Good, cheap place to study Aerospace Engineering?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Sandwichpowers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2016, 3:42 pm

My dream in life is to design spacecrafts and other astronautical machines. I come from a very poor family and have around $28,000 in college savings that I inherited from my grandparents, which is not nearly enough to go to any university in America which offers such courses, let alone cover the cost of living. I want to avoid student debt at all costs while pursuing at least a Master's, hopefully a Doctorate. I'm willing to go anywhere in the world, learn any language, and live as cheaply as possible, using my savings to supplement cost of living. I've looked into Iceland and Norway; neither of them offer any courses I'm interested in, plus the cost of living is insanely high, and there's virtually no housing. I've also looked into Germany and somewhat Austria but haven't done as much research yet. Any ideas would be very appreciated.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 4:11 pm

http://www.academyadmissions.com/admiss ... minations/

US Air Force Academy. I guy I knew not only went there, but he got to fly F16s!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2016, 7:34 am

You might be able to get a scholarship. They're certainly keen to get more girls into STEM fields such as aerospace so ask around.

Ask many people. Ask your teachers, ask your school counsilors, ask at the universities, ask everyone if they know of any scholarships you can apply for.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 10:49 am

Virginia Tech has an amazing Aerospace department. I believe ALL of their students are being paid to go there up through their doctorates and then are guaranteed jobs afterward. I would call and ask to talk to someone.