Hey how does everyone feel about homework

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 5:04 pm

Hey it's me Jennifer I feel that's fine with me too hard for me to do I'm in the special-education school so it's difficult for me to be in school were kids are mean sometimes.

Sometimes my friends and kids go up to me and don't ask I don't understand what they're doing and it confuses me.

I don't know whether they're trying to hurt me or not but right now. Right now I'm just focused on my homework it's hard for me to concentration I also have proms concentrating on school work I keep falling asleep in class sometimes it's anyone have any tips?

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 7:25 pm

I like homework. I enjoy doing it. Most people at school really hate homework because they want to spend their time watching television or going to parties or something, but I like it, especially Mathematics and Physics homework.

I have never fallen asleep in class, nor have I felt like it; however, if I am too distracted to work, I stim a bit. It helps to keep me from feeling scared and overwhelmed, so I can concentrate better. I kick the leg of my chair softly, or flap my hands under the desk.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 8:03 pm

I'm extremely open-minded, so I am of the opinion that children need to be home-schooled with love and compassion and respect, and that they need to be given the freedom to learn what they are interested in or passionate about.
[The Natural Child by Jan Hunt is an excellent book on the above.]

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 8:22 pm

A distraction at home. My house is specifically not my kind of place to study and bother with any schoolwork.
So I always finish it before going home. If anything, I only study or review at school, and never at home.

Perhaps in my case, it's just the atmosphere/place-to-do issue than routines... :|
I'm pretty much the near opposite of the poster before me: I sleep more than I'm ever awake at class, but that's because of sleeping issues (I'm an insomniac at age of 8! And still was an issue until I was 17.) Not because of boredom at school though...
And as a visually inclined learner, I tend to translate verbal lessons to visual at every opportunity. That's how I was able to keep up despite missing times and without aides of shadow teachers or modified grading systems or supposed level of leniency. Funny enough, that's how I gained leniency of sleeping in class -- because of my grades, assuming I was working at night instead. :?

I recommend stimming a bit. Usually I end up fiddling random things including my own hands or my hair, either before or during lectures and other activities.
In a regular school, you had to be more discrete, and learn how to 'filter people with stupid questions and intentions'. Even in college. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

akuakuaku
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Dec 2016, 8:48 pm

I never did my homework in high school. I would always get distracted by the internet. It only got worse when I was going to college, which is part of the reason why I dropped out.