Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

GreyFriar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2016, 4:28 pm

I have Aspergers and have been suffering from long-term Anxiety & Depression for over 5 years now.
I am currently taking the following medications for around 4-6 weeks;

75mg x 4 p/d Quetiapine
40mg x 2 p/d Propranolol
40mg x 1 p/d Escitalopram
15mg x 1 p/d Mirtazipine
7.5mgx 1 p/d Zopiclone

Does anyone else have experience of these medications at a similar quantity etc? If so, what effects would you consider had these had?

I'm not entirely sure what to make of them, let alone the chemical effects of the brain. However, I can say that they are making some difference to how anxious I am. My moods tend to be fairly low still.

MurdersRow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2016, 3:30 pm

Think herbal - no way I'm putting any of that pharmaceutical poison in me.

woops
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Dec 2016, 10:05 pm

Propranolol really helps anxiety, specifically the physical symptoms. I take a similar dose but find it probably also causes some fatigue/depression - I intend to try pindolol instead at some point.
Zopiclone: rapid loss of consciousness, metallic taste/smell, addiction!
Mirtazipine: increased appetite, drowsiness, dizziness. Can be good with other antidepressants not so much on its own. Also, seemed to have nasty withdrawal effects. 15mg is a low dose though - I took 45mg, I think

It's a pretty sedating combo so possibly is helping with anxiety more than depression. Pregabalin helps my anxiety the most (but turns me into a total zombie) :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Dec 2016, 11:06 pm

I took all those meds but not all at the same time. Quetiapine made me tired. I take Propranolol for a tremor disorder & I haven't noticed any effects on my anxiety but I know it helps anxiety for some people. Escitalopram was the antidepressant I was on the most. It may of helped my depression some but I didn't feel truly better till I quit it. My girlfriend tried Escitalopram & it may of helped her depression but it made her anxiety worse. Mirtazipine made me really tired & hungry. I'd wake up & eat, go back to sleep an hour or so later, wake up after a couple hours & eat another meal & the cycle would repeat. Zopiclone does help me fall asleep but only alittle bit.

I take the med Buspar for my anxiety & it helps alot without side-effects. What I like about Buspar is that it's specially for anxiety instead of being an antidepressant or a sedative like benzodiazepines. Like antidepressants & other non benzo psych meds, Buspar has to be taken regularly for a while to notice it's full effect. Buspar can be taken with antidepressants & benzos & lots of other psych meds including all the 1s your on.
I wonder if your taking Zopiclone daily. It's meant to only be used occasionally. You could try the med Trazodone instead. It's an antidepressant that's used more for insomnia than depression. It's the only antidepressant in it's class so it might be able to be taken with your other psych meds but I'm not sure. I take it at bedtime ever night for problems sleeping & a minor depression.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 1:27 am

I took quetiapine XR every night before bed. I put on 30kgs in six months. The doctor said I could stop it if I had no problems with getting to sleep, which I didn't. So I stopped taking it. Now I can't seem to lose the weight. That may be either my diet or the fact that I'm taking lithium, also noted for weight gain.