So when does being a 'leftist' become a crime?

Page 1 of 11 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 2:56 pm

I mean I realize every single problem in this country is caused by the left, even anything inappropriate a trump supporter does must be a hired Hillary supporter posing as a trump supporter. No one on the right can do any wrong, they're all righteous and true americans, un-like the good for nothing entitled liberal scum dregs ruining our 'western' values.

So what should be done with this internal 'enemy' the left?

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 3:21 pm

I think the right will try and shoot you, they love their guns.

They will turn on each other soon, just ride it out.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 3:24 pm

/\Some "leftists" are armed.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 3:34 pm

Misslizard wrote:
/\Some "leftists" are armed.

Some people might prefer armed targets....makes it more exciting.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 3:45 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
I think the right will try and shoot you, they love their guns.

They will turn on each other soon, just ride it out.

If it got to that point, I imagine we'd be dealing with a civil war and/or post apocalyptic sort of senerio. In which case me and some others will likely build up some kind of stronghold. So they might have a hard time of that, they'd have to scale the wall.

Amaltheia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2016, 4:32 pm

Depends which direction you're coming at it from.

From a right point of view, "Leftists" have always been problematic because they don't subscribe to all the same moral foundations as conservatives do.

That is, Jonathan Haidt identifies five moral foundations:
1. Care — protecting and helping others;
2. Fairness — treating everyone equally according to shared rules;
3. Loyalty — standing by your group;
4. Respect for Authority — abiding by tradition and submitting to legitimate authority;
5. Sanctity — abhorrence of disgusting objects or activities.

"Leftists" are generally strong in the fist two — Care and Fairness — but weak in the other three. Conservatives tend to be about equal in all five. This means, from a conservative point of view, "Leftists" are suspicious because they lack Loyalty, Respect for Authority, and Sanctity, meaning they're likely to engage in betrayal, subversion and have 'dirty' practices (usually related to sex).

From a left point of view, "Leftists" abandoned actually trying to change anything in favor of symbolic gestures and triangulation. So "Leftists" are big on policing language — caring more about the words people use than the actions they take and the policies they promote — and identity politics — arguing that people should support Hillary Clinton just so she could become the first woman president, ignoring her warmongering, influence peddling, and disdain for those economically worse off.

So, from a right perspective: "Leftists" have always been somewhat suspicious, occasionally descending into criminal.
And, from a left perspective: "Leftists" became, if not criminal then something to no longer support, when they decided that actually helping people and trying to improve their lot was no longer a priority.

Last edited by Amaltheia on 29 Nov 2016, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 4:40 pm

Whatever dude.

I'm joining Sweetleaf's group and living in a fort, sounds fun.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 5:53 pm

Those last three on the list of moral foundations are hilarious.So we are all traitorous, subversive sex fiends?LOL
Thanks for the laugh.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 6:02 pm

Welcome to my world.

Amaltheia
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2016, 6:22 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Those last three on the list of moral foundations are hilarious.So we are all traitorous, subversive sex fiends?LOL
Thanks for the laugh.

Those on the left are weak on Loyalty, Respect for Authority, and Sanctity compared to conservatives. That doesn't mean they are completely lacking in them.

What this means is that if there's a conflict between, say, Care and Loyalty — giving food to a starving enemy soldier, for example — those on the left will tend towards Care, arguing that compassion trumps tribal affiliation. Those on the right will generally go with Loyalty, arguing that helping an enemy of the group is indirectly harming other members of the group. However, both those on the left and the right have Care and Loyalty; they just weight them differently, and so tend to resolve the conflict between them differently.

Many on the left also have as strong sense of Sanctity as anyone on the right; only they tend to apply it to food rather than sex.

It can get rather complicated.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 6:31 pm

Violating the constitution is treason and a crime. Many politicians on the left are guilty of this as well as violating their oaths and should be punished according to us treason laws. Not that it'll happen.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 6:33 pm

Actually lots of people on the right are the most dirtiest when it comes to sex they just keep it secret

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 6:56 pm

sly279 wrote:
Actually lots of people on the right are the most dirtiest when it comes to sex they just keep it secret

Especially televangelists. :D

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 7:10 pm

Amaltheia wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Thanks for the laugh.

Those on the left are weak on Loyalty, Respect for Authority, and Sanctity compared to conservatives. That doesn't mean they are completely lacking in them.

What this means is that if there's a conflict between, say, Care and Loyalty — giving food to a starving enemy soldier, for example — those on the left will tend towards Care, arguing that compassion trumps tribal affiliation. Those on the right will generally go with Loyalty, arguing that helping an enemy of the group is indirectly harming other members of the group. However, both those on the left and the right have Care and Loyalty; they just weight them differently, and so tend to resolve the conflict between them differently.

Many on the left also have as strong sense of Sanctity as anyone on the right; only they tend to apply it to food rather than sex.

It can get rather complicated.

I'd feed a starving enemy if there was enough food to go around,not if there was a shortage.If he's REALLY hungry he might give up some valuable info.

Sanctity,food or sex?hmmmmm.Right now I'd rather have a nice eclair with a cup of good strong coffe.Then a smoke.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 7:21 pm

Again, I really hope you aren't referring to my posts in that other thread. I am very much a leftist, though I'm not going to repeat myself. :? If you want some examples of how left I am - the conservative government here are ruining and selling off the NHS and it's showing. In some areas they even have phone calls instead of visits to the doctor. The govt. have been making massive cuts everywhere. I'm completely against them cutting back on welfare to the point lots of people have been dying from it. It's anti-human rights. I've seen stupid reasons for peoples' benefits being cut. I think our government is reckless. I don't think all conservatives would treat people that way. At least the ones I know wouldn't. Well except for one, who is on benefits, who I think is kicking himself in the foot really. I don't like Southend and Basildon in Essex because those areas are full of conservatives who read papers like the Daily Mail. Their attitudes to people on benefits tend to stink and I don't like them very much as people...generally. There's leftists I've met there who don't have that attitude, and yet there are ones who do too. Point is, I see people who preach all the time from either side i.e. trying to force their opinion on you (by shaming you or being rude) to be a***holes. I'm wary of people who preach to me. I saw a bunch of extreme leftists on Facebook the other day and I vented on here because I was shocked at the things they were saying. AFAIR, I don't recall knowing personally any rightwingers (or leftwingers, come to think of it) acting that way.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 8:06 pm

smudge wrote:
Again, I really hope you aren't referring to my posts in that other thread. I am very much a leftist, though I'm not going to repeat myself. :? If you want some examples of how left I am - the conservative government here are ruining and selling off the NHS and it's showing. In some areas they even have phone calls instead of visits to the doctor. The govt. have been making massive cuts everywhere. I'm completely against them cutting back on welfare to the point lots of people have been dying from it. It's anti-human rights. I've seen stupid reasons for peoples' benefits being cut. I think our government is reckless. I don't think all conservatives would treat people that way. At least the ones I know wouldn't. Well except for one, who is on benefits, who I think is kicking himself in the foot really. I don't like Southend and Basildon in Essex because those areas are full of conservatives who read papers like the Daily Mail. Their attitudes to people on benefits tend to stink and I don't like them very much as people...generally. There's leftists I've met there who don't have that attitude, and yet there are ones who do too. Point is, I see people who preach all the time from either side i.e. trying to force their opinion on you (by shaming you or being rude) to be a***holes. I'm wary of people who preach to me. I saw a bunch of extreme leftists on Facebook the other day and I vented on here because I was shocked at the things they were saying. AFAIR, I don't recall knowing personally any rightwingers (or leftwingers, come to think of it) acting that way.

Common thought the conservatives in our country are not the same. At least they don't always get us into debt like labour :roll: and I'm pretty liberal but labour take the piss