Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2017, 9:51 am

I can enjoy sex VERY MUCH but really rarely, and generally i really really don't want it and never start it myself. My partner tells me he wants to cuddle with me and i love cuddles so i go for it each time and then i understand that it doesnt mean hugging tightly but a sexual activity and then i'm all cold. It's like a trap and i still have difficulty understanding his motives. But i agree to have sex with him sometimes and many times offered him to do it in a schedule but he can't seem to agree with it because he says it's against the nature of it. But i can't do it unexpected like he wishes because it's a big sensory overload for me and very uncomfortable.
Anyhow, I can't say i'm asexual or aromantic because of the rare occasions that i enjoyed it. But i would love to live a life where sex is not yet another chore.

slimeprince
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Feb 2017, 4:06 pm

first post**

I'm either aromantic or quoiromantic and quoi+pansexual

basically i really don't understand romance or romantic attraction at all but i kinda understand sex? i guess?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 4:32 pm

slimeprince wrote:
first post**

I'm either aromantic or quoiromantic and quoi+pansexual

basically i really don't understand romance or romantic attraction at all but i kinda understand sex? i guess?

Welcome to WP! Fellow quoiromantic here.

neptunekh
Toucan
Toucan

09 Feb 2017, 10:18 am

Well, I'm actually afraid of sex. So does that count as asexual?

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 4:12 am

^I have a friend who is too, and I am confused as to what her orientation is.

I'm asexual. I have had a few boyfriends along the way and tried sex and then realised that it really isn't for me. So, no more sex ever. Yay :)

CrossedHannah
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2017, 5:42 am

I am on the spectrum, I am demisexual. With time and dedication I might start feeling romantic attraction, and maybe, after more time I might develop some kind of sexual attraction for that person. As it is "only when the stars align" kind of deal it has only happened once.

lease29
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2017, 6:02 am

Asexual/Aromantic. I don't really enjoy sex and am not turned on by guys. Romance is foreign to me how people experience love and romance. Used to bother me being single but it doesn't anymore. Single and it doesn't bother me at all :-)

lontabi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jun 2017, 4:14 pm

I'm definitely asexual, and I plan to die a virgin. Had kind of a romantic-ish relationship though, so not sure about aromantic part. Could be slightly heteroromantic with dominant fetishism which seems to be changing in quantity in time because as an Aspergers I collect thoughts and my so-called "sexuality" is all about collecting thoughts to masturbate to. This confused me before because everyone told me that I should have sexual attraction towards people, but I only find some ideas and thoughts sexually attractive, but the thoughts have in themselves some real people who are females, so I misunderstand that for having sexual attraction towards real people, then I realised it's not people, only the thoughts which are related to real people. And act of sex itself disgusts me as well.

LaytonRonpa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jun 2017, 10:36 pm

Asexual, still not sure on the romantic front. I tend to notice girls in a different way from guys and I can see my self more easily pursuing another girl or a feminine-presenting non binary person than a guy because I just don't feel right with that. I haven't experienced any sort of crush, at least not to my knowledge. So, for now, I usually use quoiromantic as a placeholder because I'm not sure what CAN actually describe me.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jun 2017, 6:31 am

I'm pan-romantic and only recently realized I could be described as a gray-asexual. I very rarely experience sexual attraction and most of the time sex doesn't even enter my mind - no thoughts, dreams, fantasies. I'd rather not have it or at least not often, there are many more interesting things to do.

It doesn't have any kind of bonding quality to me, I prefer physical closeness without intercourse at all. Whenever I have it, it's a bit of a chore - I don't actively desire it, don't seek opportunities for it and I can't think of a time when I initiated it or behaved in a seductive way with the intention of having sex, so I'm definitely somewhere on the asexual spectrum in the gray area.

Unfortunately, I'm not aromantic, that would make my life easier when combined with my attitude to sex...

I do experience sexual tension (it just appears sometimes, unprovoked by thoughts or images) but then I want to simply get rid of it and I do it myself - bam, problem gone. The thought of just using another person to do it is pretty revolting to me... I can't understand people who go out partying, hoping they'll find someone willing and they'll get laid.

I experienced some nice sex, don't get me wrong and I kinda enjoyed it, but once it's done, it's done and I don't go back to memories of it, don't want to do it again anytime soon.
I also think (many people would not agree at all) that world without that much sex would be a better place, I mean all that sex trafficking, rape, child abuse, molestation at work, selling kids off to brothels in some poor countries, unwanted pregnancies, marriages with underage girls... and much more.

moonnymph
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jun 2017, 9:34 am

I am asexual, but not aromantic. I am definitely a romantic and would love to have romance in my life, just NOT sex. heh

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2017, 9:50 am

I like "just cuddles," as well as sex.

I haven't had sex in about seven years....and I'm not too unhappy about that.

I still do have intense sexual fantasies, though. But just "conventional" fantasies, not S & M, B & D, or whatever.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jun 2017, 3:35 pm

moonnymph wrote:
I am asexual, but not aromantic. I am definitely a romantic and would love to have romance in my life, just NOT sex. heh

Yes... got a similar problem. I'm sex-neutral gray ace, so I think I could agree to regular and planned maybe once-a-month sexy time if my partner wanted it, but it would have to be quick, gentle and I would need a calm, quiet wind-down time after. He or she would need to accept I'm not enthusiastic about it... I'd still be rather 'meh' and a little uneasy about it afterwards, but it could work. I still would rather not do it at all :/

It's just... for most sexual people sex once a month is almost like not having it at all. That would need to be someone with a really low sex drive or ideally - an asexual but not aromantic person :heart:

andy33
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jun 2017, 5:14 am

I use to think all Aspergers/Autistics were Asexual. I was quite shocked when I found out it wasn't the case. I still can't wrap my head around what romantic feeling actually are.

Epicendergamer
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jun 2017, 8:26 am

I'm aromantic ace. :D

OrionBadger
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Aug 2017, 10:00 am

I am still finding where I am in terms of sexuality. I am quite repulsed by the idea of and have no real interest in sex, to the point where I have considered myself asexual for years but I do wonder how much of that can be attributed to an aversion to touch, poor social understanding and experiencing persistent severe chronic depression throughout my teenage years and now on and off. In my early teenage years I thought I was homosexual or bisexual.

I do find both men and women inexplicably attractive at times (though rarely) and sometimes entertain the idea of a relationship but it always seems to revolve around companionship, supporting each other in our successes and failings, sharing our futures. It sounds more like a sustained friendship with both parties living together to me. Not quite sure, but I know at the very least I have a very low, almost non-existent sex drive.