poor social skills limited his ability to develop normal relationships, which he desired.”

It was, he said, “a pretty sad case”. Horan had led “a very introverted and lonely life”, but in his actions “he has done a lot of damage”. He “exploited children in the most horrible way” and he knew “what he was doing was deeply wrong”.

Judge Nolan sentenced Horan to nine and a half years, suspending two years, “to give him some hope and some motivation to rehabilitate”.

He then asked a profound question, relevant to similar cases: “Can he be reformed?” The judge pondered on this issue and said: “Hopefully, with the right interventions, he can be reformed... At some point in his life he going to re-emerge from prison. He’s going to have to live in the community.”

The judge concluded by asking that inquiries be made as to “what regimes or interventions are available to reform and change, if at all possible, Mr Horan”.

A spokesman for the Irish Prison Service explained afterwards that treatment programmes for sex offenders were available at the Midlands and Arbour Hill prisons.

They are group-based and can take up to two years, usually towards the end of a long sentence, “for maximum impact”, he said, adding they can be “very, very challenging” for participants

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2018, 3:05 pm

Ethan Stables trial: Neo-Nazi 'planned Pride event machete attack'

Quote:
A neo-Nazi's plan to attack people with a machete at a gay pride event was foiled after he told people about it on Facebook, a court heard.

Prosecutors said the "white supremacist" had a "deep-seated hatred" of minorities, especially gay people.

Prosecutor Jonathan Sandiford, who described Mr Stables, of Egerton Court, as a neo-Nazi who supported Adolf Hitler, said the defendant intended to "launch a murderous attack" on various communities.

The jury heard that over seven months, Mr Stables researched weapons, including how to make his own explosives and firearms.

Mr Sandiford continued: "On 23 June (2017), the defendant became aware that the New Empire public house was going to host an LGBT event, a pride night, and he was enraged by that.

"He began to take photographs, reconnaissance of that public house with a view to launching an attack later that evening."

Mr Stables allegedly told members of a Nazi-themed Facebook chat group he planned to murder people at the pub - but one woman in Staffordshire who spotted the messages was so concerned she contacted police.

But in a statement to the jury, Patrick Upward QC, defending, said his client was not a white supremacist but more a "fantasist".

He said Mr Stables' posts were vile, but added: "He never expected anyone to believe what he had to say."

He also told the jury the defendant has Asperger's Syndrome, a favourite uncle who is openly gay and a best friend who is black.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2018, 6:25 pm

Texas man held in slaying near Rollinsville set to appear in court

Quote:
Texas man is accused of murdering a man who had been camping in the Rollinsville foothills before driving all the way to Idaho in the dead man's van.

Jeffrey Mason Maynard, 26, is charged with first-degree murder, felony murder, aggravated robbery, two counts of identity theft, aggravated motor vehicle theft and misdemeanor theft in connection with the death of John Henry Cumby Jr., 62.

On Aug. 28, there was no activity on the cellphone. Then, on Aug. 29, the phone showed searches for articles on "how to plead insanity, how to act insane, fake being insane, how people fake insanity and give themselves away,insanity test, hospital for criminally insane, sociopath world, Aspergers as a defense, 10 uses of criminal defense, insanity and the death plea,

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2018, 2:28 am

Teen murder suspect autistic and mentally ill, attorney says

Quote:
Zachary Welsh, 17, is accused of murdering his classmate, 18-year-old Austin Hensley, last month. Welsh also faces aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence charges.

Hyde pleaded not guilty on Welsh's behalf and requested a competency evaluation for Welsh.

"He has a severe mental defect, and he has a form of autism and he's been diagnosed since he's age 8," Hyde said.

Hyde said they want to explore whether that had anything to do with the alleged crimes.

"That's why we want a mental evaluation," Hyde said.

Prosecutors objected.

"Within the past year, the defendant has had a competency evaluation in this courtroom. He was deemed to be competent," Assistant Prosecutor Phil Yowler said.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2018, 2:05 am

Ex-soldier Michael Park jailed for more than three years for sexually assaulting underage he met online

Quote:
An autistic ex-soldier who sexually abused two 13-year-old Illawarra girls he met through Facebook – and threatened to post intimate pictures of one of them online – will spend at least three years and three months behind bars.

Judge Andrew Haesler said Michael John Park, 24, had exploited the youth and naivety of his two victims with his “self-adsorbed” behaviour.

Wollongong District Court heard the two encounters occurred three years apart – the first in 2012 when Park was 19 and the second in 2016 when he was 22.

In the first case, Park molested the girl at his home after she agreed to meet him in person.

The court heard he manipulated his second victim by communicating with her over Facebook using a false name, eliciting an intimate photo of her then telling her she had to meet with a man named “Michael Park” or the picture would be posted online.

Once they met up, Park fondled the teen’s genitals as they sat in the back seat of his car.

Judge Andrew Haesler noted the young age of both the victims, however also accepted evidence contained in a psychological report that said Park’s diagnosis of autism meant he was emotionally immature.

The report said while Park was high functioning in some aspects of his life he struggled in other areas, including inter-personal relationships and suggested at the time of both offences he was “operating at the emotional level of a 15-year-old”.

Judge Haesler accepted that Park’s moral culpability was reduced as a result of his diminished mental capacity, but said the harm of suffering of both victims needed to be recognised when it came to imposing a sentencing.

However, he also found Park had good prospects of rehabilitation, was remorseful for the harm he’d caused the victims and had strong support from his family, who had attended all his court appearances.

Park’s lawyer confirmed during an earlier court appearance that her client had lost his job in the Australian Defence Forces as a result of the charges.

Judge Haesler imposed an overall sentence of five years and five months, which included a discount for Park’s early plea of guilty.

With time already served, Park will be eligible to be considered for parole in January 2020.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 3:05 am

Lloyd Gunton locked up for Bieber terror plot

Quote:
A 17-year-old boy who was "hours away from committing an act of atrocity" in Cardiff has been detained indefinitely and must serve at least 11 years.
Lloyd Gunton was arrested after researching the security arrangements of a Justin Bieber concert, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
The jury was told he plotted to commit mass murder in an Islamic State-inspired vehicle attack.
Police investigated after he uploaded terror-related social media posts.
Gunton, from near Llantrisant, south Wales, was arrested after he uploaded social media content to photo-sharing social media site Instagram in late June 2017 which promoted jihad and supported al-Qaeda.
The former A-level student, who has an autism diagnosis, had published images of terrorists, as well as pictures of the so-called Islamic State flag, and photos encouraging a terrorist attack in Cardiff.
Police found the password for the account was "truck attack".
One post read: "May Allah bring terrorism to Cardiff on 30th June."
He had researched how to carry out a vehicle ramming attack and how to stab and kill and had also looked into the security arrangements of the Justin Bieber concert in Cardiff's Principality Stadium.
His internet history included searches for "Isis beheading video", "how to create a terror attack" and "what does getting shot feel like".
When arrested, the teenager was found with a gutting knife and a hammer in his school rucksack, and the "martyrdom letter" said he was a "soldier of the Islamic state" and "more attacks will follow".
He was found guilty of one charge of engaging in the preparation of a terrorist act, two charges of encouraging terrorism, and a further two charges of possessing terrorist information.

The judge said Gunton's diagnosis of autism made him "something of a loner and someone more easily impressed by the things you read on the internet".
"Yours is not a condition from which you will recover," said Judge Wall.
"It is important that, having been tempted to commit a serious offence such as this, you are under some form of supervision for the rest of your life."

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 3:09 pm

Millionaire killer jail sentence length appeal fails

Quote:
A self-styled "sugar daddy" who murdered an escort has failed in his bid to have his sentence reduced.

Multimillionaire Peter Morgan, 55, from Llanellen, Monmouthshire, strangled Georgina Symonds, 25, in January 2016.

His barrister Edward Fitzgerald QC told London's Appeal Court he had been treated too harshly.

But Lady Justice Hallett said Morgan's 25-year minimum term for enacting his "cold-blooded plan" was not "manifestly excessive".

At trial, Morgan told Newport Crown Court he had lost control after learning Ms Symonds was going to leave him, but jurors rejected his defence.

Morgan admitted killing her after officers traced her mobile phone to his farmhouse near Usk, Monmouthshire.

Despite saying "I done it" to police after arrest, he maintained he was not responsible for his actions due to Aspergers syndrome.

Throwing out his appeal, Lady Justice Hallett said judges accepted "there had been a background of severe provocation and that he had been seriously mistreated and blackmailed."

But, she added: "He put meticulous plans in place so as to escape the consequences of his actions. He didn't waver until it was too late.

"We are not persuaded that the sentence was in any way wrong in principle or manifestly excessive."

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 3:28 pm

League_Girl wrote:

Now? :?

Always have been.

What do you think Autism was called prior to the ~1950's?

Retardation. ret*d. ret*d.

And it's not factually incorrect terminology, either:

Quote:
re·tard
verb
riˈtärd/Submit
1. delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment.
"his progress was ret*d by his limp"
synonyms: delay, slow down, slow up, hold back, hold up, set back, postpone, put back, detain, decelerate; More

It's only become a politically incorrect word is all & words like "Autism," and phrases like "Pervasive Developmental Disorder," have replaced it in order to be nicer as well as more accurate as a variety of diagnoses have been more clearly understood and defined.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2018, 3:55 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Now? :?

Always have been.

What do you think Autism was called prior to the ~1950's?

Retardation. ret*d. ret*d.

And it's not factually incorrect terminology, either:

Quote:
re·tard
verb
riˈtärd/Submit
1. delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment.
"his progress was ret*d by his limp"
synonyms: delay, slow down, slow up, hold back, hold up, set back, postpone, put back, detain, decelerate; More

It's only become a politically incorrect word is all & words like "Autism," and phrases like "Pervasive Developmental Disorder," have replaced it in order to be nicer as well as more accurate as a variety of diagnoses have been more clearly understood and defined.

Exactly.