Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 5:53 pm

^ I'm old fashioned I guess because I think they should institute uniforms in school. EVERYONE wears the same thing every day. No excuses.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 5:56 pm

^What if you are physically sensitive to the uniforms and can't stand them [like the ones at my high school]?

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Ennui0001
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2016, 6:26 pm

I wear blue or black jeans and t-shirts every day, I have about 15 t-shirts with sayings or pictures on them, all black, blue, or gray. I even got one as a gift that says "You read my t-shirt, that's enough social interaction for today". When it gets colder I put a thermal or cotton long sleeved shirt with thumb holes under it. I have a pair of sneakers for warm months that my mom got for me for my birthday and a pair of doc marten boots for colder months. I have other shoes and clothes, much of it given to me by my friends or my mom, that I don't wear.
I work out of my house and usually keep the house colder and wear a soft fleece balaclava (usually over just-showered wet hair), arm warmers, and fleece socks while working. There's something about wearing hoods that I find comforting, and bundling up even in the house.

iCANTthinkOFaNAME
Raven
Raven

30 Nov 2016, 6:55 pm

Thanks so much for your awesome replies! I'm semi-relieved some of you guys do similar stuff and understand! Steve Jobs is a lad >:')

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 11:39 am

I had my own little "uniform" when I was in school: a turtleneck and matching color leggings with sneakers. My school didn't have an official uniform. I insisted on wearing the same set every Monday (pink flowers), and then blue flowers on Tuesdays, and so on.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 1:04 pm

I tend to wear the same clothes because it's easier and not overwhelming to decide what to wear. I have many clothes I don't even wear. My mom used to pick my clothes out for me before school. Now I don't have to worry about it because no one will notice I am wearing the same outfits and I have already worn out some of my pants already so I had to get rid of them because they wouldn't stay up and I do not like things loose around my bottom or the feeling of my pants drooping.

As a child I would have worn the same outfits but my mom wouldn't allow it and when I was doing it because my mom wasn't around and my dad didn't enforce any dress codes, I was starting to get flack for it in school so I quit doing it as a kid. Wearing a same outfit in the same week was considered wearing the same clothes. I had to learn the hard way.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

BlankReg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Dec 2016, 1:43 pm

I too went through a stage where I bought six identical outfits for the work week (one extra in case I didn't get to do wash over the weekend): Black khakis, black long-sleeved button-down shirt, black socks, black shoes...even black underwear. You'd be surprised (or maybe not) how difficult it can be to get matching shades of black clothes.

I think it is a reaction to when I was growing up my mother put a lot of energy and money (the latter of which she didn't have much) into putting me in "nice" clothes which always felt like torture to me. This was back in the 1960s when children's clothing (especially dress clothing) wasn't built for comfort AT ALL. I remember Easter and Christmas being nightmarish when we visited relatives-- scratching, itching, restless, constrained, and damned to sit in the outfit for hours. Ugh! I can still remember how horrible it all was! I still can't stand most wool clothing.

Diagnosed at 51.

"In theory, theory is the same as practice; but in practice it isn't." -- Anonymous Bosch

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2016, 1:49 pm

So true about how children's clothes in the 60's were not built for comfort! Scratchy, nasty fabrics, not very good styling, shaping, etc. It was a nightmare to be dressed in that era by a parent who was oblivious to what you were trying to tell them about that clothing.

aspieff14
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Dec 2016, 3:15 am

The plus to wearing a uniform for work I don't have to decide what to wear.

At home I wear t shirt, a hoodie (on colder days), a ball cap and blue jeans, pretty much the same thing every day.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 127 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 87 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Zenguy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Dec 2016, 7:52 am

My daughter (11) and I are both Aspies. She wears mostly the same clothes and underwear all the time. I understand this but her mother (we are separated) could not and tried to force her to change which caused real issues between them. My reaction was to fink out what knickers she preferred (black M&S bikini) and go but a dozen pairs - now its no longer a problem, I buy her similar clothes in black (all she will wear at the moment) and hygene is no longer an issue. I tend to like the same thing too so if I find jeans I like I but multiple pairs same with shirts etc, everything I own is blue grey or black.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Dec 2016, 12:51 am

I usually wear the same type of cloths everyday. I change my cloths when I shower but I put on clean cloths that's the same as what i was wearing.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 1:03 am

I wear a bathrobe with an old corduroy shirt atop it, in the colder months. also hospital scrub bottoms and thick socks. on excursions, i'll wear either an all black outfit [black tanktop, black dress slacks] or a khaki pants/gray tank top combo in the summer. and underwear MUST be briefs, I can't stand boxers!

neurotypicalET
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2016, 1:30 am

Being in a tropical country I usually wear t-shirt(black/dull colors preferably)...cargo shorts which I wear for a week without changing & sandals this is my work/going to work uniform...at home I only wear boxers...

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 2:25 am

I also wear outfits repeatedly for extended periods of time. My wardrobe is small but I do rotate my preferred clothing. I also sleep in my normal clothing, I do not have "sleepwear".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 2:41 am

I sleep in the same birthday suit every night :alien:

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 4:45 am

auntblabby wrote:
I sleep in the same birthday suit every night :alien:

An outdoorsman eh? You are into pitching a tent then. :jester: