Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PIgeek
Raven
Raven

11 Dec 2016, 2:26 pm

hi, i am new here and my grammar might be awful because english is not my mother tongue, however, does anybody hate to be touched? i don't like, i think it is very nasty. does anybody feels the same?

and the white knight is talking backwards
and the red queen is off with her head
remember what the dormouse said
feed your head, feed your head"

White rabbit -
Jefferson Airplane

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2016, 2:43 pm

I avoid being touched unless it's a loved one or a potential mate. When it's a potential mate, I require permission to reciprocate.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2016, 3:01 pm

I don't enjoy being touched at all. It feels too close. Sounds obvious I know, but it's just unpleasant for me. In terms of being 'oversensitive' in any way it's mostly just this that gets me, alongside some specific sounds. My ex boyfriend had a habit of stroking my hand in the cinema and by god I can still feel that, as if my skin was recently abraded! Physical contact is easy enough for me to avoid these days however as I'm simply not around other people too often for them to get a chance.

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2016, 4:39 pm

I hate contact (especially skin to skin) from most people. There are a few people that I like contact with (sister, some friends), but the rest of my family and most other people I dislike to have contact with. My family doesn't understand that I hate physical contact from them, and they persist in doing it, even if I ask them not to.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2016, 5:04 pm

It depends on who is touching me and how they are touching me. If I know someone well and they want to give me a hug, I'm okay with it, but I don't like handshakes with people when I meet them for the first time.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2016, 5:06 pm

It's an emphatic yes from me, especially from people I don't know too well.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2016, 5:13 pm

I used to hate it, no one but my mom was allowed to hug me. Now i am more tolerant although touching is still very intimate for me

hellhole
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2016, 6:58 pm

yup always hated it

"vulnerable narcissistic defenses w/ mild borderline traits"; Body Dysmorphic Disorder, (self-diagnosed).

Our internal representation of reality: (http://bit.ly/2BJuj5o)

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2016, 7:03 pm

I like *giving* hard squeezing hugs to my mother or my pets but anyone else, absolutely no....it feels awful and I especially don't like being touched unexpectedly. Light touch is probably the worst though, or feeling pressure in certain areas. God I f*****g HATE IT when someone accidentally brushes my arm. Makes me feel bad and I have to touch the area again to correct the sensation.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 12:22 am

For the most part I'm very resistant to being touched. But I also like having my mom or dad massage my neck and shoulders which helps relax me. And also them hugging me from behind and the pressure of their arms across my chest has a calming effect and can defuse a meltdown. But aside from that I don't like being touched or having anyone too near me.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 12:31 am

On occasion, i like hugs from people i trust. I dont like being touched by strangers, it really feels bad and makes me freak out. if im already overstimulated i do NOT want to be touched at all. But it doesng interfere with my life as much as sound and light does.

My niece especially makes life hard... She has a very high pitched voice and constantly talks and screams, being 3 its expected but sometimes i become overstimulated and it makes me loose control and can be scary to her, i dont mean to hurt her feelings or scare her, i just loose it. My sister is very unsympathetic about it.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 10:06 am

I understand you perfectly.

I don't like when people pat me on the back, because I think it's patronizing. I do like hugs from family and friends.

xDominiel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Dec 2016, 10:34 am

If people get all up in my personal space I literally instinctively feel like there is a threat, like it's a predator being dangerously close. So yeah, I kind of hate it, unless of course it's someone who is very close to me emotionally.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 1:23 pm

Any touch from the neck up makes me jump or want to quite badly. In between toes is painful.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 1:28 pm

I don't mind hugging people. But I hate it when people pat me.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 2:19 pm

I'm extremely empathic, so when someone touches me, I often inadvertently absorb their emotions or thoughts or energy at that moment, and sometimes it makes me overwhelmed. I do like giving hugs and cuddling, though.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII