AspergianMutantt
Veteran
Veteran

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 3:01 pm

AspergianMutantt wrote:

My hope for the pot issue is the incidence of alcohol related deaths, both deadly illness and automotive accidents, will diminish. Of course pot brings it's own problems, but they seem like nothing compared to the problems associated with alcohol consumption (much healthier for you and less debilitating).

On gun control laws the problem was governments didn't do a good comprehensive job in setting up guidelines. Now the problem is protecting our liberties against those who would deprive us of them, while attempting to correct the errs caused by this sloppy governing (due, I believe, to influence peddling).

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 1:31 am

ZenDen wrote:
AspergianMutantt wrote:

My hope for the pot issue is the incidence of alcohol related deaths, both deadly illness and automotive accidents, will diminish. Of course pot brings it's own problems, but they seem like nothing compared to the problems associated with alcohol consumption (much healthier for you and less debilitating).

On gun control laws the problem was governments didn't do a good comprehensive job in setting up guidelines. Now the problem is protecting our liberties against those who would deprive us of them, while attempting to correct the errs caused by this sloppy governing (due, I believe, to influence peddling).

The way to reduce alcohol use is through prevention and rehabilitation. Not by extending access to another brain damaging poison. A lot of lives will be ruined or at least damaged by the foolish decision to legalize this abominable substance.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 12:04 pm

yelekam wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
AspergianMutantt wrote:

The way to reduce alcohol use is through prevention and rehabilitation. Not by extending access to another brain damaging poison. A lot of lives will be ruined or at least damaged by the foolish decision to legalize this abominable substance.

You say:
The way to reduce alcohol use is through prevention and rehabilitation. Nope.

The way to reduce alcohol use should be through prevention and rehabilitation. But alcohol related deaths have stayed the same for about 6 or 7 years now. That's around 88,000 a year according to the CDC.

And now they know alcohol is directly related to an additional 20,000 Cancer deaths each year as well.

It's alcohol that should be made illegal.

You say marijuana is a " brain damaging poison." Prove it...facts don't back you up. According to the Drug Enforcement Administration: "Nobody has ever died from a marijuana overdose."

You say: "A lot of lives will be ruined or at least damaged by the foolish decision to legalize this abominable substance."

I can not argue there will not be some unfortunate consequences, however the lives saved through the diminishing of alcohol related poisonings, to say nothing about lives that might have been lost to prescription drug abuse (acknowledged by all health and law enforcement agencies as a major killer of kids...right behind alcohol) is more than enough reason to allow adults the choice of marijuana use.

Yes, there will be people that abuse marijuana...probably the kind of person that would abuse anything, given the opportunity. But there is no question; when given the choice between marijuana and alcohol use, marijuana is much more healthy for you.