Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

freewaydog
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Dec 2016, 12:07 pm

I mean, why is it that we are all forced by society to have sex/romance w/ somebody??? What if I do not want that??? Why can't I just be me & love my friends & family the platonic/familial way? Why do I get so much hate for "not wanting a piece"????

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 2:36 pm

I'm can't say I'm aromantic but I know for sure I am asexual. Unfortunately lack of experience and autism diagnosis tends to invalidate my orientation as well as my gender identity ...

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 4:47 pm

My sister, who I believe may have AS herself, identifies as asexual, but "gray-indifferent" is a more accurate description the way she sees herself as being asexual. She doesn't see the need for a relationship and I'm not going to force her to do something she doesn't want.

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 8:14 am

I'm asexual, but because sex is seen as such a big and important thing, I didn't even know I was until last year, and by then, it was already too late. But it felt good to finally realise that my lack of interest wasn't because I was immature or naive.

I may or may not be aromantic too. Having an abusive boyfriend had put me off romance, but when I had crushes before, I always fantasised about doing things that best friends do. Maybe a friend is all I really wanted. I don't know.

stabilator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2016, 9:01 am

I'm pretty much aromantic and asexual. I don't understand 'normal' romance and miss a ton of the cues. I can also find other people's 'normal' romance behavior confusing, obnoxious, pushy, irritating, greedy, even degrading sometimes, and often boring.

I can have attractions and platonic relationships but I don't know how to do the interactions right, so I usually fail, and have a hard time making friends, partly because of this. I think it might be possible that I have a form of mild romance or crush that is mine only and strange, with its own language that no one else can understand, and maybe a little similar to platonic in presentation. I have never felt free to be that way so I don't know much about it.

I avoid anything romantic with most people because with my lack of ability to read others, I find it dangerous and threatening to engage in. I have rarely had anyone seem interested in me. Most people seem to find me disgusting, and I've usually can't make friends for my life. But a few rare times when someone did show interest in me, I messed it all up somehow and got them raging mad and sad at me, and I didn't even know what I did. Plus I also usually don't have any interest in or time for it these things. It's way funner and safer to do my interests like art, building models, playing video games, studying, research etc.

I'm not interested in having sex, but I think about it sometimes, rarely.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2016, 1:12 pm

Yes, I'm asexual and quoiromantic (meaning I can't tell the difference between romantic and platonic attraction).

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2016, 1:47 pm

I am utterly repulsed by sex, but I do like hugging and cuddling for the most part. I'm also quite the hopeless romantic on occasion, though I am often surprisingly practical about it.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Musichead2468
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Dec 2016, 3:13 pm

I am aromantic Asexual also. I am aro ace and pan-aesthetic.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 9:13 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I am utterly repulsed by sex, but I do like hugging and cuddling for the most part. I'm also quite the hopeless romantic on occasion, though I am often surprisingly practical about it.

This is a difficult position to be in when you attract nothing but cishet dudes who wanna sleep with you ...

pasty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Dec 2016, 2:17 pm

I am aromantic. I wouldn't say I'm so much asexual as I am anti-sexual. I can't effectively express the magnitude of my disinterest.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2016, 4:36 pm

Some days I have a low sex drive, other days it's raging, so I don't consider myself asexual.

In fact, my raging sex drive could be one of the reasons I very rarely feel romantic attraction.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Zed90230
Raven
Raven

09 Jan 2017, 10:15 am

I consider myself hetero-asexual. I find some women very beautiful to look at, friendly, knowledgeable, and not put off by "geeky" interests... it's just that I've never had the urge to have sex. I experience romantic and aesthetic attraction (in some instances, very intensely), but not sexual attraction.

Some of it is probably due to lingering anhedonia following a decades-long struggle with depression, but outside of that, I've accepted that my brain is wired to live happily without sex.

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2017, 10:35 am

no, I'm a antisexual bisexual sexual pessimist.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2017, 9:25 am

Korin wrote:
no, I'm a antisexual bisexual sexual pessimist.

You contradicted yourself really hard in this post. How are you antisexual AND bisexual at the same time o_O???

K4NNW
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2017, 2:41 am

Definitely not asexual, but slightly aromantic here.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 9:51 am

I can enjoy sex VERY MUCH but really rarely, and generally i really really don't want it and never start it myself. My partner tells me he wants to cuddle with me and i love cuddles so i go for it each time and then i understand that it doesnt mean hugging tightly but a sexual activity and then i'm all cold. It's like a trap and i still have difficulty understanding his motives. But i agree to have sex with him sometimes and many times offered him to do it in a schedule but he can't seem to agree with it because he says it's against the nature of it. But i can't do it unexpected like he wishes because it's a big sensory overload for me and very uncomfortable.
Anyhow, I can't say i'm asexual or aromantic because of the rare occasions that i enjoyed it. But i would love to live a life where sex is not yet another chore.