Page 4 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 4:52 pm

Almost all the gay people I know are mentally ill and a number of them are aspies and autistic as well. I'm an aspies lesbian.

Also I've never had any issues with the gay community, probably because I'm not a dick lmao.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:57 pm

lidsmichelle wrote:
Almost all the gay people I know are mentally ill and a number of them are aspies and autistic as well. I'm an aspies lesbian.

Also I've never had any issues with the gay community, probably because I'm not a dick lmao.

Sometimes groups just turn against you because you don't conform to their standards which is what the OP is saying, it doesn't mean someone is a dick.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 1:38 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
lidsmichelle wrote:

Sometimes groups just turn against you because you don't conform to their standards which is what the OP is saying, it doesn't mean someone is a dick.

I mean OP is agreeing with transphobes so like... Lol. If the shoe fits.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 3:35 pm

lidsmichelle wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
lidsmichelle wrote:

I mean OP is agreeing with transphobes so like... Lol. If the shoe fits.

How?

This person is speaking from their own experience. What is wrong with that. I am not going to generalize, but in certain groups cultures can develop which people find it hard to fit in to. That is what I think the OP is saying.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 8:32 am

The LGBT community does seem hostile, and often, none moreso than wrong planet.
I don't need everyone to agree with me, and I'm interested to discuss differing views respectfully, but I do get sick of having to constantly defend and justify myself to people who call me mentally ill or screwed in the head, a liar, a fake, an attention seeker and other less polite things.
I have to hide who I am every day, and when I am honest about what I am, I get crap for it.
I accepted being this way was never going to be easy and most of the time I'm okay with that. But it is disappointing when you get hate from a community of people who are supposed to be your allies, and know what it's like to be different.
But honestly so much of the crap I get is from LGBT people. Biphobic gay people, and transphobic transgender people.
I've had straight up cis people who have never met a queer before in their lives do better with LGBT solidarity than some queers. Right now I'm sick of it.

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 4:15 pm

Generally speaking, I'd say that the Wrong Planet community is more hostile than the greater LGBTQ community. lol

--Aldous Huxley

dregj
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 May 2017, 8:33 am

try telling them you want trump to win
just before the us election

JLD
Toucan
Toucan

02 May 2017, 11:41 am

People are hostile to each other in general, that is a law.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 10:39 pm

I'm not even sure I'm in the LGBT community. I think my gay card has expired by now, and I'm not sure where to get it renewed. :lol:

('You've dropped your gay card!' Was a joke we used to tell at school in Britain in the 90s. It was supposed to annoy the person by suggesting they were gay. When I joined the LGBT society at university, they gave me a card which got me reduced entrance fees to a gay bar. This of course led to lots of 'you've dropped your gay card' jokes.)

Seriously, though - I've come to support the LGBT community more politically even though I've lived a straight life for a number of years. There are many parts of the world where it's still illegal, and many where it's a capital offence. Seeing Peter Tatchell give a talk at my students' union back in the day changed my whole perspective. The cliquishness on the scene didn't seem to matter as much.

That said, I do wish more bisexual people were out and talked about their experiences more, because I do think there's an epidemic of bad mental health among people of my persuasion. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately on why that is, but it's (mostly) not because the LGBT community is hostile to us. You get a lot of 'bi-activists' whose main focus seems to be whining about biphobia among the gay community and trying to get politicians and local authorities to use inclusive language. I think that's a waste of time. We need to talk about what it's like to actually live this stuff.

The 'bi-activists' seem to have really bought into the whole genderqueer thing, as well. I have a theory that genderqueer/queer theory/non-binary, etc are ways of politically neutering bisexual people because we tend to be a bit gender non-conformist as a group; it's a consequence of flitting between two worlds and seeing gender roles for what they are. The fact that we can do this in the heart of straightsville sets people on edge. We also don't play the gay social roles (like butch and femme, which are also based on gender ideology) - this confuses and annoys some gay people. The genderqueer label reassures people that we've accepted gender roles, even if we 'queer' them a bit - we haven't rejected them outright. Ever noticed how all the genderqueer and nonbinary people seem to be bi?

lordoflegions
Raven
Raven

08 May 2017, 6:27 pm

Lots of gays are drug addicts and vain narcissists so of course they are aholes.

That being said, the non drug addict gays can be nice and some of them are very polite.

My experience of lesbians is that most of them are bigots against mtf transgenders.

1027brianfm
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2017, 11:39 am

Being gay myself, I find there is a lot of "group think" in the community. There is a lot of "playing the victim" about everything. Personally, I think they have a bad PR problem. Now, there are always going to be haters and religious nutcases, you will never totally get rid of that. However, when most people see those pride parades and stuff like that they are laughing there ass's off because well... it looks ridiculous. I find some in the community like to shove there agenda in an obnoxious fashion. I think that is some of the problem of why the community is so hated.

Stampfigang
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 May 2017, 12:19 pm

1027brianfm wrote:
Being gay myself, I find there is a lot of "group think" in the community. There is a lot of "playing the victim" about everything. Personally, I think they have a bad PR problem. Now, there are always going to be haters and religious nutcases, you will never totally get rid of that. However, when most people see those pride parades and stuff like that they are laughing there ass's off because well... it looks ridiculous. I find some in the community like to shove there agenda in an obnoxious fashion. I think that is some of the problem of why the community is so hated.

Bad PR Problem? Strange wording if you ask me... You are right about the parade, there is a fair amount of people there who want to provoke the heteronormative people and shove their so called agenda into the straight people's faces. But you know what? It's not only that I dig that but I actually think straight people "deserve" that. As soon as I leave my appartment I get shoved the straight agenda in my face too, every day and not only when the straights have their parade (or maybe I should say every day is straight people parade if you know what I mean). It doesn't matter if I'm watching TV, seeing adds or if I'm just walking on the streets or talk to straight people, I get bombarded with the people promoting their lifestyle: be heterosexual, behave according to your gender role, wear the right clothes, reproduce, be monogamous... I take it it's pretty obvious by now that I'm gay too but especially the stuff about people demanding others to have children and to fit in (I'm talking about gender roles) is a pain in the ass for some straight people too. Ask women over 30 who don't have children yet or even plan to not have any. They get a lot of s**t and there is a lot of pressure on childless couples too. As if this is anybody's bussiness but their own... Have you ever noticed how lots of people don't have much else to talk about than their partner, their kids, their job and building a house? If they are happy there is nothing I would have to complain about and I'm happy if they get what they want. But when I see how a lot of marriages end and how bad a lot of kids are raised I wonder if all of those people really thought about the option of having a different lifestyle. And I'm not talking about their sexual preferences here, as we all know that is not something you can choose, but about their concept of life. As far as I can tell a lot of people (and I think that is what you are refering to, too) can at least pretend they don't have a problem with queers as long as we fit in and play the same game of trying to have a successful business career, build a house, get married and what not. Even if I were straight I'd have a a problem with that and to be honest I also don't feel at home with the LGBT people who share those standards, mainly because I get the same pressure to fit the f**k in that I get from some straight people (and yes, I somewhat consider that conservative or whatever you wanna call it part from the LGBT community as hostile at least if they pressure me to be something that I am just not). Considering I have to deal with that every day I think the straight people or conservative LGBT people can actually take a day of shoving some other agenda in their face too. And if not it's actually not my problem.

Edit: And about playing the victim: I have to say it's always kinda funny to hear something like that, especially when it comes from the same people (and with same people I'm making a general statement about people hating on the gay parades, not on the person I quoted) who are not able to take one single day a year of open queer lifestyle themselfes without feeling threatened or offended. Makes me wonder who likes to play the victim here.

Capulet
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 May 2017, 12:17 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
thatsrobrageous wrote:
As a gay man, I feel like I cannot share my opinion with a good portion of the LGBT community without being scorned at. Seems like everyone has to be political and internalize stereotypes to be considered a good member of the LGBT community. What happened to the definition of Community? I thought people could try to get along and stick together. I'm embarrassed it is currently hostile and I did not want to go to gay clubs this weekend because of the frequent fear blown out of proportion to the point of shunning anyone without second thought.

Despite succeeding on marriage equality, nondiscrimination and hate-crime protections, too many LGBT people still "eat their own" by abusing each other, particularly those who don't comply with their expectations of conformity (political, social and professional). "Diverse and inclusive," my ass. They are now, too often, the abusers not the victims.

As an LGBT advocate for 35 years, I hate to admit it, but it might take a generation or more for LGBT people to grow up.

Its very satisfying to see this- I agree with all of this but have felt very alone in my opinions. I want LGBT people to be kind and open and accepting and welcoming so badly (I'm gay myself) yet in my personal experience they have been extremely petty, condescending, entitled, and I want nothing to do with any of that. It really sucks. I feel like its a recent development too- from where I'm at the past ten years its gotten really bad. I have a theory as to why this is but I don't have time to get into it now.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jun 2017, 3:50 pm

Well, at least LGBT community acknowledges your existence... ace people are often totally excluded. Internet is full of bitter comments of aces, like recently Equinox released a video of a LGBT alphabet with no single mention of asexuals. Maybe people put us alongside plants and mushrooms somewhere... ;)
I hope to see some aces at my local Pride soon.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2017, 4:41 am

^ That may be so of some groups, but others fully acknowledge that aces are part of the spectrum of alternative orientations. I tend to see that while many sexualities and gender orientations get outright hate - indeed, someone here just made a whole topic about how anything LGBT is "filth," aces seem to get dismissed - you've got a hormonal imbalance, you're really gay and in denial, you must have been abused, you just haven't met the right partner, etc. Basically saying that asexuality isn't real, and there is some other explanation that they can like better.

HoneyB33
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jun 2017, 3:56 pm

Wow do I really agree with this post.

I feel like it's gotten extremely bad in the last 5 years or so. I've walked out on a date because the person was jumping all over my "incorrect" wording. I just got sick of it. I'm perfectly capable and willing to learn and be supportive of people, esp queer individuals. But oh how tired I am of being treated like I (a gender-queer lesbian) am now your enemy? Simply because I didn't say one word right? And esp being autistic, I can't STAND ppl cutting me off mid-sentense. After about 5 times, I got up and left.

I can't stand how entitled, self-centered, and controlling the queer community have become. You have EVERY right to fight for what you deserve, you do NOT have the right to shove your crap down other ppl's throats in hatred. Isn't that what was done to you in the first place? Isn't that why this fight began?

And honestly, I think a lot of queer people want to have an issue. I do not at all deny that there is a very real struggle going on for a LOT of people. But I have seen too many individuals who play at being a victim, and I'm sick of it. There are real people suffering, and just acting like you're one of them to get what you want? That's beyond selfish and entitled.