Does dating get harder as you get older?

Page 4 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 6:06 pm

BTDT wrote:
Yes, when you are young you want to explore life with an equal partner, who is also viewing things from a similar perspective. As you get older you acquire "baggage" that younger people don't have.
So I should have started dating when I was younger, before I acquired baggage :(

In retrospect I would have liked that. To be one of two 18 or 19 year olds exploring life and each other like it was something fresh and new. To be part of a young couple like that would make the whole world feel young. It would feel as though we invented love. Everything would be new and fresh.

Now I'm old and the world feels old around me. Everything has been done before me. Everything has been done better than I could do it. I bear the weight of baggage I'd never thought of when I was 18. I have toxic thoughts that didn't occur to me when I was 18.

Back then I could have found a girl my age and started a fresh new life with her in a brave new world. But I didn't talk to girls and I wasn't interested in the world. Back then I wanted to shut the world out. Back then all I cared about was building computers, alone in a darkened room.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 6:10 pm

You're 29 effin years old! You're not old!

I'm 55, and I'm not old!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 6:14 pm

People are too perfectionist. My ex complained that I was too young for her because I was 28 and she was 29. That's not even that much of a difference.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 6:15 pm

Her view is so absurd as to not merit consideration.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 6:36 pm

Dating gets hard as you get older? Not in my case!

I had my first dates this year, and I am 25. It took me through 1000s of rejections since I have been asking women since I was 18 when I moved out of home for university studies.

Maturity in women helps a lot to understand aspies like myself. Avoid alcohol and drugs in the party, social environment and dating. Never consider them. A glass of wine is good. A great way to romance. Women loves it, even the young mature ones (22-28) and older into 30's. They seek mates to be with to have families and that. They become less judgmental of who you are. Virginity got nothing to do with this. I am still a virgin, women won't see this a roadblock.

Best advice is to stay away from mainstream activities and influences.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 6:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
They frowned upon it because she was 17, not legal age.

There's a big difference between 17 and 21 legally.

I don't get this
The legal age was just an arbitrary age use to be older and got moved down. Other countries do it at 16. Not much difference between an 17 old girl and an 18 old girl. The number doesn't make someone more mature or less. Not like at the stroke of midnight on the 365th day of their 17th year they magically transform into an adult lol

They'll still together and going get married and such. Meh

Most women say they only want to date 2 years older on their profiles

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 6:45 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
BTDT wrote:
Yes, when you are young you want to explore life with an equal partner, who is also viewing things from a similar perspective. As you get older you acquire "baggage" that younger people don't have.
So I should have started dating when I was younger, before I acquired baggage :(

In retrospect I would have liked that. To be one of two 18 or 19 year olds exploring life and each other like it was something fresh and new. To be part of a young couple like that would make the whole world feel young. It would feel as though we invented love. Everything would be new and fresh.

Now I'm old and the world feels old around me. Everything has been done before me. Everything has been done better than I could do it. I bear the weight of baggage I'd never thought of when I was 18. I have toxic thoughts that didn't occur to me when I was 18.

Back then I could have found a girl my age and started a fresh new life with her in a brave new world. But I didn't talk to girls and I wasn't interested in the world. Back then I wanted to shut the world out. Back then all I cared about was building computers, alone in a darkened room.

The sad thing is, I'VE already almost lost that youthul sense of wonder and optimism that exists in the early 20s/late teens.

Makes me feel mentally Ill, I should be blindly young and optimistic but at the same time I grew up too fast.

I feel like other people mybage, not all, seem ignorant about the world. I'm not juet talking about suffering like starving Africa kids, I mean Millenials are so sheltered and maybe young people have always felt so hopeful bd that they can change the world.

Bah. I know I'm just one insignificant decaying meatbag of organic matter 7 billion and everything I do or say does not matter and even if I change The world we all die in the end anyway and tbh I'm slightly misanthropic.

I wish I could be happy and add meaning to my life and stop thinking like a jaded bitter 30 year old but I can't.

I feel like I'm deluding myself if I thought like other young people.

Their attitude is much happier. "Just enjoy life, the people are most important, I can do anything I set my mind to".

I can be this sometimes, just pure dumb fun and optimistic platitudes, but otherwise I have all these thoughts pilaqring through my head that I let our partially here.

Remember a long time ago I mentioned we all share the general minds of people our own age, even if we are more mature or less mature than average?

That even of you don't feel 28 you still are mentally developed for 29 years of life.

Its Still true for me, but I feel like I grew up too fast.

Oh well. The meaning of life is to have fun and meaning. I have goals, they will give my pleasure, volunteering and getting gf plus friends will give me meanomg

Last edited by Outrider on 02 Dec 2016, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 6:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You're 29 effin years old! You're not old!

I'm 55, and I'm not old!

30 is the new 50.
I was called old at 24

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 6:49 pm

If you see pictures of 30-year-old people in past generations, you'll notice that they, invariably, look older than 30-year-old people today.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 6:51 pm

As a teen I was considered too mature and serious now I'd feuded people call me childish :cry:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 7:21 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Her view is so absurd as to not merit consideration.
She had a thing for older men. If I was 3 years older than her, she'd still say I was too young for her.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Dec 2016, 7:27 pm

Maybe this is a regional thing cuz where I come from girls tend to date guys abit or alot older than them.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 8:20 pm

It's actually fairly common for a woman to be turned on by men considerably older than themselves.

beady
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 8:24 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Here's the thing, by 29, the good women are either married or in long term relationships.

So are the good men.

I hope you intended this to be funny because I busted out laughing!
Good point!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 8:28 pm

I was a "good man" at 29....and I wasn't taken.

beady
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2016, 9:09 pm

You were a good one for sure.
I think that beauty and good is in the eye of the beholder.