Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 11:06 pm

LanguageMeterScholar wrote:
I'm sorry to make you depressed. It wasn't my intention. I'm just really interested in science explaining autism and mental illness. I want an explanation and I'm not satisfied by the answers in the literature.

you did not depress me, my friend :flower: there are always greater answers.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 11:51 pm

I seem to be too. It makes me extra cautious around people and I try to spot manipulative behavior. I also carry a weapon.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 11:57 pm

AFAIC, people telling me, "just stop being a victim!" are sociopathic.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 12:04 am

auntblabby wrote:
hypertypicals=bullies?

That sounds about right. Take my mum for example.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 1:12 am

auntblabby wrote:

I agree. I mean, if they really want you to stop being a victim then why don't they tell you how not to be a victim instead?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2016, 1:21 am

slw1990 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I agree. I mean, if they really want you to stop being a victim then why don't they tell you how not to be a victim instead?

when those sociopaths say such things they are doing 3 things-
1] they are mocking you-
2]they are putting themselves above you by putting you further down-
3] they are expressing their bourgeois horatio alger prejudices, IOW "if you're struggling it's only because you aren't trying hard enough."

Last edited by auntblabby on 14 Nov 2016, 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

14 Nov 2016, 2:42 am

I have learned that from figuring out other people being narcisisstic, to a narcissist, and at the far end a sociopath comes fairly quickly for me. They look for a co- dependant attitude, and play people for supply. Many things attract them to certain people. Like a magnet constantly looking for a target. I disassociate myself as quickly as I figure it out. If I need something, I get what I need, and get the hell out of there. Sometimes I reflect the personafication of themselves. I call it reflective imaging. They actually believe I am like them. It gets pritty dark and dirty. It is just mimicking really. It is the easiest way to figure them out. Most teenagers are a classic narcissistic person. Easy to read, easy to fool. It's good practice. I always hope they grow out of it. I have been around soo many bad people in my life, that reading these people, and figuring them out as quickly as possible has been an extremely difficult, and rewarding learning curve. It usually goes from best to worst. Disassociate after best is usually a great idea. Use them before they get their talons on you.

It is not just you. It is not because you are autistic. It is because you give them supply somehow. Maybe you give emotional reactions. Maybe they see an awkwardness to pick at. Maybe you are naturally low on a narcisstic scale so to speak. Maybe you have been abused, and take it. Maybe you have a co-dependant attitude.

Under these circumstances it is good to act stone cold, work on a good poker face, and keep it. If you let them know what you are thinking, they will attack, and manipulate.

Best way I can describe things. Hope it helps. My special interest as an auto mechanic has made me deal with some of the worst blue collar narcs, and socios you would never want to be around, or work next to, or for. My punishment for being me. Sometimes I have worked next to multiple individuals like this for years. For money. It really screwed my head up a few times, and took a long time to straighten it out again. Sometimes you end up not even knowing what you are until you are away from it for quite some time. Suprising I have not ended up doing myself in, or winding up in prison. I am thankful that I am masterful enough to not have to work for, or next to these people anymore. I really can't.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 9:09 am

Read "Do You Know Who I Am?" by Dr. Ramani Durvasula. This book will change your life. If you're not the reader type, watch her You Tubes. You won't be sorry.

GonHunter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Oct 2019, 10:18 am

yes, you're right, i can only attract people like that too. But when I'm looking for the person, she is very cool. Funny how we have nothing similar to people like that