Stick To Your Principles (And Never Apologize)

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

d057
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 8:11 pm

I wrote a post in response to the 2016 United States presidential election.

"The events of this week are not going to stop me from sticking to my principles of not allowing people to hinder my right to be who I am. That does not go without saying that our nation has increased the potential for some very dark times. The only thing we can do about that is to keep fighting."

https://dwarren57.wordpress.com/2016/11/11/sticktoyourprincipalsandneverapologize/

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Nov 2016, 3:37 am

Excellent!

I don't think your new Prez can afford to be as homophobic as some of his supporters would wish him to be. It's like that wall he said he'd build between the US and Mexico - the chances of that actually happening are beyond slim!

One can hardly go backwards and destroy progress which has already been made, in order to satisfy a few rural extremists who want to dictate their wishes to the whole country...

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Amaltheia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Nov 2016, 4:29 am

envirozentinel wrote:
I don't think your new Prez can afford to be as homophobic as some of his supporters would wish him to be.

Well, given this is the guy who said at the Republican National Convention:

Donald Trump wrote:
Only weeks ago in Orlando, Florida, 49 wonderful Americans were savagely murdered by terrorists.

As your president I will do everything in my power to protect LGBTQ citizens.

[big cheer from Convention crowd]

I must say, as a Republican it’s so nice to hear you cheering for what I just said.

That marked a significant change in Republican party policy — being overtly pro gay rights and the convention crowd cheering that fact.

Trump has also come out and said the question of same-sex marriage is "settled," and he's okay with that.

Not really sure where all the fear is coming from.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 4:14 pm

Amaltheia wrote:
Donald Trump wrote:
Only weeks ago in Orlando, Florida, 49 wonderful Americans were savagely murdered by terrorists.

As your president I will do everything in my power to protect LGBTQ citizens.

That marked a significant change in Republican party policy — being overtly pro gay rights

Committing to protect people from violence is very different from overtly endorsing their rights. Protection from violence is a very basic right, far less controversial than other "gay rights" like adoption and marriage rights.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 6:52 pm

Trump and his anti-gay administration may make me stay North of the border for the next 4-8 years. I live about 10 miles North of the border so it's quite common for people to cross into Washington state. I went twice over the holidays to pick up Christmas presents ordered online, but hadn't been for ~2 years before that. If they go ahead and legalize discrimination against LGBT people under the BS guise of "religious freedom," then I am going to stick to my principles and not spend one single moment, or red cent, in your country for as long as that continues. I cannot support your federal politicians ideals of legalized hate and discrimination.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Jan 2017, 12:56 am

He hasn't even become President yet - wait and see what he does. He doesn't seem to have any personal agenda against LGBT or want to undo any progressive LGBT legislation. Would he buckle to pressure from his veep or others? Much as I dislike the new US prez he seems an independent thinker who won't be dictated to by anti-gay colleagues.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2017, 11:15 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
He hasn't even become President yet - wait and see what he does. He doesn't seem to have any personal agenda against LGBT or want to undo any progressive LGBT legislation. Would he buckle to pressure from his veep or others? Much as I dislike the new US prez he seems an independent thinker who won't be dictated to by anti-gay colleagues.

..except for that whole republican bill, that the donald says he intends to sign into law, aimed at creating legalized homophobic discrimination in the name of "religious freedom" which could go as scarily wrong as the anti-gay laws enacted in Russia in ~2014. There's that.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2017, 9:31 am

envirozentinel wrote:

His vice president I heard is very anti gay though so we will see. Also I would suggest dressing in funeral attire on inauguration day o-o