Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

OrionBadger
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Aug 2017, 10:00 am

I am still finding where I am in terms of sexuality. I am quite repulsed by the idea of and have no real interest in sex, to the point where I have considered myself asexual for years but I do wonder how much of that can be attributed to an aversion to touch, poor social understanding and experiencing persistent severe chronic depression throughout my teenage years and now on and off. In my early teenage years I thought I was homosexual or bisexual.

I do find both men and women inexplicably attractive at times (though rarely) and sometimes entertain the idea of a relationship but it always seems to revolve around companionship, supporting each other in our successes and failings, sharing our futures. It sounds more like a sustained friendship with both parties living together to me. Not quite sure, but I know at the very least I have a very low, almost non-existent sex drive.

LaurenLissa
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2017, 12:34 am

OrionBadger wrote:
I do find both men and women inexplicably attractive at times (though rarely) and sometimes entertain the idea of a relationship but it always seems to revolve around companionship, supporting each other in our successes and failings, sharing our futures. It sounds more like a sustained friendship with both parties living together to me. Not quite sure, but I know at the very least I have a very low, almost non-existent sex drive.

This is a great way of describing my similar experiences. I am actually in a long-term friendship-partnership much like what you've described!

I am asexual and aromantic. I've been in romantic-sexual relationships with both sexes and multiple genders, but it doesn't work for me at all. I do not desire these relationships. I do find certain people wonderfully aesthetically attractive! I can also find people sensually attractive, in that I might feel the urge to hold their hand or even cuddle on occasion. I'm very cut off physically, and I just don't express myself that way. Nevertheless, physical proximity and quality time are essential for me in friendships.

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 12:52 am

Hmmmm :chin: I suppose i am and i am not... Cut a long story short. Almost got married to someone over a decade ago and things happened when i went overseas to see family for first time in 7 years.. As a result of that experience i was single for 10 years with zero intimacy... Then decided to give it another shot and ended up getting involved over a short space of time with three individuals on the ASPD spectrum and have now been single for over two years... The repercussions of these experiences that seem to be a reoccurring factor has over time reduced my trust and understanding of an individuals true intent for me to gamble taking those risks anymore... I Would love a partner in my life That i could hold or comfort when needed. But the gamble on me physically,mentally and socially seems to be far too great. So seems i am somewhat asexual by default.