Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 10:02 pm

lately it seems like i'm being haunted by a distinct smell of exhaust fumes. until today i thought it was probably something real that i'm oversensitive to (which would explain why no one else can smell it. it does happen with high-pitched sounds for instance). "maybe air pollution has become more significant here or something"

but today i noticed that i could smell it even in the shower. it's not real. maybe some chemical did trigger it at some point, but by now it's just my nose and my brain. i'm hoping that it will go away once the current stressors i've been facing are gone (i think it will. it's not the first time i have trouble with this phantom smell). it's really weird though, because it's not constant. it really feels like it's a real smell in the air

have you ever experienced something similar yourself?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 10:07 pm

Mmmm.

Should I mention my phantom cats again? :mrgreen:

Weird how stress can make your senses short circuit.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 10:14 pm

yeah... i'm not seeing phantom cats or fruit flies this time though. it almost feels like by coping with it differently (i'm very aware of what exactly is stressing me, and i know that there's not much i can do about it) i end up having different sensory symptoms. or maybe it's just something physiological that's different. i guess i'll never know

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 10:28 pm

I get them before I'm about to have a migraine. Smells like a combination of exhaust fumes and blood.