Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2016, 7:59 am

It's seems that the GAD. Is becoming more and more inactive as the days pass. I'm quite concerned, for this is one of the only social interactions, I participate in. Other than going to school.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2016, 6:58 pm

I mostly stay in the Random Discussion/Game Section anyway, and it seems to be quite active there.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2016, 7:39 pm

Pieplup wrote:
It's seems that the GAD. Is becoming more and more inactive as the days pass. I'm quite concerned, for this is one of the only social interactions, I participate in. Other than going to school.

Nah, not dying. Broaden your horizons, my friend :)
Try our Random or the Video Games section

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 2:32 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
Pieplup wrote:

Nah, not dying. Broaden your horizons, my friend :)
Try our Random or the Video Games section

Actually, he's right. There's only one thread in GAD that's been posted in, in the last few minutes and half the threads on the first page are from yesterday. GAD is normally the most active subforum, so it seems like the site is less active than it usually is.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 3:22 pm

I feel it has fizzled a bit. Sometimes when I go on to the GAD (after not visiting for about a day) it's still the same threads in the same places as it was the last time I checked (except for one or two threads that may have had a few replies added since).

I do like the random discussion, but all the "what are you eating now?" (etc) threads take up half the first page. I prefer more topical discussions, not just thousands of pages of one-word posts in threads.

I stay away from PPR because I'm so bored of hearing about Trump and what a oh-so-terrible person he is.

The video games forum is threads mostly about video games I'm not interested in, and the film and television thread is often uninteresting to me too because it's just about films like Star Wars, or television programmes like Big Bang Theory. There are more members from USA than UK, and if I'm honest I do not like American humour.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 3:33 pm

Its a quiet spell, it happens with WP, IMO the election has put people off posting, and the constant glitches...

The PPR section has the active conversations, though the random/off the wall section is probably more sociable :) The Haven seems to be busy too, not surprising really.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Nov 2016, 11:27 pm

Maybe it's not as active because of the ThanxGiving holiday. People could be off work or busy with family stuff for the week.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2016, 1:20 am

Yeah, it's the holidays. Give it a few weeks.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 12:46 pm

It hasn't been that active for a long time. Back in 2010 when I was first here, the forum was very active.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 5:41 pm

It's active as long as we're all around to keep it active, in the right sense.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 6:12 pm

The way things are these days regarding this type of forum becoming less and less popular, WP is doing remarkably well.

Hope you're recovering well :)

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

16 Dec 2017, 11:39 am

Nah, WP is not dying.
Members come and go, but there are still loads of us here to keep it alive. ^^

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 12:05 pm

Social media is the go to place for anything these days. WP and forums might get less traffic, but there will probably always be a place for forums even as a niche interest. They have been predicting the end of radio and going out to the movies since TV first started in the 1940’s, then VCR was suppposed end those forms of entertainment, then Computers, and now social media.

Forum and smaller forums are better for multitasking challenged people as many Autistics are. They give you time to think before you respond.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 5:43 pm

It isn't as active as it used to be a few years ago.

I do search other subforums here besides the GAD, but I keep away from the politics and religion one because I just get called racist because of my cockney British opinions.
The games and video forum is boring, as it's all Minecraft, and the television film and video is boring too because it's all Star Wars or Doctor Who or American comedy sitcoms. I absolutely hate Star Wars or My Little Ponies or Pokemon or Lord of the Rings or superhero movies.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2018, 8:18 pm

I consider the heyday to have been 2004-early 2008.

These days, it seems like any thread that isn't about Nice Guys(TM) is ignored.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 8:18 pm

Since the time the OP posted in November of last year, activity has decreased significantly, so I would say the answer is, yes WP is dying.