How do I convince my 8 year old sister to remain cute?

Page 5 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 4:26 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
Do I detect troll bait with this topic?
That's exactly what I was thinking when I wrote "I'm thinking of the T word."

Except the OP posted this in The Haven probably just because it would be protected from accusations. It's a VERY odd desire though.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 5:54 pm

EphraimB wrote:
I'm so upset that I can't find any immature male 20 year olds anywhere. If social workers have the right to make immature people mature, then I have the right to make people at risk of maturity to remain immature and cute. I'm begging you please to the only online autistic community that I know. Please lend me a hand to help me convince my 8 year old sister to remain cute. I beg you with all my heart!! ! !

Umm no...

And I'd suggest you knock this off before you irreversibly damage any positive relations you might have with you sister. No one wants to hang around someone who tries to control them or force them to be a certain way.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 5:58 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

Except the OP posted this in The Haven probably just because it would be protected from accusations. It's a VERY odd desire though.

What's the T word?...troll, pretty sure you can just say troll its not a taboo.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 6:02 pm

I had hesitated to use the word "troll" because this is in The Haven, and everyone's supposed be nothing but super-sickly-sweet supportive in The Haven. That's all.

But fine then, troll troll troll, there. Happy?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 7:23 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
I had hesitated to use the word "troll" because this is in The Haven, and everyone's supposed be nothing but super-sickly-sweet supportive in The Haven. That's all.

But fine then, troll troll troll, there. Happy?

Well I don't know about super-sickly-sweet...but the idea is to offer support, to people going through a rough time, but if you feel someone is trolling I see nothing wrong with pointing it out. Kind of a waste of support if the person is just trying to get a rise out of people.

I have a hard time believing the poster of this thread is for real, but if he is he's still talking about wanting to control his sister and trying to force her to fit a certain image he's created for her. I am not going to say 'oh it's ok to feel that way, everyone wants to exert total control over a sibling or family member.' That is a really disturbing and dangerous mindset to have...I don't think one should be sickly sweet about an issue like this, the O.P needs professional help if he's for real.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 7:47 pm

EphraimB wrote:
My 8 year old sister, who I call Cutie, used to be so so cute 5 years ago. She is still cute but the problem is that she's trying to hide it. I say to Cutie "Don't worry, Cutie! You're still cute!" and she responded back "I don't want to be cute". Other times she ignores me completely. Is there any way that I can convince Cutie to remain being cute?

She wants to grow up. I'd advise letting her. To a child, cute equals childlike and she doesn't want that. How would you like someone trying to convince you to be something you didn't want to be? Love her however she is.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 1:32 am

Unless you want your little sister to end up posting on r/raisedbynarcissists, you need to respect her by letting her grow up and mature and not calling her cutie anymore.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

13 Dec 2016, 9:29 am

If she doesn't want to be cute, she isn't obligated to be.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 10:04 am

EphraimB wrote:
I'm so upset that I can't find any immature male 20 year olds anywhere. If social workers have the right to make immature people mature, then I have the right to make people at risk of maturity to remain immature and cute. I'm begging you please to the only online autistic community that I know. Please lend me a hand to help me convince my 8 year old sister to remain cute. I beg you with all my heart!! ! !

are you (a) joking?

or (b) trolling?

or (c) actually mean this nonsense?

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 11:43 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

What's the T word?...troll, pretty sure you can just say troll its not a taboo.

i had thought when i read "the T word." the poster was referring to the word "twat". "troll" is not a bad word.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 11:50 am

you should quit trying to control your sister. i have two older siblings (a brother and a sister) and i wouldn't want them trying to control me. she's not going to be comfortable with it either.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 7:06 pm

Shrink down and be cute....that's what you're trying to make your sister do. I think you should let her grow and blossom. She wants to be free.

bloose78
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Dec 2016, 7:42 pm

EphraimB, I sincerely say this, that not only are you immature, you need some serious psychiatric help. The fact that you're worried about your sister being "cute" is possessive and just plain creepy. It's not healthy to be worried about things that quite frankly, you should not be touching with a ten-foot pole. Yeah it may seem fun to you to be immature and not worry about anything but believe me, that ain't happening. We all have to mature and grow up and you have to deal with it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 7:57 pm

If you want something cute in your life, you can buy yourself a stuffed Om Nom.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 8:24 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
If you want something cute in your life, you can buy yourself a stuffed Om Nom.

yep. if you want perpetual cuteness, one of those would be good. those things never lose their cuteness.

EphraimB
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2016, 11:20 am

bloose78 wrote:
EphraimB, I sincerely say this, that not only are you immature, you need some serious psychiatric help. The fact that you're worried about your sister being "cute" is possessive and just plain creepy. It's not healthy to be worried about things that quite frankly, you should not be touching with a ten-foot pole. Yeah it may seem fun to you to be immature and not worry about anything but believe me, that ain't happening. We all have to mature and grow up and you have to deal with it.

I'm still very mad about what happened in my camp 2 years ago. The staff were giving me a very hard time all because I have a behavior issue. They said to me that I behave disgusting towards people. This isn't true. I tried to make friends with people in camp, but, I got put in a bunk with people who don't listen and none of my bunkmates had anything in common with me. That camp was special ed. There was another camper in the higher functioning bunk. That camper was extremely hyper. He was still respected, yet, i'm called disgusting. My immature silly behavior is the only problem that I have, while, others don't have my issue but have other issues that I think are much worse (ex: Can't speak, hyperactivity, Down Syndrome). I'm thinking maybe if I can get someone else to stay immature, then people can finally understand my very unique Autism. I'm fed up with no one understanding where i'm coming from at all.

naturalplastic wrote:
are you (a) joking?

or (b) trolling?

or (c) actually mean this nonsense?

A modified C. I don't think this is nonsense at all. I'm just trying to do anything I can for people to understand where i'm really coming from.

My personality type: INTJ-T