Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

technologyfan936
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Dec 2016, 8:27 pm

Hi.
I am a freshman in high school and I am failing. I promise myself to do my assignments, but I can't get to it. I am not interested in environmental science. I want to do my assignments at school, but they won't let me. I go to a blind school in which they have residental students. I have to live like 60 miles away from the school to be residental. This needs to stop or I will fail 9th grade. I can't do this no more. School is probably better than home so I can concentrate more.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 9:24 am

Hello! I just defended a masters thesis in sociology about autistic workers. My big takeaway from the project was that the experiences shared by successful autistic adults would be a goldmine for people in your age group, and even a little older. I have a few questions, if you don't mind.

-Do you have a routine for your home life? Something like, getting home and doing X activity, having dinner, doing Y activity, doing Z activity, and then going to bed? In a routine, so that it would never go YZX or so forth?
-Do you have a period of time between school and home that would be like a buffer or rest period? Some kind of down time where you either do something calming or nothing at all before you resume activity? This would optimally be alone time.
-I assume that school is in a routine, as most schools are? Just checking to make sure.
-I assume you are autistic? Do you think your family understands autism as it pertains to you?

If you can answer those questions for me, I may have a some ideas for you. But I kind of need that information first.