Clinton Could Become President Elect Dec 19th

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 9:14 pm

The one scenario that could still get Hillary into the White House.

Quote:
According to the Constitution, chosen electors of the Electoral College are the real people who will vote for president, when they meet on Dec. 19 in their respective state capitals.

However, there is technically nothing stopping any of the electors from voting their conscience and refusing to support the candidate to whom they were bound, or from abstaining from voting altogether.

There’s even a name for it: becoming a “faithless elector.”

http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/the-one-sc ... ite-house/

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Nov 2016, 9:26 pm

It's not going to happen.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 9:27 pm

Electors are picked by their parties, so you have to convince mostly religious, conservatives to vote for pro-abortion Clinton. They see her as a child murderer.

Trump is giving them an anti-abortion/anti-LGBT SCOTUS pick, and possibly many more.

LadyRocketRide
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2016, 9:30 pm

Wishful thinking on the losers' part. Trump won...get over it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 10:23 pm

I just wasn't fully aware of this until a friend emailed me and pointed it out. It's just such a goofy system to me. And remember they said it's not going to happen about Trump winning. At this point anything seems possible, no matter how unlikely.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 7:28 am

The United States is NOT a democracy. It is an Oligarchy. If you are not a member of the Oligarchy, then your vote means nothing. Which is the reason that Trump despite the fact that the majority of Americans voted against him, will still become president, the same way the last Republican dictator George W Bush became president.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 8:44 am

Trump got 47% of the popular vote. Clinton got 48% of the popular vote. 1% hardly qualifies as the majority of Americans.

This is what a fact looks like:

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 9:12 am

EzraS wrote:
I just wasn't fully aware of this until a friend emailed me and pointed it out. It's just such a goofy system to me. And remember they said it's not going to happen about Trump winning. At this point anything seems possible, no matter how unlikely.

Legally possible, only. The electors are selected from the party of the individual they are pledged to elect. A "faithless" elector would soon become persona non grata in his own party.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 10:15 am

Too much to hope for, we're doomed. :(

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 12:15 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Electors are picked by their parties, so you have to convince mostly religious, conservatives to vote for pro-abortion Clinton. They see her as a child murderer.

Trump is giving them an anti-abortion/anti-LGBT SCOTUS pick, and possibly many more.

She is a child murderer, a mass child murderer. Her help with the sanctions on Iraq killed hundreds of thousands of children, then all the other wars she voted for and helped beat the drums for and all the children that were killed via those wars.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 7:43 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

She is a child murderer, a mass child murderer. Her help with the sanctions on Iraq killed hundreds of thousands of children, then all the other wars she voted for and helped beat the drums for and all the children that were killed via those wars.

The Simon Wiesenthal Center’s Rabbi Marvin Hier, dean and founder, and Associate Dean Rabbi Abraham Cooper praised Trump’s stated policy on Jerusalem. “We are buoyed by Donald Trump’s unambiguous commitment to a strong and safe democratic Israel and his recognition of Jerusalem as its eternal and undivided capital,” they said.
https://www.algemeiner.com/2016/11/10/t ... an-groups/

Happy hannukah :lol:

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Nov 2016, 7:47 pm

What is that supposed to imply?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 8:38 pm

Jacoby wrote:

A private joke between John and myself

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 4:00 pm

I think American History doesn't know what to do with itself anymore. It's running out of ideas so the only way it can keep going is to dig deeper into this oligarchy story arc. The novelty of the first black president is no longer appealing so let's try an oligarch vs a bigger oligarch. Welcome to America's seasonal rot. Our country will be cancelled soon.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 4:15 pm

Quote:
Clinton Could Become President Elect Dec 19th

This is why I've been holding my breath for nearly a week, now----and, will continue to hold it, until January 20th.

Also, after the Electors vote, the Senate (or, the House----I forget which) counts the Elector's votes, on January 3rd (IIRC)----so, that's TWO places where some "funny business", could take place.

As for the Electors not changing the Republican win, because they're Republican Electors----remember, not ALL Republicans LIKE PE Trump; and, with all the protesting, somebody (or, somebodies) might think they're doing the right thing by NOT voting for PE Trump, because they see so many Americans being upset, by it. It seems to me the chances of that happening are slim----BUT, there IS a chance.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 6:11 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

A private joke between John and myself

On a forum?

You realise all the candidates have to suck up to Israel as much as possible to get somewhere? Ron Paul and Jill Stein did the opposite and it got them nowhere. Bernie Sanders wouldn't be as popular if he wasn't a Zionist.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"