lordoflegions
Raven
Raven

10 May 2017, 3:47 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
lordoflegions wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
Thank you all for your lovely and highly educated comments about why animals shouldn't be neutered, it just proves why most humans are idiots and I hate them and they NEED to be castrated. :thumbdown:

Personally, I'm rather amused by how people screeching how we shouldn't neuter animals seem just fine with killing animals, either actively or passively.

Neutering bad. Killing good. Gotcha.

Another ignorant comment and a slanderous Lie.

I am a vegetarian.
Are you a vegetarian?
I don't believe we should neuter or kill animals. Let them roam free. Why should humans be allowed to overpopulate, but if animals overpopulate and overrun the city everyone freaks and panics? Let the animals have their rites.

Rights, not "rites."

And there's a host of problems with setting all of our pets "free." You're basically just letting them die passively as opposed to actively killing them.

It just reinforces my notion that animal "rights" people don't know much at all about animals and are more interested in being anti-human than pro-animal.

Nope.

I intentionally chose Rites.

Mizzlizard, explain to me this.

Why neuter a domesticated animal, if it has no female in the house with it.

And why castrate it. Why not neuter in some sane and civilized way?

Oh the answer is simple. The human race is insane.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 5:13 pm

lordoflegions wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
lordoflegions wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
Thank you all for your lovely and highly educated comments about why animals shouldn't be neutered, it just proves why most humans are idiots and I hate them and they NEED to be castrated. :thumbdown:

Personally, I'm rather amused by how people screeching how we shouldn't neuter animals seem just fine with killing animals, either actively or passively.

I am a vegetarian.
Are you a vegetarian?
I don't believe we should neuter or kill animals. Let them roam free. Why should humans be allowed to overpopulate, but if animals overpopulate and overrun the city everyone freaks and panics? Let the animals have their rites.

Rights, not "rites."

And there's a host of problems with setting all of our pets "free." You're basically just letting them die passively as opposed to actively killing them.

It just reinforces my notion that animal "rights" people don't know much at all about animals and are more interested in being anti-human than pro-animal.

Nope.

Simple: because you have absolutely no guarantee that that animal is never going to get out and have contact with a female.

And many pet owners own multiple pets.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 6:54 pm

Female animals menstruate (in the house) and go into heat (loudly, at night). The males are supposed to become aggressive and escape, whether or not they live with prospective mates.

I have never generally seen any uncommon messes or any animal go completely out of control, except when there is a competition. For instance, where they are bred, there is only one male, and a pecking order, between females -- mostly consisting of posturing.

Noone particularly neuters the racoons, rabbits, and squirrels, and (all liberal hypochondria aside) they find their dens, never to cause any realistic social problems, for us humans. As pets, you would spend money on a carpet shampoo and to get them sewn-up, occasionally, to be frank.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 4:26 am

female rats are particularly prone to hormonal tumors and so spaying them increases their quality of life. i have seen first hand how large and awful, an de immobilizing, mammary tumors can be. and the neurological, and then horrifically physical effect of pituitary tumors. it makes sense to spay the ladies.

and it made sense to neuter my outdoor cat, because who knows how many p*****s he came in contact with.

i'd say if there is a better reason to do it than not to do it, do it.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 7:49 am

lordoflegions wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
lordoflegions wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

I am a vegetarian.
Are you a vegetarian?

Rights, not "rites."

Nope.

If someone has a pet that never comes in contact with another then maybe not get them fixed.Thats not always an option,in rural areas dogs and cats usually run loose with no fence.In the 'burbs someone may leave a gate open or a cat shoot out the door.Some have a tendency to wander off looking for another male or female.Ive had male dogs show up here to visit my girls before they got fixed,they can smell a female for miles.Its also not safe for dogs to go wandering,there are some jerks that may not like a strange dog showing up in their yard.Or they could get onto a fight with another male over a female.This happened to my daughters little weinee dog,he got into it with a big dog over a female and was injured so badly he had to be put down.It was devastating to her.She was out of town when it happened and didn't get to say goodbye to her beloved dog.
I'm not sure if there is any method to castrate without removing the testicles.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 1:35 pm

There are pro's and con's.

But, I am not one to "fix" what is not broken.

I eat meat, only because I have to. I think I could make vegetarian food taste really good, and I would enjoy eating it, but it's an inefficient way support a large, muscular, active body.

I consider elective surgery a ghastly thing, and would tend to give animals, used for whichever purpose, as much dignity as possible.