Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 1:37 am

Darmok wrote:
B19 wrote:
Please read this excerpt from the rules, which you have contravened since your arrival yesterday:

Other inappropriate content and behavior prohibited on Wrong Planet:
This includes
copyrighted material, serial codes, and posts made to promote a website, group or product, particularly if made repeatedly and without other participation in the WP community (spamming).
[
Spamming
/Do not create multiple topics in a short amount of time.
* Do not create multiple similarly themed topics; please combine them into one topic.
* Cross posting is prohibited

If you continue to ignore these rules, your account here will be terminated without further warning.

How on earth can this new member's posts possibly be considered as violating the rules above? She has only nine posts, not duplicates and not spam, and not promotions of any product or group. Her apparent fault is that she has an opinion you disagree with, and speaks out in favor of it. I would say this is a case of abuse of moderator authority, not a case of a problem poster.

Pointing out the rules isn't an abuse of authority, it's what the modteam is expected to do.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 1:45 am

Feeling_Unvalidated wrote:
I did copy and paste material that could fall under some copyright problem, but as far as i always knew, cited quotes for educational purposes was always allowed.

I have a lot of experience in academic publishing, and you most certainly did not engage in any copyright violations. You posted public abstracts, which are written for the very purpose of wide circulation. They appear in public databases just so people can read and circulate them as you are doing, with a link to the full text for anyone who wants more information.

We do the same thing in many of the news and politics threads, posting extracts from recent news stories for discussion, with links to the full text. It's standard practice, and it's just fine.

There Are Four Lights!

Feeling_Unvalidated
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2017, 1:51 am

I know I've been posting a lot since I found the site and I'll give it a rest, but i am so excited to be able to talk and express myself. I thought it might be a bit of a safe space, any confrontation gets my heart racing, but when i get passionate about something i get very adamant, and i know that even tho i am not officially diagnosed that this is one of the common traits. Please excuse me, and i will come back more level headed. I am just really excited by what i have found so far, but i am not in any life position to do anything about anything, expressing what i am learning is my only outlet and then i have been slapped down by so many that i guess i will just have to keep it in to discuss with my S.O. i get to see once a week or so. Had to stop talking to roomie, just frustrates her. Anyway, y'all have a good nite/day wherever you are.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2017, 1:59 am

B19 wrote:
Please read this excerpt from the rules, which you have contravened since your arrival yesterday:

This includes
copyrighted material, serial codes, and posts made to promote a website, group or product, particularly if made repeatedly and without other participation in the WP community (spamming).
[
Spamming
* Do not create multiple similarly themed topics; please combine them into one topic.

If you continue to ignore these rules, your account here will be terminated without further warning.

I have checked all her posts she started one vaccination thread and replied on two others started by other members. She made three consecutive posts above that could have condensed into one. She linked to a couple of sites with a paywall meaning most members probably can not double check them for varacity.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

fakkau89
Raven
Raven

29 May 2017, 5:14 am

I really despise the intolerance to chat about Vaccines though. I remember a time I was in chat and
I mentioned Vaccines and people gave me hell for it. Thats not a way to educate a person.

I didn't know much about it, For all cases I thought the vaccines could be the problem.

Plus the doctors that check these meds are from the same crowd that for lack of a better word "sells" it.

It wouldn't be daft to think that they fudge the results to keep there asses and money safe from people
who would want to sue. I still don't fully accept that vaccines are NOT the problem.

I still think that some people are predisposed in their genes to react differently to vaccines so maybe
that is why. I don't know I'm still learning.

I would like to think that the people who created the vaccines had my and our best interests in mind.

I think they do, but mistakes can happen, maybe people are just sweeping it under the rug.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 8:25 pm

I know I've been posting a lot since I found the site and I'll give it a rest, but i am so excited to be able to talk and express myself. I thought it might be a bit of a safe space, any confrontation gets my heart racing, but when i get passionate about something i get very adamant, and i know that even tho i am not officially diagnosed that this is one of the common traits. Please excuse me, and i will come back more level headed. I am just really excited by what i have found so far, but i am not in any life position to do anything about anything, expressing what i am learning is my only outlet and then i have been slapped down by so many that i guess i will just have to keep it in to discuss with my S.O. i get to see once a week or so. Had to stop talking to roomie, just frustrates her. Anyway, y'all have a good nite/day wherever you are.

You didn't do anything wrong. Don't worry about it. This particular moderator seems to have a problem with people who don't agree with him (or her?) regarding this particular issue, and is just looking for an excuse - any excuse - to silence those who think that vaccines may not be as safe as many insist. The threats made, the bullying and attempts to stifle dissent towards those who do not tow the party line regarding the vaccines-autism connection, is just as bad as it is towards those who don't accept the religious dogma of global warming.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 8:33 pm

I don't think that is fair Lintar. Moderators post in two different roles - as ordinary members and when moderating. When we are posting as ordinary members, we are allowed - as all members are - to express our viewpoints within the rules. When we moderate, we address breaches of the rules. The pro-vax poster was not censored, her posts were not edited, not removed, she was not issued with a formal warning, and not banned. Your comments are offensive and unfair.

Feeling_Unvalidated
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2017, 8:38 pm

i was being kinda bull headed, but part of what i was getting in trouble was for posts of the same type. i had a lot to say, and it's not necessarily my fault that so many different things like the fat acceptance topic and some others all have to do with one another in the way i view things. i have too much free time right now, and i am just about dying for people to talk to, and that translates to a flood of posts, and for that i am sorry and ask forgiveness cuz that's one of those things yanno?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 9:05 pm

From what i have read in many different places and have no reason not to believe, it *is* still in the multi vial flu shots, and it's also the cheapest so many places still get plenty of thimerosal and don't even probably know to ask.

This is true. That is why I am against the flu vaccine. I am a believer in natural immunity which I have stated before.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2017, 9:56 pm

i was being kinda bull headed, but part of what i was getting in trouble was for posts of the same type. i had a lot to say, and it's not necessarily my fault that so many different things like the fat acceptance topic and some others all have to do with one another in the way i view things. i have too much free time right now, and i am just about dying for people to talk to, and that translates to a flood of posts, and for that i am sorry and ask forgiveness cuz that's one of those things yanno?

I understand. We know that new members are often unaware or unfamiliar with the rules, and when we know better, we do better. Your infringement was a minor and unintentional one, and thank you for your apology though isn't necessary.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 9:26 pm

B19 wrote:
"...she was not issued with a formal warning"

I'm not here to start an argument, so don't take this personally, but my criticism actually was fair because you did issue what looked (to me anyway) to be a "formal warning".

B19 wrote:

This includes
[
Spamming

Many, if not most, of us are direct and to the point. We use language in a way that the overwhelming majority within society believes to be "rude", because we can't modulate tone of voice, are literal, logical, and when someone asks for our honest opinion we give it (then they get all angry and huff and puff whilst we are left to wonder why we elicited such a strange reaction).

We come here to get away from all of that nonsense, and to categorise all "anti-vaxxers" as being basically the same (as the title of this thread seems to do - "Anti-Vaxxers in a Nutshell"), is just, well... ridiculous. We are not all raving, tin-foil-hat-wearing nutjobs. Many of us actually have legitimate, and quite sane, concerns.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 10:16 pm

No formal warning was issued, Lintar.

Perhaps it would help if I explain what a formal warning actually is: It's a warning that is registered on the member's user account, after a reasonably serious breach of the rules; a copy of it is automatically sent by PM to the member involved. If a member accrues 3 formal warnings, and ignores them, continues to post in breach of the rules, then the protocol is to impose a ban at that stage. The ban may be temporary or permanent, depending on how serious the 4th breach is. The mod team usually makes this decision collectively.

Unless the first breach of the rules is a particularly serious one, (eg trolling or spamming can earn instant bans), members are not issued a formal warning; instead they are informed of the issue, with an explanation to guide them, so that they can (hopefully) avoid a formal warning in the future. We realise that particularly new members often fail to read the rules before posting (though that is a condition of membership here) and unintentionally break them. Cross posting particularly is a rule that new members tend to break, and it significantly annoys other members (they complain to us when it happens).

The rules and the protocols are set by Alex - it's his website; moderators don't make them up as we go along. We work within the framework. Hope that clarifies things for you!

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 10:24 pm

Okay, thanks, that actually does make things clearer. Sorry :oops:

B19
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2017, 10:26 pm

No worries!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2017, 11:18 am

What Feeling Invalidated is describing: physiological reactions caused by an ingredient used in vaccines.

I would enjoy it if Feeling Invalidated explained precisely how these physiological reactions cause autism.

I know how it feels to "feel invalidated," so I certainly am not in the business of making Feeling Invalidated feel invalidated (no, I wasn't trying to be clever).

In general, if vaccines caused autism, we would have had many more autistic people reveal themselves in the heyday of the intake of the polio vaccine from the mid 50's to the early 60's.

We should investigate certain ingredients which are used in vaccines, though. And not jump to conclusions based upon the need to come up with a "scapegoat" to explain why people sometimes become autistic after initial "normal" development.

Feeling_Unvalidated
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2017, 12:43 pm

The hypothesized reason as to why the vaccines wouldn't cause adverse effects in everyone or a larger cross section of people from what i have found is that some people have an inherited propensity of how well their body ejects the mercury. Initially and still it is a common belief that the ethylmercury in the shots ejects out of the body faster than methylmercury, but that was because of things like hair and urine tests that showed so little in hair and urine excreted - but from what i understand they didn't test the amount they put in versus the amount that came out and the amount of a difference that accumulated in the brain and organs. i also don't think it's *just* vaccines but environmental. i worry about the future, and if taking thimerosal out of the equation would lessen the amount of people having to deal with this condition, i think it should not be dismissed so easily when scientific studies have shown that it is a neurotoxin that does affect the glutamate homeostasis.