"Social Interaction Trainer" game with edgy autism jokes

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 1:10 pm

Seriously, who wouldn't oogle breasts like that?

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 11:31 pm

Quote:
since when can society not handle what is clearly meant as humor?

Since forever? There's a quote from George Carlin that I really like: “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” On the internet, this is greatly exaggerated. And the general tend towards tribalism increases tenfold here; so many people can barely manage to actually think for themselves, instead preferring to let the herd do it for them. Those sorts of comments (or entire games, in most cases) just inflame that... idiots hear it and feel "justified" because others are saying it. It's outright pathetic, but that's how people think.

Besides, I dont think this one is just humor. I've been on the Net since there's BEEN a Net, and I know intentional damaging speech when I see it at this point... I've seen so much of it. There's no way that the developer DIDNT know about all of the general hate towards autistic that floods the internet these days... yet the moron actually made something like this, in the tone that it's filled with. He's either full of that same prejudice, or a true fool indeed. Not that it matters, the damage is done either way. This is someone that shouldnt be making games, or much of anything else.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2017, 5:53 am

That's so true Misery.

I'm getting sick and tired of the offensive Autism jokes on Reddit, and this is someone who is difficult to offend and usually very pro freedom of speech.

People will literally bring it up unnecessarily to have a go at Autism, e.g.

"I wanted to go talk to my classmate today and get her number, but I was too Autistic to get her number."

or

"Why doesn't he have a girlfriend yet? That guy is very good looking, confident and successful?"

"Because he's Autistic af with the ladies."