How do I convince my 8 year old sister to remain cute?

Page 6 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

EphraimB
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2016, 11:20 am

bloose78 wrote:
EphraimB, I sincerely say this, that not only are you immature, you need some serious psychiatric help. The fact that you're worried about your sister being "cute" is possessive and just plain creepy. It's not healthy to be worried about things that quite frankly, you should not be touching with a ten-foot pole. Yeah it may seem fun to you to be immature and not worry about anything but believe me, that ain't happening. We all have to mature and grow up and you have to deal with it.

I'm still very mad about what happened in my camp 2 years ago. The staff were giving me a very hard time all because I have a behavior issue. They said to me that I behave disgusting towards people. This isn't true. I tried to make friends with people in camp, but, I got put in a bunk with people who don't listen and none of my bunkmates had anything in common with me. That camp was special ed. There was another camper in the higher functioning bunk. That camper was extremely hyper. He was still respected, yet, i'm called disgusting. My immature silly behavior is the only problem that I have, while, others don't have my issue but have other issues that I think are much worse (ex: Can't speak, hyperactivity, Down Syndrome). I'm thinking maybe if I can get someone else to stay immature, then people can finally understand my very unique Autism. I'm fed up with no one understanding where i'm coming from at all.

naturalplastic wrote:
are you (a) joking?

or (b) trolling?

or (c) actually mean this nonsense?

A modified C. I don't think this is nonsense at all. I'm just trying to do anything I can for people to understand where i'm really coming from.

My personality type: INTJ-T

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 12:53 pm

EphraimB wrote:
bloose78 wrote:
EphraimB, I sincerely say this, that not only are you immature, you need some serious psychiatric help. The fact that you're worried about your sister being "cute" is possessive and just plain creepy. It's not healthy to be worried about things that quite frankly, you should not be touching with a ten-foot pole. Yeah it may seem fun to you to be immature and not worry about anything but believe me, that ain't happening. We all have to mature and grow up and you have to deal with it.

I'm still very mad about what happened in my camp 2 years ago. The staff were giving me a very hard time all because I have a behavior issue. They said to me that I behave disgusting towards people. This isn't true. I tried to make friends with people in camp, but, I got put in a bunk with people who don't listen and none of my bunkmates had anything in common with me. That camp was special ed. There was another camper in the higher functioning bunk. That camper was extremely hyper. He was still respected, yet, i'm called disgusting. My immature silly behavior is the only problem that I have, while, others don't have my issue but have other issues that I think are much worse (ex: Can't speak, hyperactivity, Down Syndrome). I'm thinking maybe if I can get someone else to stay immature, then people can finally understand my very unique Autism. I'm fed up with no one understanding where i'm coming from at all.

naturalplastic wrote:
are you (a) joking?

or (b) trolling?

or (c) actually mean this nonsense?

A modified C. I don't think this is nonsense at all. I'm just trying to do anything I can for people to understand where i'm really coming from.

If you want to exert control over your sister and try to force her to be a certain way, then you certainly have more problems than simple immature, silly behavior....Also for as much as you seem bothered that people don't understand you or where you're coming from I don't see much indication you put any effort into understanding other people and where they come from like you expect them to do for you.

Your sister could certainly prove to be understanding of you and your condition, but not if you blatantly disrespect her and try to control her personality, then she wont want anything to do with you.

EphraimB
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2016, 1:16 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
....Also for as much as you seem bothered that people don't understand you or where you're coming from I don't see much indication you put any effort into understanding other people and where they come from like you expect them to do for you

What is there to understand from typical people? Isn't typical people how most people act? By typical people, every behavior they have is exactly the same behavior as another typical person resulting in a very easy friendship. I'm very different from typical people and now it seems like i'm the only person in the world who has this problem. I don't like being very lonely like this. I'm pretty much the only person in the whole world who has 24/7 anxiety and nobody cares. Therefore, I have no choice but to force people to not grow up.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 1:24 pm

Adopt a pup, or a kitten, from the animal shelter if you need a cuteness fix.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 21 Dec 2016, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 1:26 pm

EphraimB wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
....Also for as much as you seem bothered that people don't understand you or where you're coming from I don't see much indication you put any effort into understanding other people and where they come from like you expect them to do for you

What is there to understand from typical people? Isn't typical people how most people act? By typical people, every behavior they have is exactly the same behavior as another typical person resulting in a very easy friendship. I'm very different from typical people and now it seems like i'm the only person in the world who has this problem. I don't like being very lonely like this. I'm pretty much the only person in the whole world who has 24/7 anxiety and nobody cares. Therefore, I have no choice but to force people to not grow up.

Dont quite follow.

People have to "not grow up" in order to "not leave you lonely"?

So that means people around you have to be childlike to relate to you? And if they stop being that way they abandon you?

Is that what you are saying?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 1:34 pm

EphraimB wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Well you're hardly the only person in the world who isn't 'typical' or has severe anxiety but if you just assume anyone who isn't you is a boring typical person who has no personal struggles/problems and you make no effort to understand anything about them...then of course you're going to feel that way. Also, its not possible to prevent someone growing up...you can try but it will only backfire and make you even lonelier. As is it seems you're sister is frustrated with you currently and if you keep up trying to control her she'll come to dislike you quite a lot...or you could respect she is her own person and leave the possibility she'll also accept and respect you as your own person. Otherwise your actions will only make you lonelier.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 2:42 pm

That's a bit freaky, mate. Like, nightmare inducing.

Your sister is not some possession that exists to be cute for your entertainment. She is a person and she is going to have to grow up like everyone else, including yourself.

I'm sorry if that idea upsets you. But just because she's growing up it doesn't mean she won't "stay cute" or retain some of that child-like exuberance. I'm 26 and even though I have lived on my own, had a job, finished a degree and pay my own bills I still have fun and sometimes act childish. Heck, I was at the Disney store yesterday and I swear I was more excited about the Moana dolls than the actual children that the dolls are targeted towards.

It's okay to be a bit of a child while also being a mature, responsible adult. As her brother you need to nurture that and help her grow into the independent and strong woman that she clearly wants to be.

Now go out there and be a good big brother.

whirlingdervish
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Dec 2016, 3:37 pm

Don't worry , she'll grow out of the 'maturity' problem by the age of 83, then its all cutes and silly fun again..
Just hang in there. I get you. Most people pretend to be mature. They actually don't want to, at least not all the time. They'd rather be rolling in the mud sniffing each others socks. But then, a second later, they have to wear suits and ties and go and earn a living in a swanky office. So they have to stop being cute and be very slick, very suddenly and that sudden change can be tiring. Thats why they choose to keep the mature switch on most of the time. Some even believe in that game.. But deep inside they really hate the pretence. Don't know your sister but if she is smart, she will keep the child in her very alive. And that would be happy for everyone!

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 4:58 pm

EphraimB wrote:
But who has the right to force someone to mature by hurting them emotionally?

I'm sorry that you've been hurt by people trying to make you mature against your will.

But you will be hurting your sister if you force her to remain immature against her will. Just because people have done wrong things to you, it does NOT make it okay for you to do wrong to others. It will be hypocritical.

For example: Some people in the government had been stealing money from a man for years. Is it right for that man to steal money from an innocent kid?

EphraimB wrote:
I controlled myself not growing up! If I can do it, she can also do it.

Not everyone is as mighty as you are. It's like a walking person telling someone who is paralysed: "I can walk! If I can do it, you can too."

I'm sorry that you are going through a tough time. :(

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 7:32 pm

whirlingdervish wrote:
Don't worry , she'll grow out of the 'maturity' problem by the age of 83, then its all cutes and silly fun again..
Just hang in there. I get you. Most people pretend to be mature. They actually don't want to, at least not all the time. They'd rather be rolling in the mud sniffing each others socks. But then, a second later, they have to wear suits and ties and go and earn a living in a swanky office. So they have to stop being cute and be very slick, very suddenly and that sudden change can be tiring. Thats why they choose to keep the mature switch on most of the time. Some even believe in that game.. But deep inside they really hate the pretence. Don't know your sister but if she is smart, she will keep the child in her very alive. And that would be happy for everyone!

If he tries to force 'cuteness' I imagine that would make her less likely to want to retain any child-like qualities, the harder you push one to be a certain way the harder they will push against it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2016, 7:34 pm

If you want something cute, why not get a cat?

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2016, 2:09 pm

Obvious troll is obvious.

EphraimB
Raven
Raven

24 May 2017, 10:27 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Obvious troll is obvious.

What makes you think that i'm a troll?

questor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 7:20 pm

You are annoying the heck out of your sister by calling her cutie now that she no longer wants to be called that. If you want to maintain good relations with her you will have to cut it out, and the sooner the better, because you are being disrespectful of her wishes on this. From now on call her what she wants to be called, or you will find her sidelining you because of your jerky behavior.

I know how your sister feels. My name has several forms, including several short, cute forms. There is one in particular that I have always hated, but my father persists in using that one, although I have told him many times that I don't like it. He is in his early 90s now, and I am in my late 50s, so I am stuck with it, from him, but no one else dares to call me by that hated form of my name.

Trust me, your sister feels that you are being an annoying jerk when you call her cutie, and keep trying to persuade her to continue to accept that nickname. CUT IT OUT!

EphraimB
Raven
Raven

20 Jun 2017, 7:22 pm

I think Cutie is starting to get cuter again!! !! She's now a 9 year old cutie!

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 10:09 pm

EphraimB wrote:
I think Cutie is starting to get cuter again!! ! ! She's now a 9 year old cutie!

Ephraim, you're sick. Seek help. NOW!

This would have to be perhaps the most disturbing discussion I have ever seen here at 'Wrong Planet'. It is creepy, strange, and just downright bizarre, and I came across the very same 'complaint' from the very same person - Ephraim - over at the 'AspiesCentral' website. Apparently he is still trying to dominate and control his sister, which, in my view, is utterly wrong, unacceptable, and probably illegal as well.

Ugh! I'm outta here! The creepiness level is just too high, at stratospheric levels. :eew: